We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I need advice ! Options

Pixar
#1 Posted : 10/16/2015 7:08:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I recently ordered a salvia divinorum plant, but I think I might have over watered it : the base of the plant is black (althought the rest look's fine for now).

Should I cut above the node, just above where it is darkening, and make a cutting to save it ?

Or, should I wait ? Maybe this is something that happens ? Maybe the plant will recover on it's own.
Pixar attached the following image(s):
IMG_3947.JPG (2,298kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Continuum
#2 Posted : 10/16/2015 7:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It doesn't look good. Crying or very sad

I suspect you'll need to cut it, but maybe keep an eye on it for a couple days. If it keeps creeping, cut away.

Make sure to give it plenty of air flow. Overwatering usually only turns to that with lack of fresh air exchange, ime.
Forge a Path with Heart <3

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 10/16/2015 8:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately, I also went through similar issues. Salvia plants do not travel well, I suspect. Sad It'll need humidity for the time being. Enough water few times a week, allowing it to be moist for some days, too. Part sun, at least until it can begin growing some maturity.

Hope it does well. Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Pixar
#4 Posted : 10/16/2015 8:21:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Symptoms seem like that of root rot Sad

I will wait and see if it keeps on moving up.

Your probably right about it needing more fresh air exchange I will look out for that.

Thanks for your input Smile

The Neural
#5 Posted : 11/22/2015 12:03:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How's your plant going?

I found that if that black part is not soft at all but relatively hard (maybe as hard as the rest of the stalk), it may be okay and normal. Some of the plants I've known had their black bit (only refering to the black bit at the base, not other random black parts) hardened more and acquired a wood-like texture and appearance and the plants remained healthy and vibrant.

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.