We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Acacia Confusa tek by KloudQ7 Options

BongWizard
#21 Posted : 10/18/2015 7:53:06 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

That photo I posted was of a very simple extract. Simmered in 1500mL dilute HCl, filtered, based with NaOH, back salted, 4x50mL naphtha pulls, pooled and evapped to completion. No reX, no mini A/B.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cyb
#22 Posted : 10/18/2015 8:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

BongWizard wrote:
That photo I posted was of a very simple extract. Simmered in 1500mL dilute HCl, filtered, based with NaOH, back salted, 4x50mL naphtha pulls, pooled and evapped to completion. No reX, no mini A/B.

Nice... Thumbs up
Simple, easy, effective.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

KloudQ7
#23 Posted : 10/18/2015 9:17:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

locojuiceman wrote:
Any pics to come with this KloudQ7 ? That would be nice.
Oh, wait..lol!! ..there they are [[ I saw the pics AFTER I posted this question Pleased ]]... NICE ! Good Job .. Oh, WAIT again! Those aren't your pics..man, please excuse me, I'm a bit strung out from the previous evenings recreations ..but, some pics would be nice to see if you can..
I use LJM's tek and get chunks covered in crystals.. it's been put through the test and its quite potent.
Just for the sake of sharing and not to say who's tek is better than who's because there are PLENTY of great teks, thanx to ACRB's versatility and ease of processing and also, it just depends on ones preference and the 'tools' that are available but this tek was used https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=67668&find=unread and though the end result may look different, the potency is there
I wonder why this is, that one solvent will form 'shards', another will form crystals such as yours and yet another will form a chunky layer with crystals on top..maybe it's the selective nature of the solvent used?
As in, like, one solvent will pull strictly DMT while another will pull various levels of a DMT/NMT combination?
I have yet to figure that out but this altogether shows the various and wonderful ways and seemingly endless combinations of solvents [[ Meaning as in using a Heptane/Naptha 60/40 ratio or other combinations that produce various results ]] we can get the goods out to enjoy with various results in experiences and that alone is just so awesome in my opinion...
As long as the tek employed results in the desired outcome to the best of the capabilities of the tools used?
I'm all for it
Great Job Friend Smile

I like your technique, gives me a few ideas. Both our processes have good parts, id like to try to find a good middle point and combine them somehow. Like i probably don't have to do so much boiling. Thanks for all the great info!

I posted those pics too, they are on the previous page.

KloudQ7
#24 Posted : 10/19/2015 6:35:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BongWizard wrote:

I might have gone with sodium carbonate (if you insist on avoiding NaOH) due to it's higher solubility (I believe a saturated CaCO3 solution has a pH of about 11.8, where I prefer it to be 12+).

That said, I may have just answered my first question. Have you washed your crystals with a mild alkaline solution after extracting? The reason I ask is that you may have some calcium acetate contamination. The crystals appear similar to DMT, but would wash off with cool water (if present).

The DMT crystals are very pure, but i did notice that when I use lye the NMT melts to a clear oil but with any calcium product it stays solid/ waxy. Could calcium be holding the NMT together?

KloudQ7
#25 Posted : 10/19/2015 6:41:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im beginning to think that using different bases just like different solvents changes the structure of the crystals.

locojuiceman
#26 Posted : 10/19/2015 11:01:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I think so too, with the bases ... whenever I used strictly lye I would for some reason, get much more 'oil' so I switched to Calcium Carbonate for the most part and lye just to 'finish it off' [ The Ph ] and that for some reason, yields chunky xtals and virtually no 'oil' except for that which clings to the sides of the jar after scraping the xtals out...
Different solvents also yielded different forms, or, various combinations of xtals/oil but seeing as the oil IS psychoactive and some people like it, it can then become a matter of preference..I myself don't enjoy the oil but I know people who do
The great thing about it all is that the combinations of different bases/solvents [ That work ] seem almost endless and they yield all kinds of different results, which to me is awesome..
But, like I said, for ME, I like no oil, just xtals
Everything I say here happened in My own Imagination. The more fantastic it sounds, the more you can count on it being in the realm of Dreams,

PREV12