We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does anyone with some spare bufo & tar care to experiment? Options

SuperRad
#1 Posted : 9/21/2009 3:48:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would do this myself, but I feel as my current Cebil batch will not yield enough for experiments.

Basically, if anyone has high-purity bufotenine, and the fully-expended black goop it was separated from, I think it would be worth it to conduct these experiments:

Take bufo freebase and goop-freebase and place in two separate containers. Cover both with water. Dissolve citric-acid soaked water dropwise until both substances become fully soluble in the water. Record the masses and volumes, and hopefully we should be able to calculate the pH at which bufo and the goop salt and become soluble in water. Ideally these figures would be different enough so that we could use pH to separate them.

Then take your two solutions of salted bufo and goop, and add lye or sodium carbonate soaked water dropwise until the water insoluble freebases crash out. Likewise record the amounts used, and hopefully we will find that one substance crashes out earlier, and that this could also be a separation method.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 9/21/2009 4:09:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I think the two substances are very similar in this respect, but I haven't had a look for myself.

Doing an extract at the moment so if I get pure results I will try this for sure.

SuperRad
#3 Posted : 9/21/2009 10:02:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It does seem as if they base and salt at similar concentrations, but even if we can get something like 30% of the goop to crash out before any significantg % of the bufotenine does, then the process can just be repeated several times, and then the ~90% pure bufo can be boil-purified just once with a VERY satisfactory result.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 9/22/2009 8:15:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It would be nice Smile

tropane
#5 Posted : 11/27/2009 11:23:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm bumping this thread because it struck my curiosity.
Has anyone come to a conclusion regarding the above matter yet?

Anything posted on here is relayed fables from a friend of a friend
who does not own a computer. Since SWIM cannot type these up himself,
I reiterate his fictional ramblings word for word to be a nice guy.

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 11/30/2009 2:42:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunaly, goop bufo does not dissolve that well in aciditic water (if not at all).
That makes that experimentation quite tedious.