We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First FASA experiment - questions Options

dooby
#1 Posted : 10/8/2015 9:03:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I performed Cyb's tek but pulled with toluene instead of naphtha.
I let the first pull sit in a container until (all?) of the contaminants had fallen out and the toluene was a very light yet transparent amber colour.
The next pull is a lot dirtier and after 24 hours a lot has fallen out yet the colour is more like a reddish brown with very little transparency...
Would performing a sodium carbonate wash of the dirty toluene before salting out the alks be a good idea? Would it improve purity of the yield or would I lose yield?
Also, after adding FASA to the first pull it hasn't regained it's initial transparency but remains a bit cloudy, even after 24 hours of letting it settle...Could this be a result of my acetone not being completely dry? And how does one verify the anhydrousness of one's acetone?
Any insight in these mysteries would be greatly appreciated, in the mean while I'll be looking into fumarate purification and conversion teks...

kindest regards

My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.