We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
* Options

vitriol
#1 Posted : 10/5/2015 5:20:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 10/6/2015 12:17:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would of tried to keep it smaller and bushier, kind of like bonsai, but it looks good!

Do you plan on attempting to harvest it? If so, how will you do so? It looks like you have it in a single pot with soil...you would most likely have to end up killing the tree in order to harvest roots from that.

The way I plan on growing my mimosa when I get around to it is starting it in a small, one gallon plastic pot that has most of the bottom cut out from it. The sides will also have large holes cut into them. This will then be placed into a large 25-50 gallon laundry bucket that is filled with perlite.

In theory, the roots should grow out of the first container and into the second one filled with perlite. The perlite pot can then be watered for the plant to survive. You can also then remove the first pot from the second one, and shake off the perlite from the roots in order to harvest some of them. Then it can be placed back into the pot and allowed to continue growing until next harvest.

This way the mimosa will keep living, and you will continue to have a source of goodies. All about sustainability.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Continuum
#3 Posted : 10/6/2015 12:42:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice looking plants! Thumbs up
Forge a Path with Heart <3

vitriol
#4 Posted : 10/6/2015 11:46:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 10/6/2015 11:19:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was unaware that the branches were active. If they have a decent percentage in them, that would be a good way to harvest without killing the tree. Just trim it up every so often to keep it small and over time you have a large amount of trimmings to extract.

At what age is it appropriate to harvest the roots?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 10/6/2015 11:30:10 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Is it not a misunderstanding between mimosa and acacia about active branch ? Cause this is a very surprising information.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Continuum
#7 Posted : 10/7/2015 12:35:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have also been advised by someone who I believe knows his stuff that there are actives in the branches. I was told that they are appropriate for brew, not so much extraction. Haven't tested this myself.

DansMaTete
#8 Posted : 10/7/2015 1:12:38 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Surprised Makes me more confused.

Confused Is there DMT or something else ?

Wut? Why not available for extraction ?

Crying or very sad Explanation needed here.

Smile Please
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Continuum
#9 Posted : 10/7/2015 3:54:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT.

My understanding (though, again, this is not personally tested and I have been known to remember things wrong or misunderstand occasionally) is that pruned branches can be ground up and brewed with maoi for an active aya analogue, but are fattier/oilier than root bark and therefore aren't good for extracting.

I have a couple deceased arenosas sitting around for future experimentation, so maybe that will be a fun fall project. I'll report the findings. :-)

vitriol
#10 Posted : 10/9/2015 9:46:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member