We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kratom Tea Recipe and Kratom Admixtures Options

No Knowing
#1 Posted : 9/29/2015 10:57:21 PM

fool adept

Kratom is an amazing plant that needs respect to work with correctly but its gifts are amazing when respected. I have been using Kratom responsibly for pain relief and occasional fun for a while now and I have experimented ALOT to find the best way to prepare and ingest Kratom. This tea recipe is the result of those experiments.

1.) Obtain Kratom. Mixing 2 strains 50-50[usually green and red] has produced the best results for me. In Southeast Asia [traditional kratom culture] They rarely take one strain of kratom. They usually mix 2-5 strains together. Eating Kratom powder [popular in the West] is never done over there either they either chew fresh leaves or make tea. Eating powder made me sick for a day or 2 [I have sensitive stomach] so I make tea.

2.) Weigh out Kratom e.g. 14g of Green Maeng Da and 14g Red Bali. Place in large pot with juice of one whole lemon. The lemon's acidity will help pull more alkaloids.

3.) Add water equal to about 2-3 quarts [keep in mind some will evaporate] Add any admixtures you desire [list of admixtures at bottom of post]

4.) Turn on stove and put to loooooooow. You are aiming for a simmer with NO BUBBLES. So you should see steam but no movement of water or bubbling/boiling. This will preserve the most alkaloids.

5.) Watch your kratom and keep to a simmer. Add intent, blow incense, say prayers etc. Stir regularly.

6.) Simmer from 20-45 minutes depending on your time then take Kratom off burner and let settle.

7.) Strain Kratom for a beautiful clear amber tea that is easy on the stomach. Using a Chemex drip coffee filter has been the best way to make Kratom for me. I highly recommend them. Otherwise a coffee filter and a plastic filter holder or just rubberband over a filter on a cup can work.

8.) Add honey or sweetener and enjoy! If you followed my ratios and you do not have opioid tolerance 1 shot of this tea will be potent! Tread with caution. I rarely drink more than 4 ounces.

Kratom has a personal sweet spot you must experiment with. it can be 1g=good 2g=better 3g=awesome 4g=tired 5g=sick 6g= really sick
SO FIND YOUR SWEET SPOT AND DON'T DRINK MORE FOR A FEW HOURS it sucks when you go overboard. But i like how the plant is self limiting.

Admixtures/Potentiators for kratom
-Turmeric tea can be boiled with the Kratom for potentiation. [Amazing body high]
-Most calming or stimulating herbs are nice to add
-Gingko Biloba, ginseng, skullcap, oatstraw, nettle, coca, guayusa, etc. [lotta possible dimensions to add]
-Kanna really goes well mentally with kratom [REALLY healing emotionally/physically]

White grapefruit juice will almost double the length of Kratom IME.
Pink Grapefruit juice and Grapefruit essential oil to a lesser extent.

Enjoy and be responsible. Kratom is powerful when used occasionally but can get lame and addictive when used daily for extended periods. Twice a week spaced out can be healthy. Using more than a couple days in a row I will take 2 week to month break.

Keep in mind it takes 24 hours to completely leave your system [or withdraw to start if you did it too much]
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#2 Posted : 9/30/2015 4:36:26 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

Could you recommend a strain for pain relief, but not too sedating?
Not asking for a source, just a strain.
I'm on a budget.
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

No Knowing
#3 Posted : 9/30/2015 6:00:23 PM

fool adept

Red Bali is cheap and will do the job, if you dose low it will be rather stimulating.

Green Maeng Da is more money but is generally stronger and more stimulatory. It has strong pain relief also. You could take more and not be sedated.

Good luck.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

SpartanII
#4 Posted : 10/27/2015 6:27:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tea recipe.Thumbs up I've always hated how the bitter, gritty powder sticks to the back of my throat using the toss-n-wash method or even just mixed with liquid.

As for potentiators, black seed oil (nigella sativa) is reported to be one of the most potent. My personal experience can attest to this.