We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Can't Remember My Experiences Options

KateAdam
#1 Posted : 9/26/2015 11:16:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey peeps

A long time since I last posted but I'm having a slight issue at the moment, in that I'm completely unable to remember any of my experiences. I dont mean over the days/weeks following but I'm talking within seconds/minutes of landing, even questioning whether I'm actually lifting off in the first place. Its the weirdest thing, not to mention frustrating.
Last night I administered while having a bath, put some headphones on and lay there. I was aware I had a spiritual experience but I have no idea what.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The only thing I can think of is that I also deal with insomnia. Last weekend I had some friends over and we did a bit of charlie, I know thats not going to help the insomnia but I took 10mg of Temazepam on Saturday and Sunday night. Could this be the issue?

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help.

Kate
xx

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Koornut
#2 Posted : 9/26/2015 11:20:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not particularly seasoned with travelling so I'm not much help with your memory puzzle, but I would advise against doing it in the bath every single time.
Take care Smile
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

#3 Posted : 9/26/2015 12:05:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Kate,
I also have trouble remembering my experiences sometimes.
Even though i end up utterly gob smacked by what happened, I m not sure what it is that happened.
Perhaps I can get some insight from your thread as well.

Jay

KateAdam
#4 Posted : 9/26/2015 12:53:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sphorange wrote:
I'm not particularly seasoned with travelling so I'm not much help with your memory puzzle, but I would advise against doing it in the bath every single time.
Take care Smile

Appreciate the concern hun Smile , its only a once in a blue moon thing I'll dose in the bath, and is something I'm very careful with. But wow…

Global
#5 Posted : 9/26/2015 1:26:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Remembering the experience can be particularly challenging, and for some more than others. Many find that as they do it more, it becomes easier to remember as their brain begins to "learn" the new world, and have familiar benchmarks it can point to, saying, "I've seen that before." It could be the case that you are overdoing it. You might want to back off on dosage and see if you can remember lower dose experiences.

What kind of dosage are you loading up, and into what kind of smoking/vaping utensil?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

KateAdam
#6 Posted : 9/26/2015 1:51:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm some thoughts there…

Past experiences have been fine and its only been a recent thing. I've had a few weeks off it and only started again last weekend where then and now its been difficult to remember. In terms of dosage its been anywhere between 15-30mg through a bong, so not really huge.

xx

Global
#7 Posted : 9/26/2015 2:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I'd say keep at it, and maintain your attention throughout the whole process for as much as possible. Try not to let yourself become distracted. From the moment the smoke leaves your lungs, try concentrating on concentrating. Pay attention to every detail along the way. If consciousness or awareness is somehow broken, try and detect at what point this happens.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

KateAdam
#8 Posted : 9/26/2015 2:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks hun, I think you're right, thats the best I can do. Its really odd though, normally its all so free flowing and vivid where now there is just this void Sad

xx

darklordsson
#9 Posted : 9/26/2015 4:05:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Global, just keep up the small doses, also imo, dose while you are sober from any other drug. Just take the dmt trip, other substances in your system may also be the cause of a forgetful trip?

KateAdam
#10 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:04:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats generally my ethos with it really, I've never tried it directly with any other drug, too scared to if i'm honest.

Do you know what its like with mushrooms, my thought is because the two molecules are very similar one would think they compliment each other?

xx

Leithen
#11 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:29:11 PM

Be Here Now

For me, there is a VERY noticeable difference in memory retention between times I have been sober for several days before and times when I have indulged in cannabis in the days leading up to and during the experience. Of course, my memory is much, much better when I have been sober. This could be partially to blame.

I personally think the Temazepam could have played a huge roll in this. From my experience, benzodiazepines usually seem to dull experiences and destroy memory.

Regardless, the advice above is spot on. Following Globals advice and staying sober for several days to clean out the system and get your brain back to baseline could work quite well. I also always write down as much as I can immediately after the experience while it is fresh in my mind. Hope this gets sorted out and you can start remembering and sharing your experiences! Very happy
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

darklordsson
#12 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:30:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have heard of people having dmt as they come down off of shrooms and lsd to "brighten" back up. Me personally have never tried it myself. I could see that it could be complimentary to the experience but intense since there is already another substance in your system. Just be careful. As always, start with small doses and work your way up and find what makes the best experience for you. I had bad times with going in all or nothing in the pastRolling eyes .

dls

KateAdam
#13 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:39:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you're right Leithen, and its surprising how long other drugs in your system can last for. I know when I was on anti-depressants I used to have to take a fortnight break from them in order to dose on DMT - otherwise the trip was utterly horrid and very intense, not to mention having to take high doses to get any effect.
I'm going to try one more dose shortly to see how I get on, then I think I'll leave it a little while.

xx

Psychelectric
#14 Posted : 9/26/2015 6:45:44 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

My technique for helping remember DMT trips is the same I use for helping me remember my dreams.

I am big into lucid dreaming and have been doing it for 13 + years with much success. The first thing to do when learning to lucid dream, is to try to remember your dreams. Even the slightest fragment can be enough, and then try your best to write it down which will force the memory on it. Writing anything down will improve memory. I think you can do the same thing with your trip experiences. Just write down little bits and pieces in a trip journal maybe.

If you keep doing this over time, you will more than likely remember larger and larger chunks of what happened.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

KateAdam
#15 Posted : 9/26/2015 7:52:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool I will start giving that a try, I'm rubbish at remembering dreams as well for that matter.

Given that weed is a dream inhibitor, or prevents any recollection of such then it would surely stand to reason then that it might be detrimental to trip experience and recall… …hmmm maybe its time to knock that one on the head as well.

Thanks all, love you guys

Kate
xx

Swarupa
#16 Posted : 9/26/2015 8:09:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quite a few members have reported that predosing with harmalas prior to vaping DMT can be nice for slowing it down and so remembering more of the experience in-depth. I haven't tried this yet myself but it's definitely interesting.

I didn't notice much of a synergy with psilocybin myself, although some say it's a great combination, i found i had the most vivid memory and synergy so far with LSDMT the few times that i've tried it. Overall i think harmalas are the most interesting considering the Sacred tradition of Ayahuasca.

Meditation before and after can help to remember the finer details aswell i've found... sometimes i remember parts of an experience days or weeks afterwards then it all comes flooding back, so it may come back to you yet. My memory in general is much better when i haven't been using cannabis often and things can be clearer during a trip, i don't think it could be the cause of total memory loss after smoking DMT though.

Do let us know how you get on... Smile

KateAdam
#17 Posted : 9/26/2015 11:17:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've not had the chance to play with caapi yet myself, I was warned against it while I was on anti-depressants. Anyhow off those now… ...thank goodness, so my next leaf infusion will be with harmalas.

I usually try to meditate once or twice a day and practise yoga anyway, which normally will go along with my ritual while using DMT. Being a spiritual person its really frustrating not being able to remember my experiences.

I'm going to give it another week, if things are better then, then it'll be the temazepam thats responsible for the memory issue. Once thats been crossed off and still no improvement, then will knock the weed on the head, being an insomniac its something thats something which I would prefer not to.

Kate
xx

Swarupa
#18 Posted : 9/27/2015 9:54:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the temazepam, the one time i tried a benzo was prior to changa and it was quite strange as i had no visuals at all, so in a sense there wasn't much to remember about it.

KateAdam
#19 Posted : 9/27/2015 12:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm fairly certain its that too, will report back in a week or two once its well and truly out my system.\

Kate
xx

null24
#20 Posted : 9/27/2015 3:38:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Temazepam is a pretty strong benzo, and is given for both insomnia and nightmares if i recall correctly. It promotes sleep, but encourages the loss of dream memory, again, iirc. I suffered nightmares for some time that had me afraid of going to sleep and doctors prescribed several drugs that i cycled through, seroquel, clonodine and t-pam, all off label. I'm sure you're correct in your assumption of that being the culprit. However, to cast doubt on my own conclusion, I've taken alprazolam prior to dosing 5meo as well as n,n DMT in the past and not noticed a detrimental effect on trip memory.

You sound like you have some experience with hyperspace, but still I'm going to say this... Remembering a DMT trip used to be like remembering a dream for me, only bits and pieces would come through and I'd try to piece the experience back together. More recently however, and with the more experience familiarity and comfort i gain there, it all becomes familiar and more memorable. To use one of the bards phrases, maybe I'm less astonished now?

Idk, setting intent, no benzos, and mindful practice may help you get there.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

12NEXT