We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Art is Magic Options

Psychelectric
#1 Posted : 9/25/2015 11:06:50 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

This should speak for itself, I just wanted to share. I love this perspective on the transformative power of art.

A Perspective on Art with Alan Moore
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DeltaSpice
#2 Posted : 9/25/2015 11:55:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't agree with some of his ideas totally but I see where he is coming from.
The part about people dumbing themselves made me laugh. That is so true.

I had never heard of this guy before, he is interesting.
I'll watch more of his videos now.

Thanks Thumbs up

Psychelectric
#3 Posted : 9/26/2015 3:05:54 AM

Curiouser and curiouser

You're very welcome, yeah I love his stuff. He's a good writer, he has written a lot of comic books/graphic novels. I first heard of him reading a Swamp Thing comic he wrote. Not sure if you're familiar with the character but Swamp Thing's backstory is that he was a scientist researching healing plants when some men tried to kill him and steal his research. The lab he was working on exploded and he fell into the bayou with all those chemicals and he emerged pretty much a god of plants,
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

DeltaSpice
#4 Posted : 9/27/2015 8:14:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He does graphic novels ,Watchmen and much more.
Never knew he existed until now. I love Watchmen, although he wouldn't watch such a corruption .
I'm watching loads of his clips. Its nice hearing some one who thinks for themselves , plus his dull accent (no offence) is captivating .

Psychelectric
#5 Posted : 9/27/2015 9:17:44 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Neutral Smile Very happy Big grin Laughing

I'm glad to get someone hooked on him. His philosophies on art fascinate me. Writing fiction stories is one of my favorite hobbies. So hearing what an accomplished writer has to say on the craft is always beneficial, especially with such an ancient kind of lean with his talk of bards and such. History, especially mythic history fascinates me. It's the roots of our cultures that echo through the stories we keep today. Evolution, of humanities collective symbolic mind.

I absolutely love it.

DeltaSpice
#6 Posted : 9/28/2015 9:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I especially like what he said regarding people watching TV, that they are all thinking the same thing at the same time lol. kill your TV , is my advise .

You cant beat being original .

I don't like thinking other peoples thoughts. I am capable of being original, generating my own thoughts and conclusions.

Probably originality that is one of the keys to success regarding art, writing, music and so on.

Although I don't dabble in those areas.

I hope your stories are original Smile

Psychelectric
#7 Posted : 9/29/2015 2:06:05 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Very happy I wouldn't be writing them if I felt they weren't. I'm too sick of this uninspired sequel/remix obsessed culture. Yeah I feel they are quite original, a kind of story this world needs. My trick is trying to send a message without being preachy (I like writing satires), and that's the hardest part.

Mz.Gypzy
#8 Posted : 9/29/2015 8:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For anyone that is a fan of Alan Moore, I highly recommend his comic book Promethea It's is fantastic! It is full of Occult and mystical teachings. It mentions Ayahuasca and other psychedelics. One of the best books I've ever read! (Not just comic book).
The artwork is fluid and great to look at, I cannot recommend this book enough.

who's minding the store?- Ram Dass
Mz.Gypzy is a fictional character. I have a very active imagination. I like to make things up, to entertain myself and others on the internet. I do not use, or condone the use of illegal substances. Everything I write here on the Nexus is for pure entrainment purposes only.

DeltaSpice
#9 Posted : 9/29/2015 9:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mz.Gypzy wrote:
For anyone that is a fan of Alan Moore, I highly recommend his comic book Promethea It's is fantastic! It is full of Occult and mystical teachings. It mentions Ayahuasca and other psychedelics. One of the best books I've ever read! (Not just comic book).
The artwork is fluid and great to look at, I cannot recommend this book enough.

I don't do fiction but I will look into this one.
Thanks for the tip.

Psychelectric
#10 Posted : 9/29/2015 11:54:07 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Thank you very much for the recommendation Mz. Gypzy, I'll put that on my list of cool things to later acquire. That man's use of symbolism is beautiful, a true artist. This looks like it's just straight up full of symbolism. More food for the mind. And this mind is hungry. Big grin

Cognitive Heart
#11 Posted : 10/3/2015 4:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The title of your thread reminds me of how this particular piece I found makes me feel magic. Transformations within art are beautifully interwoven. Smile

Cognitive Heart attached the following image(s):
tumblr_n0tu2deIPX1t27e8io1_500.jpg (91kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Psychelectric
#12 Posted : 10/3/2015 9:14:43 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

That is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing

Cognitive Heart
#13 Posted : 10/3/2015 9:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would include the original artist but to no avail, unfortunately. Your welcome, enjoy.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.