We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
does water remove dmt when vaping? Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 9/17/2015 3:25:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For a long time ive used a little water in my spice pipe ..[about one inch of water]..with mixed results and finally i tryed it with just a tiny amount of water ...
[just enough to cover the end of the brass tube]..and 20mgs almost blew me away!

I have to use some water because my bowl is plastic and the heat might melt it with out water to cool the vapor...

My pipe i made with hardware store parts..a glass bowl a brass stem and a plastic water bottle...

There has been a long time isue as to whether water takes away from the dmt experiance or not?

Many say it does and others say it does not?

I think freebase dmt would not desolve in water to fast.. but when turned into vapor passing through water could some of the vapor become traped in the water?

Any ideas welcome!...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

1ce
#2 Posted : 9/17/2015 6:41:15 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

The BP of DMT is ~360C, and water at about 100. If your water was boiling it would still be 260C colder than the water. In theory the water would act as a vapor trap (as seen on vac/schlenk lines for example) by condensing the vapor and turning it back into an oil.

The ideal ticket would be to use just the right amount of water to keep the pipe cool but not to instantly condense the DMT vapors. I'd suggest maybe warm/hot water.

NotTwo
#3 Posted : 9/17/2015 12:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
For a long time ive used a little water in my spice pipe ..[about one inch of water]..with mixed results and finally i tryed it with just a tiny amount of water ...
[just enough to cover the end of the brass tube]..and 20mgs almost blew me away!

That's very useful anecdotal evidence that the water is removing some of the spice Smile

I've always been surprised at people who say they use a water bong as I've wondered how much spice got lost in the water. I guess the actual vapor is only in the water for a part of a second so doesn't have too much time to cool but a bit must condense at least.

Do you find you have anything floating on or in the water after vaping? Would be interesting to evaporate off the water and see what it smelt/looked/smoalked like.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

pitubo
#4 Posted : 9/17/2015 2:36:41 PM

dysfunctional word machine

starway6 wrote:
I have to use some water because my bowl is plastic and the heat might melt it with out water to cool the vapor...

Air (and smoke) has very little heat capacity. Unless you are smoking literally non-stop for minutes, you are not likely to damage the bowl. The biggest risk is the brass stem overheating and deforming the hole in the plastic bottle it is fitted into.

Anyway, the water in a bong is not only there to cool the vapor, it is also there to absorb combustion gases like HCl and HCN that result from smouldering plant matter and act as irritants to the airways. If a lot of acidic gas dissolves in the water in your bong, then this would acidify the water and could cause the dmt freebase vapor to be salted and dissolved in the water.

As 1ce writes, some of the freebase dmt could be also simply be condensing onto the water.

If you are not burning enhanced leaf or changa in your bong, but only vaporizing freebase, there should be no acrid combustion gases if you vape correctly. In that case I would discard the water altogether and adopt a different smoking technique if the vapors are too hot for you to inhale directly. You could fill your mouth with vapor and then take your lips off the bong and at once inhale the vapor in your mouth together with as much fresh air as you can pull in along with the vapor. That'll also help to get the vapor deep into your lungs and help absorbtion.

starway6
#5 Posted : 9/17/2015 3:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not using any leaf material and am vaporizing only the spice ..[almost no combustion at all] ..and im vaporizing through a [stainless steel]..volcano wet pad only..

It may be condensing into the water some?

It was a great improvement .. [ meaning more effective] using acacia...

I felt i was breaking through this time ..and breifly..i even felt i would not come back to baseline ..but knew i would ..

It was a smooth roller coaster ride compleate with all the sights!

Ill have to try this again soon..Thumbs up
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08251.JPG (3,014kb) downloaded 235 time(s).