We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pure CBD Isolation is hard, but here's a simple step-by-step "THC 100% REMOVAL" Tek Options

Ya
#1 Posted : 9/13/2015 5:26:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please allow a fresh start to one who has begun to truly learn the importance of humility and gratitude. Be Here Now.

[edit: Please feel free to jump directly to post #10 in this thread, where it is realized that a simple step-by-step "THC 100% REMOVAL" Tek is the true goal of this thread. Smile]

Is this method of "Isolation of Cannabidiol" the only way currently known, to isolate the legal non-psychoactive molecule Cannabidiol (CBD) with a high degree of purity?

Legal disclaimer: When isolating the legal non-psychoactive molecule Cannabidiol (CBD), this process can only be legally performed by two groups of people: those with legal access to medical cannabis, and those who have purchased a totally legal hemp product which does not contain sufficient amounts of psychoactive molecules to be ruled a controlled substance. Only a small percentage of humans have legal access to medical cannabis, but all humans have legal access to non-psychoactive hemp products. And note, the final isolated molecule Cannabidiol (CBD) in its pure form is absolutely non-psychoactive, so it is absolutely legal to be possessed, ingested, and given for free to any consenting adult who would like to ingest it, as long as no claims are made about this molecule having any health encouraging properties. To put it simply: possessing, ingesting, and freely giving pure Cannabidiol to people who personally have decided that this is a molecule they choose to ingest, are all legal actions, and thus discussion of the isolation and purification of this legal molecule is a legal right. Thankfully.

Thus, with purity of intent, is this original 1940 Tek a method that can be explained more simply for laymen, and even improved upon, by the intelligent altruistic humans here at the Nexus?

Quote:
"It has been found that from the extracts of hemp (Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indicia) a red viscous oil can be obtained, commonly known as red oil, from which a pure crystalline compound, cannabidiol, can be isolated (Adams, Hunt and Clark, J. A. C. S. 62, 196 (1940). Through a chemical study (J. A. C. S. 62, 196, 732, 735, 1770 (1940); see also J. A. C. S. August and September numbers, 1940), it has been shown to have the structural formula: CH3 OH C OH CH3 CH2 (Formula I)

With the exception of the position of the double 20 bond in the left hand cycle in the above formula the structure of cannabidiol is well established. Investigations show this left hand cycle to be a tetrahydro benzene ring.

Cannabidiol is a crystalline compound, M. P. 66-67° (cor.), and forms long white rods when crystallized from petroleum ether (B. P. 30-60° ). It has an [a]27D-125°, and is physiologically inactive so far as marihuana activity is concerned.

The principal object of the present invention is to provide an improved process for isolating cannabidiol from red oil obtained from hemp.

Other objects of the present invention will be apparent as the description proceeds.

The isolation of cannabidiol from red oil obtained from hemp is described in detail in J. A. C. S. 62, 196 (1940). This process which includes the treatment of purified red oil with 3,5-dinitrobenzoyl chloride and the formation of cannabidiol o, bis-3,5-dinitrobenzoate has been found of particular value for the isolation of the desired product. Ammonolysis of the benzoate, i. e. diester, yields cannabidiol in pure form.

The process as set forth in the J. A. C. S. 62, 55 196, 198, 199 (1940) serves to illustrate the present invention.

Cannabidiol bis-3,5-dinitrobenzoate.-A solution of about 50 grams of purified red oil, B. P. 175-195° C. (2 mm.), in 200 cc. of dry pyridine was poured rapidly with shaking and cooling on 85 grams of 3,5-dinitrobenzoyl chloride. The mixture was heated on a steam cone for two hours with occasional shaking and was then poured into ice and hydrochloric acid (200 cc. of concentrated hydrchloric acid, 500 cc. of ice). It was filtered or decanted and the insoluble material was washed several times with dilute hydrochloric acid. The residue was dissolved in 600 cc. of benzene and filtered. The insoluble material consisted mainly of 3,5-dinitrobenzoic acid.

The benzene solution was washed with dilute hydrochloric acid, then with aqueous sodium bicarbonate and finally with water. The benzene was evaporated and the residue was dissolved in 500 cc. of dry ether. This solution was treated with norit (20 grams), filtered, and then concentrated to 300 cc. On cooling in an ice-salt mixture with constant stirring, crystallization set Sin. After one hour, the product was filtered and washed with cold dry ether. Upon purification of the desired product by recrystallization from 800 cc. of a mixture of methanol and methyl acetate (2:1), it was obtained as white rods M. P. 106-107° C. (corr.).

Cannabidiol.-A solution of 50 grams of cannabidiol bis-3,5-dinitrobenzoate in 100 cc. of toluene was placed in the glass liner of a high pressure reaction vessel. The mixture was cooled by dry ice and about 100 cc. of liquid ammonia passed into it. The liner was then placed in the high pressure reaction vessel and the cover quickly fastened. The high pressure reaction vessel was allowed to stand for five hours at room temperature. At the end of that time the excess ammonia was allowed to escape and the product, which had set to a solid mass, was digested with 400 cc. of petroleum ether (B. P. 60-110° C.). The solid 3,5dinitrobenzamide was filtered and washed with two 50 cc. portions of petroleum ether. Filtrate and washings were combined and extracted six times with 150 cc. portions of boiling water to remove the last traces of 3,5-dinitrobenzamide. The petroleum ether was then evaporated and the i residue distilled, B. P. 187-190° C. (2 mm.) (bath temperature 220° C.). The resulting product, i.e. cannabidiol, was obtained as a pale yellow resin.[/b]

It will be obvious to those skilled in the art that the present invention is not limited to the details of the process outlined above. The scope of the present invention accordingly should be determined by the claims annexed hereto.

1. In a process for isolating cannabidiol from red oil obtained from hemp, the step which consists in treating the red oil with 3,5-dinitrobenzoyl chloride to form cannabidiol bis-3,5-dinitrobenzoate.

2. In a process for isolating cannabidiol from red oil obtained from hemp, the step which consists in isolating the cannabidiol from said oil as the dinitrobenzoate ester.

3. A process for isolating substantially pure cannabidiol from red oil obtained from hemp which comprises (a) treating hemp red oil with 3,5-dinitrobenzoyl chloride, (b) separating the cannabidiol bis-3,5-dinitrobenzoate formed in (a) from the red oil mixture, and (c) subjecting the benzoate ester of (b) to ammonolysis.

4. The product cannabidiol bis-3,5-dinitrobenzoate.

ROGER ADAMS.

Written August 16, 1940"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ya
#2 Posted : 9/13/2015 6:37:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So far, it appears Endlessness contributed back in 2012 a very easy Tek of how to isolate CBD:

endlessness wrote:
Now that I think about it, it would be simple to isolate CBD with preparative (or adapted analytical) TLC. If you use hexane as the mobile phase and silica plates as the stationary, you can see the two bands, THC being just below CBD. You can then scrape out the CBD band, soak the CBD band in some solvent and evap.

TLC is not at all complicated, if you already do extractions, you can def do TLC. Just buy some plates, check my signature link and/or pm me for more info on TLC.

pitubo
#3 Posted : 9/13/2015 10:33:42 PM

dysfunctional word machine

TLC is an analytical technique, geared towards qualitative determination. There exists so-called quantitative TLC, but it still involves relatively minor quantities. What all this means in layman's terms is that TLC is useful to determine the presence of CBD or perhaps to isolate an amount suitable for further analytical procedures, but it is not a useful technique for obtaining consumer level quantities of CBD.

Now about your original question: forget about it. Not on this forum. Not even on the Advanced Chemistry subforum. The required chemicals and procedures are not kitchen friendly enough. They are in fact outright dangerous. Liquid anhydrous ammonia should only be handled by skilled operators in a well equipped laboratory. I am not aware of the precise properties of 3,5-dinitrobenzoyl chloride, but some of those properties might be high explosiveness. I've never seen it listed on ebay and I imagine to be frowned upon when inquiring about the possibility of its purchase at the local pharmacy. If you try to import it from, say alibaba.com, I bet that at the customs office, the sniffer dogs from the explosives squad will be very interested in it.

Some further observations:

CBD is very much psychoactive in its own right. The activity is different from THC. Research is being done into the application of CBD as a first line medication for people suffering from a psychotic episode. Unlike current antipsychotic medications like risperidone, CBD is relatively nontoxic.

Quote:
"freely giving pure Cannabidiol to people who personally have decided that this is a molecule they choose to ingest"

Considering the cost of chemicals, equipment and work to prepare a CBD isolate as per the patent you quoted, I estimate this to be highly unrealistic and unlikely. Unless maybe "philantropists" like Bill Gates want to sponsor it. Maybe he will if you find a way to make it tax deductible. Or even to make a profit under the guise of giving.

Anyway, if you really care about a serious supply of CBD, consider investing in a second hand supercritical CO2 extraction apparatus from a decaf coffee processing plant and then use that to process the leafy greens that remain as the waste from fiber hemp production. What you'll get as a product is not exactly pure CBD, it'll also contain CBN, plant waxes and a bunch of other compunds, but no potentially illegal THC.

Godsmacker
#4 Posted : 9/13/2015 11:12:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was under the impression that any derivative of a compound from a controlled plant or controlled substance (i.e. THC) would be illegal under the analogue act. CBD is similar in structure to THC and has activity at similar (albeit entirely differently situated) receptor systems. Where in the American drug laws does it say that CBD is legal and not an analogue of THC or illegal because it is a derivative of a controlled substance (marihuana)? I have seen several head shops offering CBD smoking blends but am very confused regarding its legality-IMO it's begging to be scheduled if anything or it would be pretty easy to persecute it as an analogue. I would appreciate further discussion as to its legality as I am highly doubtful of the power that be leaving it alone.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/13/2015 11:20:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah you can do preparative TLC but still that's not so efficient if you're doing large quantities or regularly. But column chromatography (with TLC to confirm separation) could definitely work to separate CBD from THC.

Or extract hemp, yes. I have a friend who's done this a couple of times and his extraction came out as mostly CBD (I think 17% or something?) and with a small but significant THC content (can't remember exactly how much). Hemp needs to have under a certain amount of THC to be legal in some places but if you are making an extract, that will also concentrate whatever small amount of THC is there.

Not sure about USA laws on CBD, it changes a lot depending on the country. In many places you can get CBD-only extracts legally online.

Either way learning about column chromatography/tlc is probably a useful thing to do Smile

Ya
#6 Posted : 9/14/2015 9:11:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Much gratitude for the contributions by all.

About the question of legal status of CBD, here is a summary with source links about "Cannabinoids and Cannabidiols, with THC removed, for the purposes of using for health benefits" being Patented and Owned by the U.S. Government (Patent #6630507), thus entitling the U.S. Government to receive royalties on every legal sale of "Cannabinoids and Cannabidiols with THC removed, for the purposes of health benefits" through their Exclusive Royalty-Paying Manufacturer KannaLife Sciences Inc., a company owned by MedicalMarijuanaInc., the huge company which also owns KannaWay, HempMeds, RealScientificHempOil, DixieBotanicals, DixieElixirsany, Cibaderm & Cibdex - thus companies owned by the Medical MarijuanaInc. corporation are the only legal Exclusive Royalty-Paying Distributors according to the U.S. Government's Patent #6630507 Licensing Contract with MedicalMarijuanaInc.'s KannaLifeSciencesInc.

Source Links:
On October 7th 2003, the United States Patent entitled "Cannibinoids as AntiOxidants and NeuroProtectants" was granted to: the United States Government Department of Health and Human Services.
http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=06630507

On November 10th 2011, KannaLife Sciences Inc. (currently owned by Medical Marijuana, Inc.) applied to the U.S. Government's Department of Health and Human Services' agency the National Institutes of Health (NIH), to be the Exclusive Royalty-Paying Manufacturer of "Cannabinoids and Cannabidiols, with THC removed" which still remains owned by the U.S. Government's Patent #6630507.
http://www.kannalife.com...inoids-and-cannabidiols/
(Archived for posterity) https://web.archive.org/...inoids-and-cannabidiols/

On July 9th 2012, KannaLife Sciences Inc. (currently owned by Medical Marijuana, Inc.) signed their 1st agreement with the U.S. Government agency NIH, to be the Exclusive Royalty-Paying Manufacturer of "Cannabinoids and Cannabidiols, with THC removed, for using as an AntiOxidant or as a NeuroProtectant", a patented health benefit which still remains owned by the U.S. Government's Patent #6630507.
http://www.kannalife.com...nology-transfer-nih-ott/
(Archived for posterity) https://web.archive.org/...hnology-transfer-nih-ott

On August 4th 2014, KannaLife Sciences Inc. (currently owned by Medical Marijuana, Inc.) signed their 2nd agreement with the U.S. Government agency NIH, to be the Exclusive Royalty-Paying Manufacturer of "Cannabinoids and Cannabidiols, with THC removed, for treatment of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy", another patented health benefit which still remains owned by the U.S. Government's Patent #6630507.
http://www.kannalife.com...raumatic-encephalopathy/
(Archived for Posterity) https://web.archive.org/...traumatic-encephalopathy

Notice in this Government Owned "Cannabinoids and Cannabidiols" Health Benefits Patent #6630507, the top patent which it cites as a reference is: Roger Adams' 1940 filed / 1942 granted "Isolation of Cannabidiol" http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/...Num=0&docid=02304669 Tek Patent which is pasted in full at the top of this thread. Meaning, as absurd as it sounds, according to those two patents: anyone who performs "Isolation of Cannibidol, as patented by Roger Adams, with the intent to use Cannabidiol or any other Cannabinoids, with THC removed, for the purposes of health benefit" has infringed upon the United States Government's Patent #6630507.

Also, take notice that in Roger Adams' original CBD patent, he successfully expanded the patent coverage to expand beyond his specific outlined isolation technique, he (and now the U.S. Government) claims "the present invention is not limited to the details of the process outlined above. The scope of the present invention accordingly..." officially includes, no matter what technique you use to isolate it, "the product cannabidiol..." which seems absurd.

These 2 patents seem to indicate that in addition to the physical difficulty of isolating cannabidiol (CBD), there is a legal risk of some court judge ruling that by merely isolating cannabidiol, one has infringed upon Roger Adams' old patent, and/or that by merely extracting THC out of hemp, to create a final product known as "Cannabidiol or any other Cannabinoids, with THC removed, for the purposes of health benefit" one has infringed upon the United States Government's Patent #6630507.

This concerns me, because I live in Japan, and my family members need CBD, and I want to give it to them, and currently my choices seem to be as follows:

Option #1: buy the official U.S. Government's Department of Health and Human Services' National Institutes of Health's MedicalMarijuanaInc's KannaLifeSciences' CBD product from one of their official distributors (KannaWay, HempMeds, RealScientificHempOil, DixieBotanicals, DixieElixirsany, Cibaderm or Cibdex) which I can already easily do already through direct online ordering, since Japan has legalized the import of "Cannabidiol or any other Cannabinoids, as long as the THC is removed."

Option #2: have my father in California purchase take his personal legal medical cannabis purchases which he makes using his legal medical cannabis prescription, and have him take out the THC - which, if I understand the above contributions from members, seems to be quite easy, the only difficult task would be to isolate JUST the CBD, but it seems it is quite easy to take the THC out of cannabis, through repeated column chromatography (with repeated TLC to confirm separation) and that would satisfy the Japanese customs officers who are only allowed to send back product containing THC.

I think I am going to choose the second option, because I simply don't trust the purity level of Option #1, after having read ProjectCBD's analysis of the official MedicalMarijuanaInc's "CBD" containing dangerous levels of toxicity.

That's where I am at right now, but I am very eager to read an further contributions to this thread from any Nexus members, and I am very grateful for the kind help you are giving.

I promise that my goal here is to improve the lives of my family members here in Japan, and around the world, so whatever "column chromatography THC-removal techniques" and "TLC confirmation techniques) I learn here, I will share freely with humanity, for the benefit of humanity. Smile

Ya
#7 Posted : 9/14/2015 11:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For further clarification about the U.S. Government's position about CBD Royalties which must be paid to them, and about CBD being "non-psychoactive", here is their official statement:

Quote:
"Grant of Exclusive License: Development of Cannabinoid(s) and Cannabidiol(s)

http://federalregister.gov/a/2011-29726

SUMMARY

This is notice, in accordance with 35 U.S.C. 209(c)(1) and 37 CFR part 404.7(a)(1)(i), that the National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, is granting an exclusive patent license to practice the invention embodied in U.S. Patent 6,630,507, entitled “Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants” and foreign equivalents thereof, to Kannalife Sciences Inc., which has offices in New York, U.S. This patent and its foreign counterparts have been assigned to the Government of the United States of America.

The prospective exclusive license territory may be worldwide, and the field of use may be limited to:
The development and sale of cannabinoid(s) and cannabidiol(s) based therapeutics as antioxidants and neuroprotectants for use and delivery in humans, for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy, as claimed in the Licensed Patent Rights.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:

The technology describes pharmaceutical compositions of cannabinoids that are useful as tissue protectants, such as neuroprotectants and cardioprotectants. The cannabinoids compounds may be used, for example, in the treatment of acute ischemic neurological insults or chronic neurodegenerative diseases. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as Cannabidiol (CBD), are particularly advantageous since they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses.

The prospective exclusive license is royalty bearing and complies with the terms and conditions of 35 U.S.C. 209 and 37 CFR part 404.7.

Comments and objections submitted to this notice will not be made available for public inspection and, to the extent permitted by law, will not be released under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552.

Dated: November 10, 2011.
Richard U. Rodriguez,
Director, Division of Technology Development and Transfer, Office of Technology Transfer, National Institutes of Health.
[FR Doc. 2011-29726 Filed 11-16-11; 8:45 am] BILLING CODE 4140-01-P"

[Comment from Ya: of course, Nexus readers know that non-THC cannabinoids such as Cannabidiol (CBD) are in fact psychoactive, meaning they have the ability to penetrate the brain blood barrier and thus effect the brain state thus effect the mind state.

To put it simply CBD has the ability to reduce anxiety and reduce psychosis and reduce schizophrenia, however slight that ability may be, for example here is a study that proves CBD positively affects the mind state: http://archpsyc.jamanetw...le.aspx?articleid=482939 by making one more mellow even when shown scary face images.

But hey, since the U.S. Government is claiming "the ONLY psychoactive molecule within cannabis is THC", and that "all other NON-THC cannabinoids such as Caanabidiol (CBD) molecules are NON-psychoactive", then fine, if this lie on their part allows me to legally import into Japan cannabis with the THC thoroughly removed, fine, I'll let their incorrect statement pass, since as mentioned, there are family members here (including myself) who need CBD for health.

So I'm willing to go along with their factually incorrect and totally illogical "Take out the THC and you can suddenly legally possess and receive and sell and give the remaining cannabis molecules and send them all over the world through both public and private mail" statement. That position they are taking is something I can accept, since (although I still want THC to be legal) at least they have de facto legalized all of the other cannabis molecules.

What I'm not willing to agree with, is their illogical immoral stance that "if you isolate pure CBD specifically, you are infringing upon some guy's patent from 1940/1942."

And I also am not willing to agree with their illogical immoral stance that "if you remove the THC from the rest of the cannabis molecules, suddenly the possession of the remaining cannabis molecules, with the intent of using that final product for health benefits, then suddenly you are somehow guilty of infringing upon the U.S. Government's U.S. Patent 6,630,507.

Also, I am not willing to agree with their patently false stance that THC is toxic, or that THC makes one intoxicated. Cannabis has a toxicity LD:50 that is safer than most substances on Earth, so THC should never be called toxic.

Anyway, the main point is, I'm just showing what the U.S. Government is claiming, in their own document here, in which they sold to KannaMed the exclusive rights to be the only company on earth who can legally sell "Cannabis without THC, for health benefits." Please don't blame me, the messenger, for these absurd statements and claims they are making. The whole idea of making a living being like a plant "illegal or legal" is absolutely absurd. The only thing that should be illegal is hurting other humans or their property. Make those two actions illegal, but allow beings to have the right to exist and to associate with whatever other beings they want to associate, meaning all plants too. OK, stepping off the soap box now.]

OK, back to the original point of this thread, hey Endlessness, do you think I should PM you to learn how a total ignorant laymen like myself can do the THC removal technique, or do you think perhaps you can share that Tek with us here publicly for all to benefit from?

I hope that the Tek you share with us will be seen and shared by millions and eventually billions of humans, so that we all can pass each other "Cannabis without THC" legally and freely to help heal our bodies to the highest degree possible. Smile

And yes, of course, after that, we also need to totally legalize the whole entire plant, as well as all plants. Smile

Orion
#8 Posted : 9/14/2015 12:36:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Might this be better in the cannabis subforum ? I really dig this. I've always wondered how CBD alone would be, same goes for isolated THC.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

pitubo
#9 Posted : 9/14/2015 2:22:19 PM

As a private individual, you need not worry about the patent. The patent is only relevant for commercial activities.

There is no practical and easy tek for CBD or THC isolation. The procedure mentioned in the patent is unworkable for laymen. TLC in impractical for sensibly useable amounts. Column chromatography is an option perhaps, but it will still be labor intensive to procure decent amounts of product.

If you really want to see a tek developed then perhaps you should lead the way and start learning about chromatography and do some practical and preliminary testing? Industrial hemp is legal everywhere and you can start with TLC technique to work out what solvents are useful.

All experts start out as a layman.

Ya
#10 Posted : 9/14/2015 2:53:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much gratitude to all who have contributed to this thread so far.

I now realize that Pure CBD Isolation would be nice, but is not currently needed.
I now realize that what is currently needed is for all THC to be completely removed.

The goal now is for all interested readers to learn how (theoretically) it is possible to remove all THC from Cannabis and how then (theoretically) it is possible to MAKE SURE the resulting Cannabis has absolutely zero THC remaining.

The end substance in this (theoretical) mind experiment MUST have all THC completely removed, so that when (theoretically) there will be zero THC.

Just as the mellow DMT extractor says, "I don't need to extract 100% pure DMT, I'm perfectly fine with my final 'DMT' containing a small percentage of red DMT-cousin Jungle molecules like Yuremamine mixed in, that's fine with me, just as long as all of the toxic tannin molecules are removed, I'm satisfied."

Well in a similar way this imaginary Legal Cannabis lover is saying, "Hey, I don't need to extract 100% pure CBD, I'm perfectly fine with my final 'Non-THC Cannabis' containing a small percentage of CBD-cousin Cannibinoid molecules like CBN etc mixed in, that's fine with me, just as long as all of the illegal THC molecules are removed, I'm satisfied."

So please, Endlessness, and anybody else who has mentally done this theoretical experiment in your mind, please explain to me like I am five, along with the rest of my 7 billion family members who also need this vital Tek to be made simple:

#1. How would a dreamer, living in a private space station, theoretically remove all THC from Cannabis?

#2. And then how would that same dreamer then theoretically MAKE SURE the resulting Cannabis has absolutely zero THC remaining?

Q - Why all this "theoretical" talk, when all we are discussing is how to take THC out of Cannabis, Cannabis which we have medical prescriptions for in California, right? Isn't it legal to discuss how to take THC out of legally bought and/or legally self-grown medical cannabis?

A - I think it would be safer to keep this new simple "THC Removal" Tek in theoretical terms (as silly as that may sound) since there is a chance (however small) that actually taking the THC out of Cannabis with the intent of health benefits would somehow make the exclusive patent licensee of that concept choose to initiate (and possibly even win) a $100million lawsuit for "loss of potential revenue" (exactly as happened when some scientists simply report the fact that lab results showed metals, ahem.)

Love and Gratitude for taking the time to share freely what you know, let's pass this simple new theoretical Tek to everyone so that theoretically we can pass Legal Non-THC Cannabis to everyone who wants it. Smile

pitubo
#11 Posted : 9/14/2015 3:10:22 PM

Ya wrote:
#1. How would a theoretical dreamer, living in a private space station, remove all THC from Cannabis?

Not.

The dreamer would have to stop dreaming, get out of the cocoon, come back to earth and get some hands dirty.

Learning about column chromatography would be a start.

Ya wrote:
#2. And then would that same dreamer then MAKE SURE the resulting Cannabis has absolutely zero THC remaining?

Search for "cannabinoid fingerprint test kit". You'll find products such as these.

PS: Please don't start new threads, only to delete the original post and garble the subject line minutes later. It's a nuisance.

Ya
#12 Posted : 9/14/2015 3:59:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Pitibu Smile

You're right, I will be better in that area.

And now, looking back carefully at your first post in this thread, I see that in addition to Endlessness' (hopefully soon to be published in this thread) "THC Removal using Column Chromatography" Tek, that you have shared with us an interesting "THC Removal using a second hand Supercritical CO2 Extraction apparatus from a Decaf Coffee processing plant" Tek

Quote:

Anyway, if you really care about a serious supply of CBD, consider investing in a second hand supercritical CO2 extraction apparatus from a decaf coffee processing plant and then use that to process the leafy greens that remain as the waste from fiber hemp production. What you'll get as a product is not exactly pure CBD, it'll also contain CBN, plant waxes and a bunch of other compounds, but no potentially illegal THC.

I'm seriously interested in both of these lovely Tek ideas so far. Thank you for getting the ball rolling!

Which Tek would be cheaper?

And which Tek would have the advantage of the removed-THC NOT going to waste?

It sounds like perhaps the Column Chromatography Tek would still allow one to enjoy removed-THC separately?

It sounds like perhaps the Supercritical CO2 Extractor Tek would basically burn away the THC? Please correct me, I know nothing about this stuff.

The only thing I have ever learned is Q21Q21's Vinegar+Lime+Ligroin Chocolate-Shake Tek, that literally is all I know how to do.

I love the first step of saying "This is the title of the technique one should investigate" I'm simply hoping that perhaps a step-by-step Tek can be altruistically shared here, by Endlessness or Pitibu or anyone else with experience in this area, a THC-Removal Tek for total beginners which will eventually be added to the Wiki Extraction Page. Smile

steppa
#13 Posted : 9/14/2015 4:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about "fractional distillation"?

Like...making an extract -> distill everything below the boiling point of THC --> distill THC (and discard Crying or very sad ) --> distill everything above the boiling point of THC --> Mixing everything back together again.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

pitubo
#14 Posted : 9/14/2015 6:53:18 PM

steppa wrote:
What about "fractional distillation"?

No good, as the boiling points of THC and CBD are only a few degrees apart. If you must try, bring a fractionating column of at least 10 feet and a lot of patience. Consider this: if isolating CBD was that easy, why would the mentioned patent employ dinitrobenzoylchloride in anhydrous ammonia in a pressure bomb reactor?

Come on people, sometimes things are hard to do. When a procedure calls for relatively advanced techniques, there will not be a "for dummies" version, for the simple reason that the techniques involved require handling by a skilled and knowledgeable operator. For this reason, "EZ Tek(tm)" handouts are not going to happen. Better start educating yourself so you can make an informed assesment and a sensible contribution.

Ya
#15 Posted : 9/16/2015 9:06:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a recap of where we are at now:

Endlessness wrote:
Quote:
Column chromatography could definitely work to separate CBD from THC.

Which seems to mean:

Quote:
Column chromatography could definitely remove THC from the rest of the Cannabis.

The next step, sharing here at the Nexus, the theoretical step-by-step Tek (for those with legal access to Cannabis, which many readers now have) is legally allowed.

Just as, sharing here at the Nexus, the theoretical step-by-step Teks (for those with legal access to Mimosa Hostilis) is legally allowed.

Actually, simply sharing how to create Cannabis that contains zero THC is even relatively MORE legally allowed, since Cannabis that contains zero THC is legally sold online internationally.

Q. Why don't you simply just BUY "Cannabis that contains zero THC" (aka "CBD" aka "CBD Oil" ) online from MedicalMarijuanaInc. and/or their official legal distributors KannaWay, HempMeds, RealScientificHempOil, DixieBotanicals, DixieElixirsany, Cibaderm or Cibdex? No prescription is needed, it's government approved for international ordering, royalties from every sale go to the U.S. government, it's legal and easy! Why not simply choose this option?

A. Just as one should NEVER buy DMT, for many reasons (a major one being TOXIC non-desired molecules included by bad producers, in addition to secondary reasons such as supporting mafia industry, molecules with bad vibes, personally having no connection with the original plant and the intent meditation during the extraction process), so too one should NEVER buy a product labelled "CBD" from any company: one should do the THC-Removal process by yourself at home to be sure no toxic non-desired molecules end up in the final substance, to be sure you are not supporting mafia industry, to be sure the molecules have good vibes, and to be sure you personally have a connection with the original plant and the intent meditation during the extraction process.

Q. Please remind us, if a person has legal access to Cannabis for medical use, WHY would want to take out all the THC?

A. Because CBD has been proven to have health benefits (proven for example in the U.S. Governments's own 2003 patent linked above) but here's the catch: when THC molecules are in the mix, you can only take a tiny minuscule amount of medicine (for example one measly gram of Cannabis, containing merely 0.2 gram of CBD) before the THC makes you too high and you feel compelled to stop taking in the medicine. By removing 100% of the THC first, you can now REALLY begin to have a chance at surviving the disease you have and regaining health, because now you can take in 20 or even 60 grams a day of non-toxic health-benefit-encouraging Cannabis WITHOUT THC. Much, much more health benefits of CBD, without the THC highness.

Q. OK, now we realize and admit that Cannabis WITHOUT THC has the ability to allow a much higher amount of daily CBD supplementation for health, basically like the healthiest essential vitamin molecule on Earth, so why don't YOU invent the "THC REMOVAL" Tek and share it with us here Ya?

A. One reason is that I personally do NOT live in a place where I can have legal access to Cannabis. So there is absolutely no way for me to begin experimenting with placing legal Cannabis into a Column Chromatography device. A second reason is that there is no need to re-invent the wheel: as Endlessness has already admitted, and as Nexus Members with the Chemist marks under their Avatars will honestly admit, laboratory trained folks here already KNOW in their minds the simple step-by-step "THC REMOVAL" Column Chromatography Tek.

Q. How come up until now, no Nexus members have ever added a simple step-by-step "THC REMOVAL" Column Chromatography Tek, to the list of simple step-by-step "DMT/Mescaline/Bufotenine/Harmalas/LSA/Salvia Extraction" Teks found on the wiki here?

A. It seems that up until now, even though many Nexus members enjoy access to legal Cannabis, especially Nexus members in many states in America, no one has ever happened to realize the following combination of 3 facts at the same time:

Fact #1: CBD is now scientifically PROVEN to have health benefits, NON-THC Cannabis (referred to in the U.S. Government's Patent as "CBD and other Cannabinoids" and marketed by their exclusive royalty-paying producer as "CBD Oil" and "CBD" ) is now legal for ordering online, even for folks without a prescription, even INTERNATIONALLY, since according to the U.S. Government the THC is the only illegal psychoactive molecule within Cannabis that the United Nations has scheduled as a controlled substance. So as long as the Cannabis substance has all of the THC removed, it is perfectly legal, around the world, for all humans.

Fact #2: When enjoying Legal Cannabis WITH THC in the mix (thanks to having a legal medical prescription, or thanks to living in a fully legalized state) you can only take into your body a tiny minuscule amount of CBD medicine (for example one measly gram of Cannabis, containing merely 0.2 gram of CBD) before the THC makes your grandmother too high and she feels compelled to stop taking in the medicine. By removing 100% of the THC first, she can now REALLY begin to have a chance at surviving the disease she has and regaining health, because now she can take in 20 or even 60 grams a day of non-toxic health-benefit-encouraging Cannabis WITHOUT THC.

Fact #3: Pure CBD Isolation, as Pitubo pointed out, is difficult if not impossible for the average human to perform, we all understand that now, but on the other hand: a simple step-by-step "THC REMOVAL" Tek is definitely possible, all we need is a Column Chromatography device and a few Nexus members, like Endlessness, kind enough to publicly share with the Nexus readers what the steps are.

So far, we have:

Step #1: Legally buy or legally purchase Cannabis (by living in a state where Cannabis is legal for those with prescriptions, or by living in a state where Cannabis is legal for all adults.)

Step #2: Buy a Column Chromatography device.

Step #3: Please, I beg you, for the good of all, someone please share the next steps.

I will now stop posting again, since I have done a lot of active posting over the past few days with the goal of encouraging a positive new Tek which without a doubt WILL save the life of at least one human, perhaps even a human you personally love, a family member who suddenly is able to take in many grams a day of Cannabis WITHOUT THC and thus will be able to live a healthier longer life. I will now once again return to being a quiet humble passive reader of this beautiful site (as I have silently done for the past 4 years.)

I understand that my rudeness 4 years ago caused many members to hate me, understandably, but please don't let that hatred of this one little human sitting in Japan prevent you from creating a positive new Tek which literally will save the lives of many humans around the world.

Cannabis WITHOUT THC: The Nexus Tek.

Purity of Intent: Love & Gratitude Smile