We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
VaporGenie Liquid Pad Options

NotTwo
#21 Posted : 10/20/2015 2:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ordered mine from the States to be delivered to Europe. Carriage was fairly minimal and they arrived in 4 days. Azarius is VG's main stockist in Europe but they're not selling the VG liquid pads yet.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

starway6
#22 Posted : 10/20/2015 8:54:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swarupa wrote:
starway6 wrote:
Ive been using a sized down volcano pad sized to fit my pipe bowl for months and it has worked well but i often find that i cant compleatly vape the whole dose in one try...

I sometimes find that there is a lot of spice left in steel pad and i get a stronger experiance with left over spice..

I get this too, i figure the mesh is too thick (i use half a volcano liquid pad) and taking too long to heat up uniformly so only a little DMT gets vaped and most just melts into the mesh. It usually works out though as it's a nice little intro toke, then the full thing in one go when i try again.

Interested to see how this new liquid pad turns out Smile

I find that the volcano liquid pad performs diferently.. if the pad is compressed fairly tight..[showing less sunlight if looking through it]]] verses if the pad pulled apart looser alowing more air ventalation and sun light to shine through it..

example...If one takes a stainless liquid pad and ..[compress it too tightly].. it cant be used because .. it wont alow air to pass through it ...on the other hand the pad can be pulled apart too loosly that it wont hold a liquid tincture and may drip down the pipe stem wasting it... if fibers are too loose even crystal spice my just drip down into the pipe stem and get wasted...

So how densly the pad fibersare compressed makes a diference in performance when vaping...

I find the stainless steel volcano pad is somehow erattic when flame heat is aplyed..it was origionally used in the electric heating chamber of the volcano...

UgraKarma
#23 Posted : 10/22/2015 5:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The liquid pad performs phenomenally, although there is minimal air traveling through it, but that's the intended design. Essentially it is shaped so that there is a very minimal tapering to the top of it, so that it doesn't necessarily fit very flush in the pipe itself. This way the hot air continues to travel around it and heat the liquid pad up evenly. The problem with it is not performance, the performance is outstanding. The problem is that I cannot be comfortable loading up my GVG and frolicking around the house imitating the dance sequence from Risky Business. If one is not handling it with kid gloves whilst loaded with loose freebase, the liquid pad is wont to "capsize," spilling freebase down the barrel of the pipe.

However, perhaps my favorite component of the GVG's liquid pad is that it has modified how I've come to smoalk altogether. Essentially, I keep my liquid pad charged with probably around 100mgs at any given time. Each time I sit down to smoalk, I'll eyeball approximately 40mgs out, but because of the consistent charge in the liquid pad, there is never any real concern over having not loaded enough and missed the mark. The only thing that will ever keep me from getting to where I want to go is me (or, in a recent and fortunately rare turn of events, my torch.)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

woody
#24 Posted : 11/8/2015 7:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma wrote:
The problem is that I cannot be comfortable loading up my GVG and frolicking around the house imitating the dance sequence from Risky Business. If one is not handling it with kid gloves whilst loaded with loose freebase, the liquid pad is wont to "capsize," spilling freebase down the barrel of the pipe.

I've just received mine and I fitted it in so that it won't cap size. Well, accidentally really but I was fitting it and it kept capsizing but then it just sort of fitted in nice and snug. I haven't tried it yet but do you think this will have a negative affect on the airflow?

rootsie
#25 Posted : 11/13/2015 11:08:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting this gibran! I received my liquid pads yesterday and...

Thumbs up

Comparison:

Chore boy - until recently, my preferred medium. However, one night I forgot to put the lid on and burned my hit. Since then, I've not been able to get the density right on my replacement copper mesh discs.

Flavor discs - I tried these with high hopes but they never worked as well as my homemade copper disc.

VG liquid pad - ding, ding, ding... We have a winner! First hit with 11mg loaded was possibly the most efficient hit I've ever taken (and I smoalk almost daily). It was similar to previous doses in the 15-18mg range. And a profoundly beautiful and gentle experience at that.
Approach it and there is no beginning; follow it and there is no end.
You can't know it, but you can be it, at ease in your own life.

-lao tze

Enjoy the Mystery!
rootsie

#26 Posted : 11/13/2015 3:08:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

starway6 wrote:

I find that the volcano liquid pad performs diferently.. if the pad is compressed fairly tight..[showing less sunlight if looking through it]]] verses if the pad pulled apart looser alowing more air ventalation and sun light to shine through it..

example...If one takes a stainless liquid pad and ..[compress it too tightly].. it cant be used because .. it wont alow air to pass through it ...on the other hand the pad can be pulled apart too loosly that it wont hold a liquid tincture and may drip down the pipe stem wasting it... if fibers are too loose even crystal spice my just drip down into the pipe stem and get wasted...

So how densly the pad fibersare compressed makes a diference in performance when vaping...

I find the stainless steel volcano pad is somehow erattic when flame heat is aplyed..it was origionally used in the electric heating chamber of the volcano...

Yes. Exactly. When I grinded down my pad down around the outside to fit the GVG I used a stationary bench grinder, while holding the liquid pad in a pair of long needle nose pliers. I first grinded a little bit off around the outside, pulled it apart some, fitted it, tested, pulled it back out of the GVG and just kept repeating this process til the expansion of the pad was enough for optimal airflow although not 'too' stretched apart to where stuff would leak through.

Edit: This was using the volcano liquid pad btw.

woody
#27 Posted : 11/13/2015 8:24:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How are people fitting in their VG liquid pads? As I said in my above post mines in quite snug but there does seem to be a gap between the edge and some of my spice has melted down the sides. Do I need to push it in even further?

UgraKarma
#28 Posted : 11/14/2015 6:32:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It rests loose. I wouldn't expect for it to hold my freebase steady if I placed 50MGs onto its surface and casually went about my day with it in my backpack, but it's not so loose that it would capsize unless I were being careless.

So long as I'm preparing the pad to be used then and there, it strikes me as no more precarious than walking around the house with a glass of red wine.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

d*l*b
#29 Posted : 11/25/2015 2:23:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The liquid pad and pre-melting works incredibly well for me. I have knocked a third off my normal dose.

My dose has changed so much!

50–60mg - Old-school sandwich and direct flame
28–30mg - GVG and stainless steel scrubber mesh, no pre-melt
20mg - GVG and liquid pad, pre-melted

All hail the GVG!!
D × V × F > R

brilliantlydim
#30 Posted : 12/1/2015 7:18:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Had a chance to try out the VG liquid pad the other day. Previously I was using one of the ceramic discs in my GVG.

I managed to botch the take off considerably because of my failure to anticipate the amount of time the VG more dense steel pad would take to get to temp compared to the ceramic one I was using. I was always able to get away with a lighter to use my GVG along with the much less dense ceramic disc.

I think this VG steel liquid pad will work a lot better, but I first I need to find an 90 degree torch lighter. A regular lighter just doesn't push enough heat to get it hot enough fast enough, especially since the airflow with this steel liquid pad is a lot more restricted.

Hoping to have the proper tools by the weekend to try it out.

And yes I know, I have already been told that a torch lighter is the way to go, haha. I guess now I have no choice.

d*l*b
#31 Posted : 12/1/2015 7:24:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is nice to have a pre-loaded pad sitting there. I was just thinking of buying a few more, they are out of stock now though.
D × V × F > R

brilliantlydim
#32 Posted : 12/5/2015 7:06:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
It is nice to have a pre-loaded pad sitting there. I was just thinking of buying a few more, they are out of stock now though.

Definitely, for the priceI ordered 4. Often my partner and I trip one after the other, so its nice to have one ready to go.

#33 Posted : 12/5/2015 8:00:43 PM

Psilosopher

I am looking to pick a few of these up as well. I got my gvg a little while ago but have no pad or anything yet. This seems to be a great option, will definitely have to keep an eye on their website to see when they are back in stock..
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

UgraKarma
#34 Posted : 12/12/2015 5:15:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ehud wrote:
I think this VG steel liquid pad will work a lot better, but I first I need to find an 90 degree torch lighter. A regular lighter just doesn't push enough heat to get it hot enough fast enough, especially since the airflow with this steel liquid pad is a lot more restricted.

Hoping to have the proper tools by the weekend to try it out.

And yes I know, I have already been told that a torch lighter is the way to go, haha. I guess now I have no choice.

Although a torch makes things simpler, you should be able to blast of with your Liquid Pad charged with DMT via a Bic lighter without any issue. The GVG handles temperature via how hard you inhale. If you're pulling harder, it will heat up much more rapidly - try hitting it with a little more urgency and I'm confident you'll find that the Bic lighter works just fine. Learning how to do this is definitely the ticket to getting the most out of your GVG, so until you have a strong feel for it I'd go as far as to recommend you use the same lighter each time in the interest of reducing variables.

It's nice to have a little Scorch Torch or one of those type of torches - but it is definitely not mandatory (and many people prefer it to the torch, arguing torches get too hot.)

d*l*b
#35 Posted : 12/13/2015 3:49:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glass Vaporgenie User Guide wrote:
If you don’t feel like you are inhaling anything, then the temperature is too low. Temperature can be increased by: 1) inhaling more slowly or 2) applying a bigger flame. Inhaling SLOWER creates HOTTER temperatures.

http://vaporgenie.com/user-guide
D × V × F > R

boogerz
#36 Posted : 12/15/2015 10:58:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ॐ wrote:
I am looking to pick a few of these up as well. I got my gvg a little while ago but have no pad or anything yet. This seems to be a great option, will definitely have to keep an eye on their website to see when they are back in stock..

Looks like they're in stock

strtman
#37 Posted : 2/13/2016 10:16:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Using the liquid pad in my GVG, two last efforts smoking DMT resulted in ‘dark’ grey smoke. It did not taste well and after my second inhalation I had to take some deep breaths with fresh air.

Because my DMT is of the same batch I was wondering if the grey smoke was the result of the liquid pad. Does the liquid pad have a limited life span? Is it possible that particles of the liquid pad were enclosed in the smoke?

What are your experiences?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Jees
#38 Posted : 2/13/2016 2:05:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman, you might put it on a stone (outside?) and hit it with a big torch flame till glowing level and burn off all residual stuff, let cool down and wash with water?

Is what I would do, but still waiting for my pads to arrive.

strtman
#39 Posted : 2/14/2016 2:19:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the advice. I think the washing should be done with alcohol, but that is a detail.

Fortunately I have some spare liquid pads to use. I will save the one in use now to do the cleaning as soon as the opportunity arises.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

cosmickees
#40 Posted : 3/14/2016 12:05:20 PM
No turn un-stoned

Interesting to read the different experiences you have had. Unfortunately i also live in europe so i'll ask azarius if they have them or can order them somehow. If more people do this i'm sure they are more inclined to start stocking these.
Always follow the light

PREV123NEXT