We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
VaporGenie Liquid Pad Options

gibran2
#1 Posted : 9/11/2015 1:39:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

VaporGenie has introduced a liquid pad for their various vaporizers. It looks similar to the Volcano liquid pad, but sized to fit a VG.

I’ve already ordered a few and will give them a try. They look nice! Smile

(There is another thread mentioning this, but I can’t find it now.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

smokerx
#2 Posted : 9/11/2015 7:18:18 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

gibran2 wrote:
VaporGenie has introduced a liquid pad for their various vaporizers. It looks similar to the Volcano liquid pad, but sized to fit a VG.

I’ve already ordered a few and will give them a try. They look nice! Smile

(There is another thread mentioning this, but I can’t find it now.)

Nice one but isn't this simply the same as compressed copper mesh. What difference would it make I wonder. Lets see after you tested it.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Jees
#3 Posted : 9/11/2015 8:26:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like round wire, no flat ribbon.
Fairly thick pad too, like it would have some temperature inertia to warm up.
I'll wait for feedback before ordering.
I'd hoped they came with a ceramic super idealized item.
Jees attached the following image(s):
pad.JPG (58kb) downloaded 1,186 time(s).

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 9/11/2015 9:00:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look forward to your review of this product gibranThumbs up
please keep us updated!

lewinii
#5 Posted : 9/11/2015 2:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

right on gibran. thanks for sharing
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

β†’ Donate to the Nexus! ←

gibran2
#6 Posted : 9/12/2015 12:37:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokerx wrote:
Nice one but isn't this simply the same as compressed copper mesh. What difference would it make I wonder. Lets see after you tested it.

It’s stainless steel wire, so it can be heated more aggressively (for cleaning and such) without oxidizing the way copper does.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

β—‹
#7 Posted : 9/12/2015 1:04:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I've used the liquid pad that came with my analog volcano with the GVG for several years now. Pretty awesome to see that VG now carries a fitted liquid pad. Smile

ΰ₯
#8 Posted : 9/12/2015 7:49:23 PM

Psilosopher

I have received my brand new GVG a good week ago, but have yet to procure a good pad for it.
I wonder how this liquid pad measures up against one of those ceramic disks in terms of effectiveness and ease of use?

Keep us posted if you get to try it out! Thumbs up
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

starway6
#9 Posted : 9/12/2015 8:20:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Using a spice tincture.. Ive been using a sized down volcano pad sized to fit my pipe bowl for months and it has worked well but i often find that i cant compleatly vape the whole dose in one try...

After the grain alcohol evaporates leaving a sticky film of spice clinging to the stainless steel fibers you can hold the pad up in the sunlight and see through it..

I sometimes find that there is a lot of spice left in steel pad and i get a stronger experiance with left over spice..

But.. I am not using a glass VG instead a small water pipe with glass bowl brass tube going into water pipe ..not shure it it makes much diference though...

starway6
#10 Posted : 9/12/2015 8:27:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I forgot to say that the volcano wet pad works better if new or very clean alowing for a more compleate vaporization of product...

Swarupa
#11 Posted : 9/12/2015 8:55:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
Ive been using a sized down volcano pad sized to fit my pipe bowl for months and it has worked well but i often find that i cant compleatly vape the whole dose in one try...

I sometimes find that there is a lot of spice left in steel pad and i get a stronger experiance with left over spice..

I get this too, i figure the mesh is too thick (i use half a volcano liquid pad) and taking too long to heat up uniformly so only a little DMT gets vaped and most just melts into the mesh. It usually works out though as it's a nice little intro toke, then the full thing in one go when i try again.

Interested to see how this new liquid pad turns out Smile

gibran2
#12 Posted : 9/20/2015 3:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I received the GVG liquid pads and have had a chance to test one.

The first thing I noticed was the size, which is quite large compared to the ceramic discs I normally use. For comparison, I weighed a variety of pads:

Copper mesh disc: 0.380 g
Ceramic disc: 0.272 g
GVG liquid pad: 1.625 g

As you can see, the GVG pad is quite a bit larger and heavier than the others. It fits nicely in the GVG with very little space around the edges.

Time to test

I weighed 20 mg of DMT, gently and briefly heated the pad, then added the DMT allowing it to melt. I again weighed the pad, and with the added DMT it now weighed 1.644 g.

Keeping the ceramic diffuser glowing orange, I inhaled the 20 mg in a single long and deep inhalation. Water vapor condensation formed on the inside of the GVG, so it was hard to tell when no more DMT vapor was being produced. I probably inhaled for longer than I needed to. I surprised myself by inhaling so deeply and for so long – the vapor was very smooth.

No doubt owing to the deep inhalation, the following experience was quite intense. (It’s surprising how far one can go on 19 mg of DMT when technique has been perfected.)

About an hour later, I weighed the pad again, and it weighed 1.625 g, suggesting that the full amount of DMT was successfully vaporized.

I’m not sure yet if this is my preferred pad, but if it allows a full dose to be vaporized in a single normal inhalation, it may be.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1727_edit.JPG (27kb) downloaded 1,085 time(s).

Jees
#13 Posted : 9/20/2015 5:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you G2.

A predicted positive advantage of the bigger thermal inertia:
it will flatten the temperature curve, making it even more foul proof if the ceramic diffuser was hit a notch too aggressive with the torch.
With the copper mesh: in cases where I did hit too much torch than necessary, it is still not harsh but the overheat does show itself in a way, affecting the experience oddly. That might be alleviated by the bigger thermal inertia.

Or perhaps in the case of a bigger dose: needing to hit the diffuser some more aggressive than usual, we'll see.

TY Thumbs up

BTW that picture, the mesh in the middle looks like a tiny robot-bird nest Very happy

NotTwo
#14 Posted : 9/20/2015 6:43:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Gibran.

Just ordered some based on this Very happy

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

starway6
#15 Posted : 9/20/2015 9:27:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find after many months of using the volcano wet pad in a flame fired pipe.. that the wet pad does require cleaning in alcohol from time to time to alow for better ventalation when vaping...

The cleaner the stainless steel pad .. the more complete and faster vaporization of the spice often alowing a monster sized hit if done right...

But ..using a flame..the steel fibers absorb a lot of heat fast.. and often glow red increasing chances of burning spice or alowing it to drip down into the pipe stem un vaped...

With perfect vaping method .. stainless steel fibers works well.. and can be cleaned over and over in alcohol...but i use some water to trap unwanted particles especialy any peices of stainless steel fiber particles...

Spaced Out 2
#16 Posted : 9/21/2015 2:15:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks gibranThumbs up
I will be ordering one of these very soon!

Jees
#17 Posted : 9/21/2015 5:48:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
...But ..using a flame..the steel fibers absorb a lot of heat fast.. and often glow red increasing chances of burning spice or alowing it to drip down into the pipe stem un vaped...
The GVG's ceramic diffusor above the pad would prevent that from happening.

woody
#18 Posted : 10/20/2015 12:12:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The vaporgenie pads aren't available to buy in the UK yet, well, that I am aware of.

Has anyone used a Crafty Liquid Pad with their GVG? I can't seem to find out what size they are online but I think they're designed for a smaller vaporizer than the volcano. Be interesting to know if they're a better fit. I can't seem to cut my volcano liquid pads up without them unravelling a bit.

endlessness
#19 Posted : 10/20/2015 1:13:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woody wrote:
The vaporgenie pads aren't available to buy in the UK yet, well, that I am aware of.

Did you try ebay?

woody
#20 Posted : 10/20/2015 2:05:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah no luck on ebay. I will be ordering them direct from the vapor genie website but I was interested in these crafty pads as they are for a portable vaporiser.

123NEXT