We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FASW Jungle spice confusion Options

MachineElf88
#1 Posted : 9/10/2015 5:30:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys, I'm having my first go at making some jungle spice using d limonene. I've done my 300g MHRB extraction in the normal way with naptha and now it's exhausted I've added 200ml d limo, mixed, pulled, mixed with 50ml FASW x3 and now I have a thick tan liquid that smells like oranges. There's some d limo left in there for sure.

I'm about to evaporate on a hot plate but my questions are -

1.Is temperature that important? I've been reading not to make it too hot but I don't understand why. The alkaloids should be stable at high temperatures.

2. After I have evaporated will I need to do a cleanup if I want jungle spice and not pure DMT? Are the plant oils part of the jungle spice or are they just going to make it harsh. Also will some d limo still be in there that I need to get out.

3. I have at my disposal - Sodium carbonate and wet IPA. I've had a look at https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._Freebase_Conversion_TEK and some other pages but I can't see which is the best method to convert to freebase when I want Jungle spice. I don't want to convert it in such a way that all I get is DMT with the other alkaloids left behind.

4. Once I have my freebase what's the best way to make changa with it? just melt it on to herbs or dissolve in IPA?

If anyone could take the time to clarify a few things or point me to a thread or 2 I I would be most grateful.

Thanks.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

GreenDMT
#2 Posted : 3/28/2017 1:47:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i didn't worked with FASA because where I am I couldn't find fumaric acid, but changa is better to dissolve in IPA

endlessness
#3 Posted : 3/28/2017 10:07:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1 - you can evaporate in boiling temperature until the last bit.. once the water is almost over, then reduce temperature to under 100c

2- FASW will usually have some excess fumaric acid and plant oils so it will be less pure. All the impurities (given you used clean chemicals) are edible, but it will just make your dosing a little off.. So if for example you want to take 50mg of DMT orally, you might actually be taking half of that, or less. But no problem, just do a prudent test dose first and you can always increase in subsequent trips (or even same day in a redose). You can also consider doing this clean up: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...on_of_Final_Purification (or maybe with half your product only, so you can compare)

3- In your case I'd do 3 because with FASW it's too impure so method 1 doesn't work well.. I never tried method 2 but ive read some conflicting reports regarding it's reliability. What do you mean by 'wet IPA' though, what % ? You can also do this method: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...tion#Freebase_Conversion .

If it has a lot of water, it will dissolve some sodium carbonate/sodium fumarate. Again, this is not going to be toxic but might make your dosing off.. Depending on what you think when you get to that point, you can do this to clean it up further using the same principle as the amor fati approach linked above, spreading your product in glass and using water to pick up excess sodium carbonate/fumarate and leaving your dmt freebase behind

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 3/28/2017 12:38:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I apologize if this seems like a stupid question, but:

What is jungle spice?

...I mean, I know it is, as the nexus wiki says: "the alkaloid fraction obtained from the aqueous basic phase of an extraction by pulling with xylene or toluene after DMT ceases to be pulled by an aliphatic hydrocarbon solvent"...but chemically do we know what "jungle spice" actually is?

I know that Yuremamine was speculated to be "jungle spice", but as I remember I think it had been discounted...

In THIS thread I believe the conclusion was that jungle spice was "mostly DMT", however, thus thread was from 2010, and if more research has been preformed, it should be considered,

burnt wrote:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10553
The analytical approaches used have been: HPLC with UV (PDA) detection and GC-MS.

When one analyzes mimosa extracted cold with methanol by HPLC 3 compounds are apparent with very similar UV spectra. When compounds have the same (or very similar) UV spectra it means they have a similar chromaphore which means there is some aspect to their structure that is very similar. Anyway one of these compounds is DMT, the other is yuremamine, and one other compound is present that SWIM thinks is a beta-carboline or NMT (See MS discussion). The ratio is something like this dmt (66%), yuremamine (28%) and other alkaloid (6%).

When one analyzes jungle spice made by STB or A/B methods two main compounds are visible. DMT and the other alkaloid. There are some very very minor peaks but basically thats the majority of whats observed. Ratio is about 95% DMT and 5% other alkaloid.

When one analyzes jungle spice by GC-MS DMT is the major compound. Two other compounds can be observed NMT and 2-methy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-beta-carboline. However since some compounds are not analyzable by GC because they are not volatile SWIM decided to derivitize the extract with a trimethylsilyating (TMS) reagent and analyze it again. By using N-Methyl-N-trifluoroacetamide (MSTFA) with 1% trimethylchlorosilane (TMCS) this reagents reacts to interchange protons on functional groups like OH (also works on amines etc many functional groups) with a trimethylsilicon (TMS) group. Derivitizing with these reagents has a number of advantages for analysis on GC. It improves thermal stability of compounds, it improves their volatility (by reducing intramolecular forces such as hydrogen bonding on functional groups), it also can improve chromatographic separation, and finally it aids in structure elucidation.

Anway if one analyzes jungle spice after MSTFA + 1% TMCS derivitization the following can be observed. DMT and its TMS derivatives, that beta-carbolines TMS derivative, a few organic acids at least one fatty acid and at least one phenolic compound. A number of small amines and indole like structures are also present but these are most likely artifacts of the reaction (thats normal).

Finally the conclusion from all these experiments is that jungle spice is mostly DMT! SWIM has said this before but after following up these experiments with newer experiments and other approaches SWIM firmly believes the psychoactivity of this extract is mostly from DMT. The increase in potency could be explained many ways but all would be speculative. Maybe there is potentiation (although I doubt it because of low concentrations of other alkaloids) or maybe DMT vaporizes better for some reason when its in jungle spice.

The difference in color and consistency of these extracts probably has much to do with varying ratios of the alkaloids and other compounds like fatty acids and organic acids that were observed. The so called differences in effects compared with DMT are probabaly largely subjective or dose related but again thats speculative.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10553

I'm sorry if this was not the appropriate location for this question, I'm still just not entirely clear on the "jungle spice" issue and did not feel starting a new thread was appropriate.

-eg