We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Custom blown DMT Pipe Ideas? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 9/9/2015 9:25:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Since being turned onto the gvg, I'm pretty sold on the whole concept. However I'm a little let down aesthetically by the piece. Having access to a number of local talent as far as glass blowing is concerned, i thought I'd start this thread to solicit ideas from y'all for a custom blown piece.

I'd utilize the concept behind the gvg, with a removable piece for the bowl, and using health stones for screen and heat shield thing. Other than that, I'm open.

So yeah, anything, ideas for color and decoration, added functionality, ease of use and cleaning, geometry that will affect the inter phasal composition of the vapor to better facilitate astral travel, protective qabalistic seals and sigils to invoke beneficial entities, I'm down. Whatever's cool with me. Preferably it needs to be practically applicable within a three dimensionally manifesting universal reality, but hey, be creative.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Paulo
#2 Posted : 9/9/2015 10:59:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Null,

I've always been a huge fan of the "Helix" pipes and attachments, I don't think I've ever coughed once from smoking "Tobacco" products in them, I think something like this would be great in a vaporizer because you could cool the smoke and then finish the hit with the "SteamRoller" carb.

Hears a link Helix Website

Best of luck mate Smile
-Paulo

SynKyd
#3 Posted : 9/10/2015 2:28:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this question! A piece of glass with lots of colors, contrasts, swirls that will come to life when you get that first hit..........I love that experience. My first dedicated dmt bowl for changa was rainbow friz with a tight twist through the middle.......wish I had not broke it. If you can make your own GVG and have the glass skills to mix and match colors and styles, I'd say go nuts and make them and test them repeatedly until you find the one that's perfect.

At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

null24
#4 Posted : 9/10/2015 3:07:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SinysterKyd wrote:
I love this question! A piece of glass with lots of colors, contrasts, swirls that will come to life when you get that first hit..........I love that experience. My first dedicated dmt bowl for changa was rainbow friz with a tight twist through the middle.......wish I had not broke it. If you can make your own GVG and have the glass skills to mix and match colors and styles, I'd say go nuts and make them and test them repeatedly until you find the one that's perfect.

I don't have the glass skills- although taking a class would be an idea- there's just a thriving blown glass/cannabis well... industry here to tap into.

But yeah, you get it.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

anrchy
#5 Posted : 9/10/2015 3:22:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say something more like the common glass weed pipe, make it super thick and place some round glass chunks around the edge to make it simple to set down without it tipping over. The removable top would stick up higher so the chamber would be more of a chamber.

I would also recommend having at least a clear "viewing window" so you could still see the vapor, which to me is at least slightly important.

Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

HumbleTraveler
#6 Posted : 9/15/2015 5:44:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One thing I wish the GVG had was greater volume so that one pull would really be enough to sufficiently cool everything and hold it for an effortless one or two hit.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

NotTwo
#7 Posted : 9/15/2015 1:25:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, not being particularly creative here - more practical.

I have a wooden VG which is great as far as the vaping bit is concerned. My only criticism is that the stem on the pipe is quite short so you're getting the vaped spice too hot.

I add about 9" of clear PVC hose at the mouth piece end. This is plenty to cool the vapor and you can see the smoke coming through too. I never get that 'burnt plastic' taste that people mention.

It would be great to have a long (even adjustable) section of widish clear stem that bent slightly upwards so it's easy to view.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Leithen
#8 Posted : 9/30/2015 1:53:32 AM

Be Here Now

I personally am an avid collector of functional glass art. My mind immediately goes to a super heady DMT pipe, maybe like these (these are made for "tobacco"Pleased.

If you could get a solid concept down for function I would be very interested in getting custom work. As for function I have a few ideas of my own. I think a decent size 4-hole diffuser would work best. It gives a good amount of percolation but won't clog easily and will not build residue as fast as say a honeycomb. But honestly, a dry pipe would not be a big drawback for me. In fact that might be better.Very happy I think a banger hanger with the healthstone built in would look awesome and function great.

As for colors and art that will be a personal matter. I think sacred geometry would make a lot of sense. My friend has the seed of life sandblasted on the front of his rig. I have also seen cool sacred pendants and marbles which could be implemented onto a pipe. Honestly there are so many techniques and options this part is pretty open ended. Are any talented artists on board with this?

Thanks for the idea, something I have often thought about. Can't wait to see if it unfolds. Thumbs up
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

null24
#9 Posted : 9/30/2015 3:09:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
I would also recommend having at least a clear "viewing window" so you could still see the vapor, which to me is at least slightly important.

NotTwo wrote:
It would be great to have a long (even adjustable) section of widish clear stem that bent slightly upwards so it's easy to view.

HumbleTraveller wrote:
One thing I wish the GVG had was greater volume so that one pull would really be enough to sufficiently cool everything and hold it for an effortless one or two hit.

All awesome ideas! ThanksThumbs up

Leithen wrote:
I have also seen cool sacred pendants and marbles which could be implemented onto a pipe.

Oh man, yes! I've seen some that have tiny little hyperspace worlds fractally tessalating around inside, to have a couple/few inset...oh yeah!

Leithen wrote:
Honestly there are so many techniques and options this part is pretty open ended. Are any talented artists on board with this?

I have one guy on board for this, he's pretty good at making complex pieces, but it would be awesome to see other members ideas here! Thanks ya'll!Thumbs up
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Leithen
#10 Posted : 10/2/2015 7:13:19 PM

Be Here Now

Just thought I would share a picture of a cool piece. Maybe could be implemented? I think its a very difficult technique.

I have so many ideas so have reached out to a few glass blowers I know. We will see what gets turned out. Big grin
Leithen attached the following image(s):
V__E314.png (296kb) downloaded 148 time(s).
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story