We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Dream Walk (Original Tunes Written and Performed By The Grateful One) Options

Spirit_Seeker
#21 Posted : 1/12/2016 5:24:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, you've really got something here! I posting just to save this so I can listen more later. You did all that in FL? Amazing.

I am no one in particular

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#22 Posted : 1/14/2016 9:34:40 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Spirit_Seeker wrote:
Wow, you've really got something here! I posting just to save this so I can listen more later. You did all that in FL? Amazing.

Yep, all in FL Studios. I just take recordings of the "real" instruments I have at home and blend them with instruments within FL to create an interesting sound. Thank You!

ducdevil wrote:
Really lovely stuff.
There's something innocent, yet subtly "psychedelic carnival" about it.
Even better on successive listens...
Definitely adding to my playlist
Thanks for sharing Thumbs up Smile

Thanks, I found myself listening to your tracks too. I can dig it! Well done! I love ambiance, it is very soothing!

Smile Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Jin
#23 Posted : 1/15/2016 9:33:55 AM

yes

good work The Grateful One

Thumbs up
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Poekus
#24 Posted : 1/15/2016 11:35:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A really positive feel good vibe is present in most of your songs also you can hear effort has been put into the composition to keep it interesting. Keep enjoying the good work!

TGO
#25 Posted : 1/15/2016 3:23:53 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Poekus wrote:
A really positive feel good vibe is present in most of your songs also you can hear effort has been put into the composition to keep it interesting. Keep enjoying the good work!

Thank you! Composition is something I've been working on for years and I have had no professional training whatsoever in any of it (music theory, composition, playing instruments, recording, mixing and mastering) unless you count being in a terrible high school band as "training" ... Laughing

My school, all those years ago, almost cut the music program due to how unimpressive it was. I'm glad they didn't but still...it was a small town, my graduating class was about 36 people. Started with 68 freshman year and lost people along the way...

Anyway, I found that studying a bit of music theory on my own and implementing it into my songs has really improved the overall quality. The tunes make more sense. I found myself listening to some of my old music from when I first started making music as a young teenager and had a good laugh. Hit and miss melodies, no song structure, not to mention I barely knew how to play the guitar then. But you have to start somewhere right? ... ... ... Very happy

Jin wrote:

good work The Grateful One

Thumbs up

Thank you, all the support is very welcome and appreciated!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

acacian
#26 Posted : 11/30/2016 3:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great track..its a really nice chord progression and I like how the mood keeps swaying between uncertainty, melancholy and more uplifting vibes.. lovely guitar work. Won't be my last listen I cay say that for sure! Thanks for posting Smile

Infectedstyle
#27 Posted : 11/30/2016 9:57:21 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Im just stuck in a repitious cycling of software to ease my mind and then stumble across this and it just the piece of novelty to pull me out. Thanks bro

PREV12