We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Venus Project - Redesigning the future Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 9/6/2015 9:43:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One person's vision of the future, and an interesting and positive one it is too, worth a watch. His city designs sound a fair bit like descriptions of astral cities some people report visiting during OBE's...futuristic, but very rooted to nature and the Earth. His mention of machine produced buildings is interesting as 3D printed buildings have been produced recently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23799590

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 9/6/2015 11:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jacque and his partner are two of a kind. It's entirely possible to plan and implement.

The vision is bright and prosperous within what TVP presents to our evolving universality. The way I see it, TVP would not have brought us to where we are now with fossil fuels, pyramid schemes, slavery, militarization, etc. I see our planet living completely harmonious and thriving in peace with their ideas and overall structure. One question is how to get from here to there quickly, efficiently and smoothly. The truth is, it won't be any of that. It'll take hard work and disciplined folks to create that world. To introduce an entire new outlook and way of life is far out of perspective for most of the people on our planet. Especially those in 'control.' Also, technology is a double edged sword. It'll either heighten our potential or destroy us completely, if it hasn't already. TVP imagines a planet co-existing in abundance with Earth's balanced resources. As do I. As do most people.

This is how conditioning operates. To decline any other way out of the current system. However, little by little, with time and gaining awareness surrounding our current global issues, I feel we will get 'there.' Maybe it won't be TVP officially, but it's inspiring for everyone to start with. TVP is one way. Is it the only way? Of course not. What really matters is what we all do in our own lives to improve our interconnected situation. Time will only get faster and faster. Whichever way we direct ourselves must also support us and that which that surrounds us. TVP is just that. Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Muskogee Herbman
#3 Posted : 9/6/2015 11:57:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can visit his place in Venus, FL. If you want to you should go soon, hes getting old. A friend of mine went. I'm still trying to plan a trip down myself.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 9/7/2015 12:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
You can visit his place in Venus, FL. If you want to you should go soon, hes getting old. A friend of mine went. I'm still trying to plan a trip down myself.

I have read and seen photos of people doing just that. Smile Correct me if I'm wrong but he is in his late 90's now, no? I do want to visit but only time will tell. As much as I understand the general idea of the TVP, there's much to learn from the direct experience of the man and project itself.

Might I ask when you're planning to visit?
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

slewb
#5 Posted : 9/7/2015 5:19:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think we need to convert the whole world into a weird sci-fi prefab suburban cul-de-sac in order to solve the problems we're facing. I've been reading about the Venus project for years and I just don't understand the implementation. It's a fun and cozy fantasy to look at but doesn't offer any plan for getting there.

I hope that's not too negative. I think Cognitive Heart said it right. We will improve our world little by little. We already have more momentum than ever before. The way we are going to get where we want to be is not by looking at somebody's idea of a perfect society and trying to make that into our project or goal or whatever.

RAM
#6 Posted : 9/7/2015 7:10:10 AM

Hail the keys!

This is so cool, thanks for sharing! After doing LSD in particular, I have been fascinated by infrastructure and how society chooses to function. I love analyzing cities that I go to so I can see what is efficient and helpful and what is not.

While this may be a little idealistic (I wish we could just start cutting giant metal blocks with laser beams and using geothermal energy from the oceans) and not so feasible right now, I think it is definitely important to think about improving our world's infrastructure and integrating technological advancements into that improvement so we can really streamline everything and have a better world.

It's funny how physical changes in cities affect social aspects, like for example when highways were used to segregate parts of certain cities (see here). I like how this guy proposes having circular cities instead of grids; this could encourage more social cohesion rather than people separating off into their own little squares.

Some might be quick to dismiss design, but there are really some profound impacts of good architecture, art, and civil planning that I think are just awesome! Also I like to say that psychedelics can help inspire cooler and more intuitive cities, and I sure do get some pretty useful ideas for effective social functioning while under the influence. Too bad a lot of the things aren't realistic right now, but it starts with a plan.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

#7 Posted : 9/7/2015 7:38:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this comes from just taking a glance at the picture, so correct me if i am wrong:

this has nothing to do with sustainable living, it is a totally artifical world. i can not imagine that those green zones on the roof are even close to a self-sustaining eco-system. where do the bulidng materials come from? sustainable production? looks more like a golden cage to me. or the prequel to waterworld.

edited (something constructive Pleased

check out earthships, that guy is also premium example how lsd can add some spicy ideas to your life.

Muskogee Herbman
#8 Posted : 9/7/2015 5:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no set date. I enjoy his concepts but the designs are awful and as mentioned not really that sustainable. I've looked at a good deal of his work, and not really liked the look of any of it haha, but i'm still interested to see his place. He is an interesting person none the less, whether or not you like the idea, he has something to offer your perception. Theres a documentary thats worth watching. I remember I really disagreed with some of what he was saying, but then again I think it had to do with my area of study and him saying its not necessary lol... Anyway worth watching.

RAM its funny you bring that up, i've spent a great deal of my masters studying how the interstate specifically did this, but not so much on rail doing that! Thanks or that link.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Spaced Out 2
#9 Posted : 9/7/2015 8:38:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jacque has been around a long time and has a good imagination. Some of his concepts could work but are for the most part unrealistic due to the current state of affairs in the world. We would rather fund wars then change our ways of living imo. Of course I'm talking as a whole in general.

There are individuals trying new ways of living in more sustainable manors but as 332211 mentioned about earthships, where they look cool and very interesting to live in, they still cost about as much as a regular house and according to the research I've done on them they are not as eco friendly as proclaimed and expensive to work on and in some cases where the tires start breaking down in the wall produce toxic gases/chemicals that leach from the walls. That's not something I would want to live in. Plus a lot of places just won't allow them.

Again as with Jacques concepts these things are an interesting start but have a long way to go in development terms. I am all for it though if and when it becomes a reality. I'm always looking for a better more simpler way to live leaving less of an impact on the planet. This is something that requires everyone's participation unfortunately.

Edit: would still love to meet him though, I enjoy his enthusiasm for his ideas.

Infectedstyle
#10 Posted : 9/8/2015 5:55:03 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Bancopuma wrote:
One person's vision of the future, and an interesting and positive one it is too, worth a watch. His city designs sound a fair bit like descriptions of astral cities some people report visiting during OBE's...futuristic, but very rooted to nature and the Earth. His mention of machine produced buildings is interesting as 3D printed buildings have been produced recently.

Yes. I read about one such dream. Apparently the civilians in this city said they had free energy. WoW!

--

As for the capacity of this project.. The mastermind behind it is a very talented and skillfull person. I take with a grain of salt anyone who claims that this is not feasible . I feel like sometimes these things are said to sound intelligent or cool. But I doubt that there is a large populace that is on par with this person's creative skills! I want to say all this without discounting that this is largely a solo project and a big one at that. Logically, this comes with major flaws and misses.

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Jacque has been around a long time and has a good imagination. Some of his concepts could work but are for the most part unrealistic due to the current state of affairs in the world. We would rather fund wars then change our ways of living imo. Of course I'm talking as a whole in general.

Exactly. This is the ReAl WoRk!

edit: Sorry If I offend anyone. Or anything. I love you Laughing