We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mental-Imagery (Imagination) Options

Naut
#1 Posted : 9/5/2015 4:38:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've recently become intrigued of mental-imagery and "day-dreaming." If not examined in-depthly the imagination and all that comes along with it seems ordinary and is natural to the human experience. Lately though I've nit-picked into what is happening, and that is that we are literally capable of producing not just images but scapes that can be traversed upon! To speculate: this is due to the collection of past moments stored into memory and now re-opened into a distorted and multi-faceted mentally internal picturesque.

Anyways, I have been using the method of loci (memory palaces) which is a combination of mental-imagery and the intended memorization to create these scapes. I definitely recommend that method to anyone having trouble with memorization of anything ranging from names to the anatomy of organisms. I also have been manifesting for exploration purposes by imagining interactive beings, a planet, ecosystems, structures, etc. What I find confounding is that I can go back to these imagined domains and add on space. To reassure, these internal domains are crude and can be glitchy.. such as a lucid dream in which for example you can observe two trucks parked alongside a dirt path, look away, and then look back to see them replaced with a flying saucer. To say the least, the concrescence of mind, matter, and imagination is gorgeously mysterious.

Aside from my subjective experience, has anyone else explored this mode of the mind? Have you found creating mental spaces in the context of waking life to influence your dreams? Any architectural mental-imaginists care to share?
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

thymamai
#2 Posted : 9/5/2015 8:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. So many fascinating new members popping up lately. I've been so self absorbed, not keeping track of my net hangouts.

my brain has lapsed into a form of senility, and I've been functioning at less and far less than optimum for so long. My dream life is wild, intensely incomprehensible though sometimes I remember something from the night that will seem strangely familiar and cannot quite tell whether it is imagery from a passed life-event or something manifested in a dream hours before.

Language itself provokes insinuates other spheres abounding. Globes of light erupting from the maw of strange new dynamos, color feedback, passages of time and infinite densities.. And gorgeous additions of genetic code.