We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
coca leaf thread Options

doodlekid
#1 Posted : 9/4/2015 6:36:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my favorite uppers.

I take it as powder. Leaves are better, but hard to obtain.

It's good for an evening like this: rainy, gloomy and to go out. It keeps the cold wet outside. Was a little sick earlier today from some bad food and my stomach is still queasy. Coca helps to alleviate this as well.

Have it at hand when doing psychedelics. It helps when it goes bad and also can be a very zen experience when taken the right moment.

At one point I thought myself addicted to the leaf. When I quit cold turkey I just missed the buzz but nothing more. Since then I take it on and off and never feel any dependancy whatsoever. Only taking too much is bad for the gums cause the powder is scouring.

Drinking tea is possible as well, but the effect is much more pronounced sublingual.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 9/5/2015 3:32:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Coca is an incredible plant.

I used to take around 2-2.5g of leaves (a nice little stack), toss two in at a time in my cheek slowly getting them moist and into a ball (id make sure to take the little stems off the end of each one, otherwise over time they can wreak havoc on the inside of your cheek). Then take a pinch of sodium bicarb, slowly work the ball of bicarb/leaves around and within a couple minutes id be set. An incredible synergy of the alkaloids. The effects overall would last around 2-3 hours ime. Btw, the taste is horrid, but gets a little easier over time. Razz

I mainly took it for going on long hikes to the park nearby or doing work outside. A nice steady stimulation, nothing drastic (sharp focus), and the immediate effect of having a higher capacity for breathing and oxygen absorption, which was very pronounced. Id have to say that the heightened ability of breathing with a little coca is the most noticeable effect; it's what I notice first before the stimulation and numb mouth. It would take quite a bit of workload to get me to the point of breathing heavy.

Tea is great too, just steeping 2-3g of leaves in a cup of water for 25 minutes or so. Nothing like buccal with bicarb, but still a very mild alertness, enhanced breathing ability was definitely there still; and ime it tastes exactly like green tea (very spinachy) Razz

DansMaTete
#3 Posted : 9/5/2015 4:01:56 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

+1 for coca tea. Very good for long surf session as ball-in-cheek is not the right way when you're flushed every minute.
I can't say i feel the stimulation effect but i know i can surf longer and recovering is better.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

travsha
#4 Posted : 9/5/2015 5:03:28 PM

Share Love ~

I chew coca when I am in Peru - I especially like it with the lime they make (some ashy black stuff that alkalizes your spit and makes the coca way stronger).

Probably gonna diet coca next month - 7 days warming up and preparing for the diet, 10 days dieting it, and then a 30 day after-diet..... Should be good! Will probably drink Ayahuasca 5-6 times during that diet....

Coca is powerful stuff - one of the most nutritious plants you could ever find. Chewing enough coca can actually give you the same amount of nutrients as 3 meals - I know some shamans who just chew coca instead of eating whenever they do ceremonies....

doodlekid
#5 Posted : 9/7/2015 1:15:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's touch this. Everybody heard of cocaine before the leaf itself.

I've never done cocaine and maybe that's why I find coca leaf such an innocent experience.

There are over 50 alkaloids and cocaine is one of them.

Why it may be my blood can be tested positively for this alkaloid, there's nothing like the ego boost in the leaf at all.

It's a shame that cocaine has become one of the worlds biggest drug addictions. Can't help to be thinking of those guys who were snorting one night through a rolled up moneybill and invited me to try. No thanks.

Maybe, just maybe, I sometimes think that it could have been coca instead of coffee to have conquered the world. That instead of the morning cup of coffee, or at work, people would drink coca tea through the day.

#6 Posted : 9/7/2015 3:47:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Yeah, I've done cocaine many times many years ago; and even if you're able to squeeze in as many coca leaves in your cheeks as you can (probably around 5-6g limit), the leaf is still nothing like actual cocaine. Two different worlds. The other alkaloids in the leaf add elements that synergize with the cocaine and also mellow the experience.

As the cocaleros say in Bolivia - "Coca is not cocaine."

Yeah, a world where we could substitute coca leaf tea for coffee would be an amazing world indeed. A non jittery, focused, happy, wholesome feeling instead of the opposite. Something that also would add a nutritional basis to our diets.

travsha
#7 Posted : 9/7/2015 6:38:09 PM

Share Love ~

I've seen people make cocaine from coca before.... They poured in gasoline, bleach, formaldehyde ect....

Coca and cocaine are so far apart it is painful for me to put them in the same sentence sometimes.

Coca is way gentler then coffee in my experience, unless you eat tons of coca, but that still might be weaker then drinking tons of coffee.... Coca is so mild and pleasant, and so healthy for you!

Redguard
#8 Posted : 9/7/2015 10:32:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
I've seen people make cocaine from coca before.... They poured in gasoline, bleach, formaldehyde ect....

Coca and cocaine are so far apart it is painful for me to put them in the same sentence sometimes.

Coca is way gentler then coffee in my experience, unless you eat tons of coca, but that still might be weaker then drinking tons of coffee.... Coca is so mild and pleasant, and so healthy for you!

This Cuban I know told me of a way they used to process it back in Cuba. Apparently they would fill entire sacks with coca leaves and beat the hell out of the sack for a week or so with a baseball bat. If done correctly you are left with a paste and is quite euphoric when placed on your gums. It's unfortunate that cocaine has such a bad reputation. People extraction with gasoline aren't helping. Speed has also ruined coke and I'd guess that 95% of people in America don't even know what pure coke feels like. It's actually a pretty relaxing experience.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

doodlekid
#9 Posted : 9/8/2015 5:41:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:

Probably gonna diet coca next month - 7 days warming up and preparing for the diet, 10 days dieting it, and then a 30 day after-diet..... Should be good! Will probably drink Ayahuasca 5-6 times during that diet....

Coca is powerful stuff - one of the most nutritious plants you could ever find. Chewing enough coca can actually give you the same amount of nutrients as 3 meals - I know some shamans who just chew coca instead of eating whenever they do ceremonies....

But... do you want to take coca as the sole food for 10 days straight? I am just wondering a bit about that. In my experience taking an upper consumes bodily resources. Coca is mild, but I would think that it would make for a very hungry person when taking nothing but coca through the day. Do you wish to elaborate on why coca?

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 10/26/2015 10:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Two of my friends, both in nursing, swear by Vin di Mariani (coca leaf steeped in wine) as the ultimate study buddy.

I'm too scared to try. Crying or very sad
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

universecannon
#11 Posted : 10/26/2015 11:09:07 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I drank coca leaf tea a few times...Always when writing a paper. It seemed to help quite a bit.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"