We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Possibly Becoming Vegan After LSD Trip Options

hortwizard
#1 Posted : 8/29/2015 6:29:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello travelers,

So life through me a curve ball last night. I was coming down off of 3 hits of liquid L last night and got a little hungry. I had pork thawing out in the fridge and at the time it seemed like a good idea to cook a meal for the next day as I new I would be drained. I prepared what appeared to be an epic spread and sat down to sample my creation....

When I bit into the pork chop it felt like I could feel the life blood of the pig in my mouth. It felt wrong, vile, disgusting, I'm gagging now just thinking about it. I'm going to play it safe and not eat meat for a couple of days.

Anyway, has anything similar ever happened to you? I'm beginning to think that there is something to the notion that pork is a low vibrational food and is not good for spiritual development. Or maybe the meat wasn't cooked enough? I followed the recipe exactly and have made the dish many times in the past.

Puzzled,

Hortwizard

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 8/29/2015 6:51:53 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Psychedelics definitely influenced my shift towards a plant based diet.There was many other factors as well but I know how you feel. I also think the way I eat has had a significant impact on my experiences.

I think the food we prefer while deep in a psychedelic experience is revealing though in some respects. A mango always wins for me Razz

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Myxomop
#3 Posted : 8/29/2015 7:20:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hortwizard wrote:
Hello travelers,

So life through me a curve ball last night. I was coming down off of 3 hits of liquid L last night and got a little hungry. I had pork thawing out in the fridge and at the time it seemed like a good idea to cook a meal for the next day as I new I would be drained. I prepared what appeared to be an epic spread and sat down to sample my creation....

When I bit into the pork chop it felt like I could feel the life blood of the pig in my mouth. It felt wrong, vile, disgusting, I'm gagging now just thinking about it. I'm going to play it safe and not eat meat for a couple of days.

Anyway, has anything similar ever happened to you? I'm beginning to think that there is something to the notion that pork is a low vibrational food and is not good for spiritual development. Or maybe the meat wasn't cooked enough? I followed the recipe exactly and have made the dish many times in the past.

Puzzled,

Hortwizard

Before use any psy plant I recomend U to eat only vegan food. The trip will be deeper.

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 8/29/2015 7:31:08 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

hortwizard wrote:

Good idea, your body knows best. It's probably the taste of killing that makes you sick.

hortwizard wrote:
Anyway, has anything similar ever happened to you?

Sure, tripping on mushrooms while watching a cow with her calf chilling on the meadows made me think how disgusting meat is.

But don't jump into extremes or you'll find out what the jojo-effect is. The need/addiction for meat is deep within the human psyche (according to the carnism theory). Once the afterglow wears off, you may crave for meat again. Best way to get started into a vegetarian/vegan diet is to make an informed decision:

http://www.vrg.org/nutri...9_ADA_position_paper.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org...rrected_Amino_Acid_Score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan_nutrition
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....1691485/pdf/14561278.pdf

And it's okay to eat some meat once in a while - after you ate it, you may find your vegan position invigorated.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Anamnesia
#5 Posted : 8/29/2015 7:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hortwizard wrote:
Hello travelers,

Puzzled,

Hortwizard

Your feeling I think is common! About three months ago or so I made the shift to a vegetal diet as well, no meat, no dairy, nothing that comes from the suffering of animals caged and mass exploited and murdered for an intoxicated demented insane vicious unfeeling species. There is a connection between diet and consciousness so much so I dare to say diet is consciousness. What we put into our bodies becomes us. That sounds obvious but isn't so much really. The consciousness of the animal your consuming is embedded into its meat, its flesh. And if the consciousness of that animal was a life lived in torment and terror and fear - well, do I want to consume that? I don't think so.
One day, you just decide not to have anything to do with that anymore.
And your conscience feels liberated.
I recommend to everyone I meet to abandon animal products insofar as they are capable. I don't mean go get new clothes, cars, all of that. I just mean watching what you eat, because your diet confirms your philosophy. (Your diet, like your garbage, doesn't lie) And if your philosophy includes your diet, and the buddha is correct in saying we are the result of what we have thought, then it seems to me that diet is basically consciousness.

Change your diet, change your consciousness.
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

3rdI
#6 Posted : 8/29/2015 8:49:51 PM

veni, vidi, spici

stick with eating plants, its less cruel, i mean theres clearly no kind of Intelligence or consciousness in the plantsRazz

since i began using Aya i have stopped eating factory farmed meat, but i dont think there is anything wrong with eating humanely farmed meat. Factory farming is where i think the line needs to be drawn, that kind of buisness is horrific.

eat quality meat if you want, dont if you dont.

mango FTW

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

concombres
#7 Posted : 8/29/2015 9:07:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a very strange experience with meat on LSD not long ago. Maybe a couple months have passed.
The trip was normal but I ate a hotdog during the trip & it was absolutely disgusting. Not really the taste, but the texture & the way it felt was gross & felt very wrong.
Immediately after the first bite I felt very wrong & my mind shifted to imagery & thoughts of cannibalism & slaughter houses causing me to nearly vomit.
The weird thing was the fact that although the animal/animals used to make hotdogs are not human, but it did feel very canabilistic in the sense that the very same force behind all life seems to be the same. It was followed by a revelation which was basically who are we to decide another life, even one that is not human, is of lesser value than our own or somehow less important to the point that we breed & live with these animals solely to slaughter & consume them? We do not do this to dogs & cats in most countries & consider them companions, so why is I okay to feed, shelter, & take care of other animals only to murder them & consume the flesh?

I have not had any pork products since. I never really ate much meat but that experience has deffinately changed the way I look at meat & left me eating it even less frequently than I have for most of my life.

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 8/29/2015 9:45:41 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

universecannon wrote:
A mango always wins for me Razz

3rdI wrote:
mango FTW

dreamer042 attached the following image(s):
CD37K4LUIAAQqPE.jpg (28kb) downloaded 254 time(s).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Pixar
#9 Posted : 8/29/2015 10:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too became vegan a few months ago. IMO psychedelics show us our true nature, what we really are : we become a child again, we forget the inculcations of society, we are freed from the illusion. The truth is, and this is backed by science, a vegan diet is our natural diet. It is also the ethical one : the environment, your health and the underlying morality. Maybe you are not aware of the problem yet, I recommend watching documentaries : Cowspiracy is a good one. IMO the LSD let you know that it is the wrong thing to do.

Quote:
Change your diet, change your consciousness.

Anamnesia, one's again I cannot say how much I appreciate your presence on this forum ! Love

hortwizard
#10 Posted : 8/29/2015 10:21:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for all your insight.

Quote:
Immediately after the first bite I felt very wrong & my mind shifted to imagery & thoughts of cannibalism & slaughter houses causing me to nearly vomit.

Concombres hit the nail on the head. I felt like a cannibal too and I eventually did vomit all the pork out of my system an hour later.

I am going to cut swine out of my diet for the time being and try and not eat any meat at all this week. I went into my journey with the intention of hitting the reset button in my life and trying to break old habits ie. smoking cigarettes/weed, being disorganized etc. In hind sight I guess I got exactly what I asked for. Shocked

Pixar
#11 Posted : 8/29/2015 10:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He did indeed ! Psychedelics can be quite spectacular regarding how they teach us.

Glad to hear of your decision Very happy

SpartanII
#12 Posted : 8/29/2015 10:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah. Happens to me even with cannabis. IME though, it can happen with any food. Anything overly salty, sour, bitter, or sweet. It seems to have something to do with heightened senses while tripping.

Ever eaten a little fresh fruit on a low-dose psychedelic? It's alien. And wonderful.

Anamnesia
#13 Posted : 8/29/2015 10:51:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hortwizard wrote:

... and try and not eat any meat at all this week. I went into my journey with the intention of hitting the reset button in my life and trying to break old habits ie. smoking cigarettes/weed, being disorganized etc. In hind sight I guess I got exactly what I asked for. Shocked

My friend!
Own your conviction! If you are going to decide that's what you want to do, then just decide that and then drop the problem just like that. You either will, or you won't, eat any meat at all this week. If you say you're going to try, that means there's still a little space at the top of aquarium full of water in which to dither. There is no try. Decide or don't decide, but never ever try!
I'm very happy for your realizations Smile There is nothing but encouragement here!

Lichen
#14 Posted : 8/30/2015 1:33:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I spent 24 years or so of my life eating animal products, but always felt that a vegan diet was the 'right' thing to do - I just figured if you can still get all the nutrients from a plant based diet, why bother eating the animal products just because they taste good? It just seemed so unnecessary, and ultimately, cruel.

It wasn't until I watched the documentary "Earthlings" that I decided then and there that I wouldn't use animal products anymore - it's been about 4 years now and I've never looked back.

I've had 2 blood tests in the last 4 years to ensure I am getting enough nutrients and am pleased to say I have very healthy levels all over - including very healthy levels of vitamin B12, calcium, iron, hemoglobin and vitamin D.

The downside? I can't stand having to talk about (defend) what I eat and why to people. It's like this:

Person: What's that you're eating?

Me: It's a Thai yellow curry (or whatever).

p: Oh cool, chicken?

m: No, just vegetables.

p: Oh, I didn't know you were a vegetarian?

m: Yeah, I don't eat animal products.

p: Oh, so you're vegan?

m: Yeah, guess I am.

p: What made you turn vegan?

m: ...I just didn't see any sense in eating animal products anymore.

p: Omg, but what do you eat?? But surely, blah blah blah - how do you get your protein? I read somewhere that blah blah blah...

m: refute refute refute

p: So you don't miss eating meat at all?

m: No, not at all. <food going cold now>

p: Oh I could never live without meat! or milk! or cheese!! omg, I loove cheese! What about pizza?

m: Yeah, I guess it's not for everybody.

p: But what about honey! Surely you eat honey!

m: (honestly, I just don't see the point eating honey, I hardly add sugar to things anyway, but I usually just say -> ) Yeah, I don't really like honey anyway, so no big deal.

You'll get into conversations with some people, and it just like they cannot accept that you don't eat animal products, they just can't get passed it, and they will bring it up at any opportunity. Always making stupid jokes, always going on about it. Always challenging you. And if you ever so much as bite back in anyway, they use this to justify that your one of those "typical" vegans; the stereotype of the militant, evangelical vegetarian with the holier-than-thou attitude.

I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Anamnesia
#15 Posted : 8/30/2015 3:29:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to pass on Pixar's wisdom to you!
Next time that happens just tell em...
Anamnesia attached the following image(s):
11174955_833688643352788_1212986175503069621_n.jpg (47kb) downloaded 218 time(s).

jamie
#16 Posted : 8/30/2015 4:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"The truth is, and this is backed by science, a vegan diet is our natural diet. It is also the ethical one : the environment, your health and the underlying morality."

I used to believe these things as well. At some point I realized that this was(IMO) a highly simplified outlook for me to carry in the world, and was not really working in service towards my own desire to find truth in acceptance of life's facts. I have never seen hard evidence that suggests a vegan diet is our natural diet, and believe me I looked, rather hard. I wanted to convince other people.

If you want to be vegan OP, than go try being vegan. Only you can decide what works for you and what does not work for you, by directly experiencing as many things/paradigms/worldviews as you can.

I spent a few years as a devout vegan, I really believed in it, until it no longer worked for me and I had to change my perspective on the subject. I could never have known for myself if this was a path that I could sustain long term had I never tried it.
Long live the unwoke.

Heyt
#17 Posted : 8/30/2015 5:29:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally psychedelics have increased my love of meat, but also decreased my consumption. On some high dose mushroom trips, I reconnected with my hunter/warrior side and found a greater appreciation for the animals we eat. Now I only eat free range eggs (which are a million times more delicious and far healthier) and kill most of the meat I eat myself. While I used to feel guilty about killing a deer, for example, I now see it as the circle of life and hope that when I die I can be food for something as well (we all are, when we decay).

Plus, I believe that more traditional and green methods of raising livestock can give the animals far better living conditions than in the wild. I buy a lot of pork from my aunt who specializes in humane farming. Commercial farming though is absolutely evil.

So maybe I'm the outlier here, but I still feel like I completely understand your perspective OP. I think the same feelings and empathies drive our very different lifestyles. I now look at hunting rabbits and ducks and deer as the circle of life, and have deep respect and spiritual awareness for the creatures I kill, though I prefer to fish when possible as fish lack C type trauma fibers (there has been no peer-reviewed evidence of pain in fish that's withstood scrutiny so far, so I feel no guilt in fishing for food). I now see hunting and fishing as an entheogenic experience in its own right.

Good luck with the vegan lifestyle OP, I hope it works for you! Psychedelics can definitely be a great catalyst for transformative growth. Thumbs up

zhoro
#18 Posted : 8/30/2015 5:42:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lichen wrote:
I spent 24 years or so of my life eating animal products, but always felt that a vegan diet was the 'right' thing to do - I just figured if you can still get all the nutrients from a plant based diet, why bother eating the animal products just because they taste good? It just seemed so unnecessary, and ultimately, cruel.

It wasn't until I watched the documentary "Earthlings" that I decided then and there that I wouldn't use animal products anymore - it's been about 4 years now and I've never looked back.

I've had 2 blood tests in the last 4 years to ensure I am getting enough nutrients and am pleased to say I have very healthy levels all over - including very healthy levels of vitamin B12, calcium, iron, hemoglobin and vitamin D.

The downside? I can't stand having to talk about (defend) what I eat and why to people. It's like this:

m: No, just vegetables.

p: Oh, I didn't know you were a vegetarian?

m: Yeah, I don't eat animal products.

p: Oh, so you're vegan?

m: Yeah, guess I am.

p: What made you turn vegan?

m: ...I just didn't see any sense in eating animal products anymore.

p: Omg, but what do you eat?? But surely, blah blah blah - how do you get your protein? I read somewhere that blah blah blah...

m: refute refute refute

p: So you don't miss eating meat at all?

m: No, not at all. <food going cold now>

p: Oh I could never live without meat! or milk! or cheese!! omg, I loove cheese! What about pizza?

m: Yeah, I guess it's not for everybody.

p: But what about honey! Surely you eat honey!

m: (honestly, I just don't see the point eating honey, I hardly add sugar to things anyway, but I usually just say -> ) Yeah, I don't really like honey anyway, so no big deal.

You'll get into conversations with some people, and it just like they cannot accept that you don't eat animal products, they just can't get passed it, and they will bring it up at any opportunity. Always making stupid jokes, always going on about it. Always challenging you. And if you ever so much as bite back in anyway, they use this to justify that your one of those "typical" vegans; the stereotype of the militant, evangelical vegetarian with the holier-than-thou attitude.

I have experienced this type of conversation more times than I would care to count to. It's almost archetypal. Smile Fortunately for me, I have an easy - and truthful - answer to the why question: when I was in high school, I started feeling a natural repulsion towards meat products, a physical one. It was straightforward for me to become a vegetarian and is that way to this day 24 years later. I don't need to attach any ideology to it at all and health has never been a consideration. When people doubt the feasibility of it, I just say look, it's been 24 years and it works for me but I don't worry too much about whether it works either. It's just how it is. I do eat dairy, by the way.
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

Ufostrahlen
#19 Posted : 8/30/2015 7:19:52 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Lichen wrote:

Oh dear... these conversations are garbage... Why do they even bother ask whether it's chicken or not. And why do you bother engaging into these convos? It's not like they change or think. I'd respond to:

with

me: No, human ヽ(^◇^*)/

[convo is over, next topic plz]

Quote:

Yeah, it's called BS - belief system. I mean we're all subject to it, but carnists are mostly as annoying as militant veganists. Just eat what you want and deal with the consequences.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Intezam
#20 Posted : 8/30/2015 9:44:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamoar042 wrote:
universecannon wrote:
A mango always wins for me Razz

3rdI wrote:
mango FTW

Lol, dreamoar042..

123NEXT»