We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
I retract this. I'm wrong in this matter. Options

Nitegazer
#21 Posted : 8/26/2015 10:52:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recognize your approach as rational. It's a 'skillful means' approach where a even a little benefit is better than none. There are lots of people who are going to try DMT, and many of them will not choose to participate in the culture of the Nexus, nor will they read much literature on the subject before opting to experience it. Individuals in this category who access your video will gain some benefit and face lower risks.

I also consider the individual who would not have chosen to try dmt if they had not bumped into a video like yours. They are actually facing higher risks than they otherwise would have.

So what ratio of those benefiting to those being hurt are you willing to except? 90/10? 75/25?

Of course some folks would not have faced the risks associated with DMT without the Nexus. However, I think the Nexus is morally on more solid ground because:

- There is so much information on the Nexus that there are significantly lower risks with the knowledge that can be gained here-- so much that I think the risks become negligible if the cautions given here are taken seriously

- Those considering DMT can ask questions and provide feedback of their own experiences. That way, the Nexus can recognize if harm is coming from the information provided and adjust accordingly

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoingKermit
#22 Posted : 8/26/2015 10:55:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if I come across as rude... I just don't quite understand why you think this video is something that could possibly change the world. Performing different tasks while on DMT and then comparing it to how you do the same tasks after drinking an energy drink is VERY irresponsible IMO.

Others have said exactly what I think regarding youtube as a platform for info on DMT, so I won't repeat it. You get a lot of views on your channel and having videos, especially like the one I linked above, and it is very imprudent. If you are a promoter of harm reduction, then I suggest you take it down.

Pharmer
#23 Posted : 8/26/2015 10:56:08 PM

ღஐ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ஐღ

I have watched a few of your video's and they point to how new you are to substances and is really just repeated info found in many other places... One video was slightly entertaining but over all they are really childish. A lab coat and anatomy posters do not make you more professional....

What about the risks to yourself/friends/GF by making these video's? I think the risk to your self outweigh any gain of repeated info you are spreading on youtube...especially now that your youtube account is linked to your DMT nexus account via this thread.

Perhaps I am asking the wrong questions but it doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

FLeP
#24 Posted : 8/26/2015 11:09:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
People are going to post to youtube what they want to post to youtube. Be it poor extraction videos, videos of them selves acting ridiculous while high, etc.

To actively have a sticky thread in this forum that persecutes anyone who posts "poor" DMT related content is doing exactly what the government does. You're trying to control the actions of other people to suit your own needs. In this instance - to keep DMT related plants legal.

I believe the the people behind this are more concerned with harm reduction than the plants being illegal. It's pretty much one of the highest aims of this forum.

beatenwarrior wrote:
Your other fears, of potentially spreading "misinformation" on the proper use of this substance is also completely ridiculous. Stupid people are going to do stupid things. Period. You can't control this by having their poorly made extraction videos removed off a video site.

It's my belief that through actions such as these the Nexus has done a lot of good in the way of harm reduction and keeping DMT from being considered a recreational drug. This is an important aspect of DMT's future, how it is framed in the public eye. It is serious. Youtube is not serious. It is for play.

beatenwarrior wrote:
A lot of this content you are having removed is peoples hard work. Some of those people are passionate about what they are doing. Even if they are spreading poor information.

You may have gotten an A for effort in grade school but DMT is grown up business. This is people physical and mental health at risk. Poor information is absoulutely unacceptable.

DesykaLamgeenie
#25 Posted : 8/27/2015 12:13:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm watching this video for the first time and making comments as I react:

1. Listing ebay as a source for DMT-containing material: though I know you are far from the first person to speak of ebay as a source, I think the less people announcing a certain auction site as a source for DMT-containing materials, the better. The more word gets out of it as a source, the more likely it is that it STOPS being a source.

2. The smoke is never ever harsh in the least bit for me. Neither from MHRB and ACRB. The only time I've ever experienced harsh DMT vapor is when it's been burned.

3. Steel wool - just saying a thicker kind is not enough. Have you seen fine steel wool burn? It's used by many as a firestarter - that stuff is no joke, and if someone doesn't know what you mean by thicker kind or they simply disregard that part (like you said in your video, there are some not-so-bright people, and you mentioned it very briefly - easy to miss!!) they could be seriously injured. Also, like someone else said, it needs to be heated until it glows before using to burn off any chemicals/oils/impurities that may also be hazardous to health.

4. At least 80mg?! No. No no no. I know you say that you can hit it again and again, adjusting your dose to what you want. But how in the heck would someone with little to no experience know how much they're inhaling?? They won't - and they could easily take in a large amount of that 80mg. And for some (many) people, a 30-40-50+mg dose of DMT, especially for their first time, could result in not only a traumatizing experience, but lasting effects on that person's life and mental health. It happens. It's no joke and nothing to take lightly. It may be impossible to overdose and die, but it is most definitely possible to take in a dose that is detrimental to one's well-being. For some people that's not a concern - they can puff tough and be just fine and aren't as sensitive to it as other people and won't experience negative effects. For some, a massive dose could have very negative effects.

Your video is not a good example of harm reduction. It's as simple as that. You tried, and you claim to have good intentions - I get that and I feel for you. But perhaps people who are not willing to do their own reading and research have no business doing DMT on their own without someone experienced to guide them through it. [this 'How to DMT' video does not fill that role] Obviously people are still going to do it without researching or having a guide...but I'm not sure that giving them this video is better than giving them nothing at all.

Should your video be taken down? Personally I'm not interested in making that call. But I think it'd be great if you'd accept that this video fell short and take it down - and that if you're truly passionate about making these sorts of videos, to do more research, gain more experience, rethink your approach and come up with a new one. I'm all for harm reduction, and I don't think videos about DMT are inherently bad. But this one invites more trouble than good.

DesykaLamgeenie
#26 Posted : 8/27/2015 12:30:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just watched some of the DMT vs Monster challenge.

You are obviously burning the DMT.

You are holding the flame directly to the steel wool. I even saw a portion of it get red hot.

That is not necessary. If you're using a 'machine', holding the bottle at an angle and holding the lighter below the mouth of the bottle so that the flame never actually contacts the metal is the proper way.

Years of experience huh? I'm not doubting that you have years of experience - but you definitely haven't spent those years refining your technique and building your knowledge, as a quality teacher should/would have done.

FLeP wrote:
This is people physical and mental health at risk. Poor information is absoulutely unacceptable.

This.

DesykaLamgeenie
#27 Posted : 8/27/2015 12:52:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That's awesome man.

I didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know how everyone else came at you, but regardless, I imagine you probably felt/feel attacked which is totally understandable.

But the entire point of this matter being approached wasn't just to attack and bring you down - it is just a part of the overall effort to improve the state of all things regarding DMT and all information being expressed about it. That's a major part of this community, and you're a part of this community - props for taking action.

DesykaLamgeenie
#28 Posted : 8/27/2015 1:23:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You were promoting bad information. At least in the 2 videos I watched.

And your good intentions and intended messages are all well and fine - but in the company of low quality, incorrect, or poorly delivered information, they are irrelevant.

If you're making videos about how to use DMT and you don't educate your viewers properly and/or endanger the availability of DMT sources and there happens to be a community that takes this matter very seriously, it just makes sense for that community to take action against such information being spread.

DoingKermit
#29 Posted : 8/27/2015 1:29:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior, I am sorry that you felt attacked when you actually do mean well. Even if the DMT vs Monster vid was a joke, it can have ill repercussions amongst our our beloved community. Hence why I, plus others, reacted in such a manner. The fact that you see the error of your ways says a lot about your character and I thank you for making the video private.

On a side note, try to listen to the other nexians in this thread regarding DMT on youtube in general. Maybe remaking the "how to" video isn't the best solution.

Either way, I wish you well and hope you don't take too much offence to what has been said from us nexians. We are only trying to protect our community and the molecule we love so much.

FLeP
#30 Posted : 8/27/2015 1:51:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When exposing people to DMT for the first time I make sure they DO NOT break through. A glimpse behind the curtain is far enough for at least half of first timers, if not too far. The fifty percent (way less in reality) that can and should break through their first time can wait until the next time I can dose them and people that are disappointed with a sub-breakthrough experience are usually the people that seriously need an attitude adjustment. They get their dose eventually and hopefully learn a lesson in patience along the way.

Over-loading is something you suggest to someone who has already exhausted their other options and has already gotten a feel for the spice.

DoingKermit
#31 Posted : 8/27/2015 2:04:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
I can't entirely agree. First of all, telling people to put 80mg in is not unheard of advice. I said this as advice to make sure they would break through. I agree, this IS A HUGE AMOUNT. I should have stated they put 50-60mg in. Regarldess, the chances of them smoking the entire 80mg are very low.

You are missing the point here, beatenwarrior. How do you know people wouldn't be able to "clear the pipe" when loading 80mg or even 50-60mg? It's not sound advice when dealing with a platform such as youtube. You changed the title of this thread stating you are "wrong in this matter", but contradict that statement by saying you can't see the harm in suggesting such a large dose.

I commended your ability to see the error of your ways, but you then keep insisting that you are not at fault regarding the info you provide.

Please listen to the advice given. You do not seem like a bad person, but you also don't seem to let up on some very important points regarding harm reduction.

Is there any chance we can put an end to this discussion and find some sort of compromise? I can't see any other way of dealing with this...

Nathanial.Dread
#32 Posted : 8/27/2015 2:20:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:

How is this bad information? Once you break through dose no longer becomes relevant you are out of this world. It's not as if the increase from 40mg to 80mg would increase your chances of damaging your mental health if you were prone to it. And neither could cause you to hurt yourself physically. Where is the harm in this advice? Please give a beginner better advice on how to ensure they break through when smoking.

There are few problems with this, the biggest one being that at least some of this is simply untrue.

1) The intensity dose-response curve continues to climb after the 'breakthrough' has hit. 'Breakthrough' just means you feel as though you've entered some other place, hyperspace can get more intense as the dose increases. There may be a dose at which consciousness is reliably lost, or the ego becomes so annihilated that normal emotional processing is impossible, but that's not ever something you should go for, certainly not for a first timer.

2) Going for the breakthrough the first time can be risky, especially if the person is psychedelic-naive (and many people who have found DMT through the internet are). Erowid is littered with experience reports by people who went too far too fast and ended up in Hell.

3) "It's not as if going from 40mg to 80mg would increase your chances on damaging your mental health."
Unless you have citations for this, you cannot make that claim with any certainty. The mind is an incredibly complex thing, and to make such a strong claim without evidence is extremely risky. You are doubling the dose being administered, going from 40 to 80 mg. There are plenty of drugs for which doubling the dose can be absolutely catastrophic.

There's good beginner advice all over the forum: start low, go slow. Take the time to learn about the drug and integrate each experience in a meaningful way.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Metanoia
#33 Posted : 8/27/2015 2:23:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
I wish you well and hope you don't take too much offence to what has been said from us nexians. We are only trying to protect our community and the molecule we love so much.

I would just like to echo this sentiment. We all have the same goal at heart. We are only speaking from a place of love, trying to protect something we all love. If nothing else I think this thread has served to change some perspectives. Thumbs up

Heyt
#34 Posted : 8/27/2015 2:43:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologize for the tone of my post beatenwarrior - it was intended to be blunt and direct but came off as arrogant and self-righteous. That being said, we aren't trying to bully you. But we can't emphasize enough how dangerous your videos are. You are spreading misinformation (I'm sorry, but if you read through the many threads on the Nexus you will learn a great deal and realize that much of the content of your How to DMT video is simply not factual in any regard) and worse, promoting extremely dangerous abuse of the sacred molecule. That is unacceptable and we here at the Nexus do not tolerate such behavior and endangerment of our community, the molecule, and countless people watching your videos. If you won't take the time to read and research here to better and further your scientific understanding of the molecule, than we have no choice but take action against your videos. I'm sorry man, but you really picked the wrong battle to try to fight.

Peace and love

Redguard
#35 Posted : 8/27/2015 2:50:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:
wrote:
[quote=DesykaLamgeenie]

I can't entirely agree. First of all, telling people to put 80mg in is not unheard of advice. I said this as advice to make sure they would break through. I agree, this IS A HUGE AMOUNT. I should have stated they put 50-60mg in. Regarldess, the chances of them smoking the entire 80mg are very low.

You are missing the point here, beatenwarrior. How do you know people wouldn't be able to "clear the pipe" when loading 80mg or even 50-60mg? It's not sound advice when dealing with a platform such as youtube. You changed the title of this thread stating you are "wrong in this matter", but contradict that statement by saying you can't see the harm in suggesting such a large dose.

I commended your ability to see the error of your ways, but you then keep insisting that you are not at fault regarding the info you provide.

Please listen to the advice given. You do not seem like a bad person in the slightest, but you also don't seem to let up on some very important points regarding harm reduction.

Is there any chance we can put an end to this discussion and find some sort of compromise? I can't see any other way of dealing with this...

Yes I am wrong. The video could have been done A LOT better and for this reason I am going to re-make it. However, I don't believe the information is AS inaccurate as you are suggesting. There is a reason the video has 1780 likes and only 25 dislikes. It was not a terrible video, but it could have been done better with clearer information. This much I've always known. To be honest I'm not very proud of that video, it was done very early on. If you watch my latest video you'll see I actually go overboard on the harm reduction side of things for example in the shroom video. More than half of it is about helping people through "bad trips. "

The reason I keep arguing is because I'm offended with the way you guys are bullying me. YES - you may have the opinion my video has the potential for harm and is spreading bad information. But to go off and flag it for removal without even talking to me about the reason for it's removal and seeing if I'm open to fixing it is so coward like. I'm open to criticism and respect everyones opinion. I want to spread the best information possible.

I was hoping to have the support of a community like this, not feel threatened by it. I was very naive in my thinking.

I feel for ya man, I truly do. I personally didn't find your videos offensive but I can understand why some on this site would. The thing your not realizing is that you came into here guns blazing. The dmt nexus is like grandma's house where you have to take your shoes off before you walk around. All the couches are covered in plastic and you aren't allowed to say naughty things. All jokes aside, I do love this place Smile

Ok back to where I was before, you came in here guns blazing and people responded in kind. So lets not get defensive and hurt over something that could have been avoided if a little tact was used. I'm just as bad as you, but I don't actually get offended when someone hurts my feelings. Shit man, you smoke dmt which can bring you to the deepest darkest pits of "hell". Lets not get our feelings hurt over some words on a computer screen.

Being someone who has never weighed out a dose and just filled the bowl to the top and layered some herb on top of it I don't really see the point of making a big deal between 40 and 80mg. DMT may be the "strongest" psychedelic but it's rather short lived. You may see hell but you'll be back. Drugs that stay in your system the longest imo are far more dangerous to work with. Anyways, I'm sure i'll ruffle a few feathers with this post but I did so, so you won't feel singled out.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Nitegazer
#36 Posted : 8/27/2015 2:51:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
I will re-do my "How to DMT" video with proper information and I will do a better job at it this time around.

I apologize.

Thank you. I am really impressed that you are willing to make a change, and I too apologize for anything I wrote that felt personally offensive.

I hope that you find a way to stick with the Nexus site for a while. It probably feels a bit like you were backed into a corner by a bunch of DMT fascists, but give us a chance. There are a lot of really great people here.

You are clearly are as enthralled with the molecule as the rest of us. We should be allies.

kgp4death
#37 Posted : 8/27/2015 3:48:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it was a very good video, especially if you change a few things. I think if Dmt nexes people post what is wrong with videos instead of flagging that would help especially if you/other take good stuff and annotate inaccuracies/problems. Everyone heard about dmt from someone, no one had this innate knowledge at birth.

Jakup
#38 Posted : 8/27/2015 4:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
Global wrote:
I have to agree with SpartanII. Indeed there are a plethora of sources that give superior information. The obvious purpose you could have for calling attention to yourself by making a video would be to call attention to yourself. It's not about you helping, it's about you being the helper.

Again - not everyone has the patience to read these websites. YES - this website is better information than I could ever dream of offering! I actually recommend people come to this website all the time.

The videos are intended for the typeof people who WILL NOT SPEND THE TIME TO READ THIS FORUM. There are more of them out there than you think.

If someone doesn't care enough to take some time and research DMT , then they probably shouldn't be doing it. Just my two cents..
Always

Psilosopher?
#39 Posted : 8/27/2015 5:27:46 AM

Don't Panic

Jakup wrote:
If someone doesn't care enough to take some time and research DMT , then they probably shouldn't be doing it. Just my two cents..

This is what I think most Nexians are trying to say, in a surprisingly aggressive way.

DMT isn't a walk in the park. It's a pretty serious choice to make. Having an introductory video is nice and all, but the content of your videos seem like it's definitive information. That there is nothing else to learn. Just get some DMT and toke up. You definitely need to redirect people to sites like this to encourage responsible use. I can understand the emotions of the Nexians here. The general attitude here is to learn about the molecule, partake in the molecule, and learn FROM the molecule. It's sacred to many people.

There's a video by someone called Adam Cokehead (or something like that), where they explicitly say to buy DMT online. That specific video goes against everything this place stands for.

I've seen some of the comments on your videos. It was a pretty big wake up call for me; not everyone that knows about DMT is spiritually minded. In fact there were a lot of people who seemed like they were looking for the next high. Your various "VS" videos are a bit too rushed and counterproductive. I like the idea of comparing the effects, but I think it should be done scientifically.

Here's my two cents. Live and let live. Post videos with introductory information. Redirect people that are interested to places like the Nexus wiki so that they may learn. If they are not willing to learn, then Jakup's quote sums it up quite nicely. That's the right attitude to have, I think. Not overly hostile, not elitist, and compassionate.

I was shocked to see aggressive posts by veteran Nexians.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Psilosopher?
#40 Posted : 8/27/2015 7:07:52 AM

Don't Panic

beatenwarrior wrote:
Bodhisativa wrote:

I've seen some of the comments on your videos. It was a pretty big wake up call for me; not everyone that knows about DMT is spiritually minded. In fact there were a lot of people who seemed like they were looking for the next high. Your various "VS" videos are a bit too rushed and counterproductive. I like the idea of comparing the effects, but I think it should be done scientifically.

Here's my two cents. Live and let live. Post videos with introductory information. Redirect people that are interested to places like the Nexus wiki so that they may learn. If they are not willing to learn, then Jakup's quote sums it up quite nicely. That's the right attitude to have, I think. Not overly hostile, not elitist, and compassionate.

I was shocked to see aggressive posts by veteran Nexians.

Exactly! Not everyone is spiritually minded. And those types of people understand information in a different way. Things need to be kept simple. The video format I've created does a good job of keeping things simple - especially for those who will not read websites like this. I am providing a service for a different type of person.

I would love to keep posting videos with introductory information on DMT. But I'm being warned by members on this site if I post DMT related content they will flag the videos. How is that supposed to make me feel? It's not bad enough we have to be in "hiding" about using this substance due to fear of our government. Now I have to fear talking about this substance due to the thought Nexians are going to attempt to have it removed!

I'm fucking flabbergasted.

I guess that begs the question: should a person who is NOT spiritually minded venture into something like DMT? Should your focus be very spiritual, kind of spiritual, not very spiritual or completely Richard Dawkins?

Instead of people on this forum attacking PsychedSubstance, why not offer suggestions and tips? He's got the subscribers, this site has the info. Cooperation yo. It gets shit done.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

PREV1234NEXT»