We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
I retract this. I'm wrong in this matter. Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 8/26/2015 4:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's been a lot of discussion about why we try and limit DMT extraction/consumption videos on Youtube. In many cases, it's a safety hazard, as the instructions are general low quality, and it attracts a level of publicity, coupled with a lack of discretion, that could be dangerous for the video makers, consumers, and The Nexus in general. One of the only reasons we've managed to grow into the wonderful community we are is because of the comparatively esoteric nature of DMT. A lot of the plants and tools we extract with could be made illegal if more people where making DMT and bragging about it.

That's not to say we don't want people to extract, or lean about DMT, but it's important that they learn how to do it safely and respecfully. That's how we avoid seeing news stories like 'DMT LAB BUSTED (IT LOOKS LIKE METH!)' and a crackdown on our plants.

If you want to teach people about safe extraction, the machine, smoking techniques, all you have to do is make a video saying:
"Hey, there's this great place called the DMT-Nexus Wiki, and it has all the information you could ever want to know about extraction, smoking, and science." The Wiki is totally free for anyone, and all the material has generally been verified by trained chemists, or related experts (we've got folks like benzyme, corpus, etc who contribute).

All and all, YouTube videos are risky, and altogether unnecessary, when such a great resource is already available.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 8/26/2015 4:38:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I shared your videos on facebook the other day. You have some pretty cool vids man.

jamie
#3 Posted : 8/26/2015 4:59:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"That's not to say we don't want people to extract, or lean about DMT, but it's important that they learn how to do it safely and respecfully. That's how we avoid seeing news stories like 'DMT LAB BUSTED (IT LOOKS LIKE METH!)' and a crackdown on our plants."

...that happens already anyway, and what we do here is not stopping it. Clearly. Just trying to add that perspective here and be honest about what I see. When a new report comes out equating a few jars of mimosa and lye to a meth lab, that is on the part of absolute crap newscasters and half assed law enforcement "drug squads"..not on the part of the person who just happened to be extracting DMT in the closet in the back of say, a cannabis grow.

People are going to do shady things..regardless. It is good to try to put forth a better perspective on DMT use, but we should also refrain from too much self congratulation at this point as well.
Long live the unwoke.

Nitegazer
#4 Posted : 8/26/2015 5:18:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsychedSubstance--

I just watched your video: How to DMT. There is a good emphasis on responsible use, but I also think the episode demonstrates why YouTube isn't the best venue for people to learn about DMT.

You instruct people to obtain 'some steel wool' for the machine. There have been numerous discussion threads on the Nexus about the appropriateness of that material, and the hazards of using it. Fine steel wool can burn, and there can be a number of contaminants to look out for.

On the Nexus, the student has every opportunity to research what they are getting into. They are instructed at the onset that working with DMT and other tryptamines should be careful and well considered. With your videos, a wise beginner will do some research elsewhere, but some folks will just use the small amount of information provided to make use of the drug. The aesthetics of the video emphasizes an over-simplified perspective.

SpartanII
#5 Posted : 8/26/2015 5:23:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
I'm actually disgusted that this community would go around destroying other peoples hard work just because they are openly talking about DMT.

I'm offended that people on here are flagging my videos. Considering the change I'm trying to make in this world.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not going to change the world by posting DMT instructional videos on Youtube. People are responsible for their own actions/behavior. Change doesn't happen with people taking things personally and getting offended when they don't get what they want. This is a reflection of ego and self-importance, and in opposition to the common themes and lessons of the entheogen/psychedelic experience.

Take your own advice and

โ€œBe the change that you wish to see in the world.โ€ -Mahatma Gandhi Big grin

steppa
#6 Posted : 8/26/2015 5:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where I come from we say something that would translate to "sitting between two chairs" ...that is where I am now.

On one hand I understand why we may want to flag one or another video on youtube. On the other hand I understand why beatenwarrior is not amused.

But then...I also comply with that:

Quote:
but I also think the episode demonstrates why YouTube isn't the best venue for people to learn about DMT.

..so?

What would be the best solution to this problem?

Imho, there is only one:

If the nexus does not want youtube to spread misinfomation, the nexus must utilise youtube and spread correct information.

Maybe with the help of...Beatenwarrior?
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

lewinii
#7 Posted : 8/26/2015 6:21:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
If you want to teach people about safe extraction, the machine, smoking techniques, all you have to do is make a video saying:
"Hey, there's this great place called the DMT-Nexus Wiki, and it has all the information you could ever want to know about extraction, smoking, and science."

this ^^

this is all we need. i dont get the point of your video when dmtnexus is at AYNONES fingertips
lol youtube.
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

โ†’ Donate to the Nexus! โ†

SpartanII
#8 Posted : 8/26/2015 7:42:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
SpartanII wrote:
beatenwarrior wrote:
I'm actually disgusted that this community would go around destroying other peoples hard work just because they are openly talking about DMT.

I'm offended that people on here are flagging my videos. Considering the change I'm trying to make in this world.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not going to change the world by posting DMT instructional videos on Youtube. People are responsible for their own actions/behavior. Change doesn't happen with people taking things personally and getting offended when they don't get what they want. This is a reflection of ego and self-importance, and in opposition to the common themes and lessons of the entheogen/psychedelic experience.

Take your own advice and

โ€œBe the change that you wish to see in the world.โ€ -Mahatma Gandhi Big grin

The change I'm trying to make is to help people trip safely and alter the twisted view society has placed on psychedelics with a more realistic one. Organizations like MAPS are already contributing to making this happen. This type of change is very possible.

I think you may have missed the point.

However noble your intentions may be, they are still coming from your ego, as evidenced by your reaction to the Youtube flagging. (My videos are superior to others, they can change the world. What? You flagged them?! How disgusting you destroy my hard work! I'm offended! I didn't get what I want!) Wink

Global
#9 Posted : 8/26/2015 8:05:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I have to agree with SpartanII. Indeed there are a plethora of sources that give superior information. The obvious purpose you could have for calling attention to yourself by making a video would be to call attention to yourself. It's not about you helping, it's about you being the helper.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

AcaciaConfusedYah
#10 Posted : 8/26/2015 8:15:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

It doesn't look like the video was removed. I was still able to see it. Not sure what the issue is here. People flag things on YouTube all the time because they don't agree with something. If YouTube didn't want it, they remove it.

People form groups and do things all the time in the name of a cause, whether they are ultimately hurting or helping it. Some people make videos, some people flag em. All the same team, essentially. But o well Razz

Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 8/26/2015 8:22:12 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Can someone please link the actual video in question?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

SpartanII
#12 Posted : 8/26/2015 8:46:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
When did I say my videos were superior to others?

I was paraphrasing your general attitude. You apparently thought your videos were better than the ones out there already (and they probably are) because you thought they were important enough to take offense when they were flagged.

Quote:
When did I say they can change the world? I said I am TRYING to make a change in this world.

Apples and oranges.

Quote:
Let's see you put a lot of work into something that takes lots of courage

Like life?

Quote:
Or do you claim to not operate from a place of ego? We all operate from the ego.

It's not ego that's the problem, it's our attachment to it. Our self-importance.

Quote:
Thank you for trying to make me feel bad about my reaction and for putting words in my mouth.

I'm not trying to make you feel anything. And I've never put anything in your mouth.Pleased

Metanoia
#13 Posted : 8/26/2015 8:49:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
Again - not everyone has the patience to read these websites. YES - this website is better information than I could ever dream of offering! I actually recommend people come to this website all the time.

The videos are intended for the typeof people who WILL NOT SPEND THE TIME TO READ THIS FORUM. There are more of them out there than you think.

The question should be: If you're unwilling to take the time and effort to read and learn, should you be attempting something potentially dangerous?

I get that some people are more visual learners, have a hard time with language and understanding concepts that are written out rather than shown physically or spoken about orally. I really get that, I do. But with something like a DMT extraction you really should have a basic understanding behind the chemistry involved before even thinking of attempting it.

You're about harm minimization? Good. Don't post videos that could possibly encourage people to attempt a dangerous chemical extraction without having the rudimentary knowledge necessary to carry it out safely.

I was on FB the other day and on the DMT: The Spirit Molecule group there are some seriously concerning posts. One I saw someone posted of a picture of their bag of bark with the caption "Can't wait to start dying some clothes" Completely unnecessary. Then in the comments someone asked "What is this?" to which another answered, "It's bark for Dying Multiple Times" I saw another one where a guy posted a picture of his smiling face, along with another picture of his broken coffee grinder hooked up to a power drill so that he could continue grinding/powdering his bark. What the hell are these people thinking?

If you want to advertise your illegal activities and get yourself in trouble, well, that's on you. But doing this so freely and openly on the internet puts ALL of us who love and respect this substance at risk. We lose access to certain materials because law enforcement becomes aware of the illegal use of said materials. Any publicity at all about these things isn't really a good thing, unless it's sanctioned scientific research being done within the confines of the law.

Koornut
#14 Posted : 8/26/2015 8:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:

The fact is, the acacias will never be made "illegal" in any country. They are too widespread. This is just not possible.

You may be right, but what is the point of keeping them 'legal' if they eventually become decimated by opportunistic Entrepreneurs.
The real fact is, that siphoning curiosity about DMT through the nexus gives us, as patrons and matrons of the entire genus of acacias the chance to carefully instruct new members, old members and curious researchers about sustainable harvest and conservation.

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Metanoia
#15 Posted : 8/26/2015 9:03:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior wrote:
I do not post extraction videos. It was a video that outlined the proper safety precautions to follow before smoking the substances. I would never post an extraction video.

Seems like you're splitting hairs here. You post videos that encourage the use of DMT. That much we can agree on.

It's the same reason some people don't really like Joe Rogan. He talks very openly about it and about how amazing and earth-shattering the experience is. People that listen to his podcast with little to no knowledge might take that bit of curiosity and watch one of your videos. Then, being that they are unwilling to do an extraction themselves, go to drug dealers looking for it. The demand goes up, so does the supply.

These are complex issues that can have widespread consequences. When I want to direct someone to the proper info about DMT I simply point them to the Nexus and tell them to read, read, read. If you're unwilling to do that then you may want to question why you want to use these substances in the first place.

universecannon
#16 Posted : 8/26/2015 9:14:20 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

dreamer042 wrote:

Here is the link

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 8/26/2015 9:31:03 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

universecannon wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

Here is the link

Thank you Thumbs up

I want to start by saying I'm not really against video based education on this subject, it's just that I haven't found a video yet that had solid information presented well and was worth watching or sharing with others. As usual I also I don't really see a lot of value in these videos.

The one video teaches you how to use a home made crack pipe, perhaps some harm reduction value there, but not really what I would call a solid resource for understanding what DMT is, what the risks are, how to get the most benefit from the experience, and how to understand and integrate the experience. I also detect misinformation that could be considered unsafe (It is not in the interest of harm reduction to tell people to load 80mg and they can't put in too much).

That DMT monster challenge video is a complete fail imo. This is exactly the kind of video that should be flagged and removed from youtube. It's almost a perfect example of what harm reduction is not.

Also, I wouldn't say posting videos of yourself using illegal drugs on youtube is courageous I'd describe it moar as foolhardy than anything else.

I commend your intentions but if you really want to help others, take the time to make sure you understand the implications of your words and actions and that you have your facts straight. I do think there is a need for good videos with solid harm reduction information but this attempt falls short. Perhaps if we get together as a community and take on this project we can make something that we can all be proud of.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

SomeStray
#18 Posted : 8/26/2015 9:33:40 PM

Just another stray, wandering the infinite.

Beatenwarrior, not leading someone towards an experience they are not ready for is an increidbly important form of compassion.

beatenwarrior wrote:
... openly talked about so that everyone ...

No.

That's runs counter to the official stance of the Nexus and I sincerely hold that your approach will cause far more harm than it could possibly prevent. Not everyone is ready for DMT. Not everyone will benefit from it. Not everyone can handle it. The vast majority of people will be FAR better off they manage to live their whole lives without DMT ever crossing their radar. What you're doing contributes to wreckless spreading.

DMT is a powerful tool for those with purpose and practice, but doing anything to encourage the wreckless spread of knowledge about it makes about as much sense as giving a toddler a nail gun. Sure, maybe they'll manage to build a house, but maybe they'll end up in the ER.

kgp4death
#19 Posted : 8/26/2015 9:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can understand staying away from youtube (because so many kids and uninformed) but there should be a how to video archive here with proper steps and discussion on what was done wrong or what could have been different in video and such. Some people are visual learning people (like me) and some things are better explained visually. You can say "pale yellow" all day but showing a video with good pale yellow and bad dark yellow/brown and what to do about it is much more useful. Is there a how to video archive here if not why plenty of people made one.

btw.....I did like the video, though copper wool with coating burned off would be better choice and if it was posted in an informed place like here (though obviously I see no videos here) someone would say something

Heyt
#20 Posted : 8/26/2015 10:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beatenwarrior, your monster vs. DMT video is the antithesis of harm reduction. Your DMT in 3 minutes video lacks a plethora of relevant information while featuring info that is outdated and incorrect. Your How to DMT video features unsafe smoking methods and promotes said methods. I personally flagged all of your videos and will continue to do so. I find it strange that you claim a role of harm reduction while spreading outdated information and promoting abuse of one of the most powerful hallucinogens on the planet. Please remove your videos before someone watching them hurts themselves or ends up in jail.

Please read through the Nexus Wiki to see where some of your information no longer withstands scientific scrutiny. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Main_Page
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety

123NEXT»