We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Pharma - Caapi/DMT Options

Nitegazer
#1 Posted : 8/23/2015 12:29:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Planned for the event one week in advance, eager to have my first pharma experience, but also a bit anxious because I was sharing the trip with a friend who was also having his first experience. I initiated the session, and also extracted the caapi and dmt, so I felt responsible for both of us. He brought two friends, which was a benefit as they could act as sitters, but I also didn't know them personally, so their presence added to my desire to keep some level of reasoned awareness.

(physical condition) Set:I was well rested, having slept in that morning. I had fought some bug earlier in the week but fortunately felt perfectly fine when I woke up. The only physical negative is that I haven't been exercising or meditating as much as I would like over the past couple weeks.

Setting (location):I have a home nestled in the woods. I ended up splitting my time between indoors and outside.

time of day: Dose taken all at once at 4:50pm on Saturday August 22. The weather was warm (about 80 degrees f) with little wind. The sun was obscured by trees, but the sky was bright.

recent drug use: I vaporize cannabis several times a week. My last toke was Thursday night. Last vaporized dmt experience 5 days before pharma trip.

last meal: Grape Nuts cereal with yogurt and pineapple at 9am. Only water after that point.

PARTICIPANT
body weight: 80kg
known sensitivities: none

history of use: First time pharma. Moderate experience (~20 trips) with vaporized DMT freebase, recently using sub-lingual harmala prior to vaping.

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): Homemade caapi extract and dmt freebase
Dose(s): 370mg, 55mg
Method of administration: dissolved in shot of orange juice, taken at once

EFFECTS

Administration time: T=0:00
Duration: 4 hours, 10 minutes
First effects: T=0:20; Modest 'shimmering' visually, colors intensified. At t=0:25 minutes I experienced acoustic affects that I normally relate to vaped dmt: a type of muffled throbbing that then stretches into tight humming or plucking of taught strings.  I knew at this point that the dmt would dominate over the harmala, though I had expected more influence from the caapi extract.

Peak: T=0:40 to T=1:40 Strong OEV, starting with incomprehensible written characters moving across the wood of the bench I found myself lying on. to an intricate fractilian quilt of grass and stems creating a sacred space before a wave of vines emerging from the edge of the forest. Able to walk for short periods but then needing to sit or lie down. First strong nausea, leading to a bit of dry heaving but no purge. CEV building to a near threshold experience. The forms very bright and vivid, but more rounded (organic?) and less angular than vaped experiences. I felt the presence of 'the goddess' (I think of her as Nut) explaining that before (when vaping) I was a guest, but now, in her domain, I was hers. Strong body high, bordering on orgasmic ripples through body. Voices of the other guests muffled, as if under water and difficult to make out.

Come down:T=1:40 to T=4:10 A slow, very gentle descent from peak. By T= 1:50 I was able to walk back in the house and begin talking with my guests. Fading in and out of coherence from T=1:50 until T= 2:30 (?) . Modest chills and shakiness. CEV still coming on strong in waves. My unexpected guests had been vaping a bit (they are not experienced with dmt, but are experienced with a variety of hallucinogens) and I found myself wanting to talk with them more than I was able. Somewhere around T= 3:00 had more nausea and a full purge-- more evacuated my belly than I thought possible. At this point I became more lucid and able to have a lovely and meaningful conversation (I was surprisingly chatty), still holding a powerful body high. Hunger started to come on around T: 3:30 and I had an amusing time trying to prepare food with residual OEVs and unfocused thought (at least not staying focused on food very well).

Baseline:T=4:10 There was still a nice afterglow, but clarity returned and once I had some food in me, I was not shaky nor did I suffer any ill effects. I was surprised at how there was no sense of 'burn out' after the intensity of the experience.

Intensity (overall): 3 – I did not experience ego loss, though some of that may be due to my desire to 'stay with it' in order to play host and keep an eye on my pharma partner (he had a similarly powerful experience, but utilized 2 vape hits to push him there. I am certainly more sensitive to pharma than he is). I don't see myself wanting a higher dosage of pharma of dmt for a while, but I would like to find a way to experience more of an introspective effect from the harmala, especially if it could come with less nausea. I do think I could manage this dosage solo, and may consider it in the future, if I can get in the right head space for it.

Evaluation / notes: I was a bit distracted by nausea that would come about every once and a while, and was surprised that I needed a purge. Although not a real problem, I didn't find the purge to be a net positive on the experience.

I think the harmine had a significant stimulant effect on the experience, and made it surprisingly social (as soon as I found the capacity to talk coherently!). I definitely want to experiment with rue extract to experience what the more sedative harmaline adds to the experience. I am also very interested in working with higher concentrations of THH.

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 3
Implesantness: 1
Visual Intensity: 3

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 0
Afterglow: 2 Had a strong sense of openness and connection with guests for the rest of the night. Physically felt refreshed with a warm cozy feeling. :-)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 8/23/2015 12:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing NG. Sounds like a good first pharma experience Thumbs up

Nitegazer
#3 Posted : 8/23/2015 12:53:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Thanks for sharing NG. Sounds like a good first pharma experience Thumbs up

Thank you Jees, for helping me work out a good starting dosage for me. I don't have these experiences often, so I'm glad I risked a higher level of harmalas than I originally thought I would try.

I'll be mulling over my recollections of the event for a while. :-)

FLeP
#4 Posted : 8/23/2015 2:14:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish my digestive system was as efficient as yours! It takes me 100mg of light to get started and that doesn't even give me solid OEV.

Nitegazer
#5 Posted : 8/23/2015 4:01:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FLeP wrote:
I wish my digestive system was as efficient as yours! It takes me 100mg of light to get started and that doesn't even give me solid OEV.

Yes, I guess I'm in the minority, albeit a large one, of folks who are sensitive to the oral route. In doing my research, I was really tempted to start with more like 100mg, since most seem to approach that to have a strong experience. I'm glad I was cautious-- I can't imagine what another 20mg would be like, much less 45mg!

The advice on this site to start with low doses is well advised.

#6 Posted : 8/23/2015 6:36:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

FLeP wrote:

Well typically with a pretty high dosage of freebase harmalas like Nitegazer took - 370mg - a little DMT will go a long way; whereas if he were to have taken a lower amount of harmalas, like say 200mg (less inhibition), 55mg DMT would most likely have not produced what it had. (There's quite a few members here that can have a very deep and intense pharma experience on 180mg harmala alkaloids and 40mg DMT. Personal chemistry is a huge factor as well.

What im basically saying is that the higher you go in the harmala dosage - the less DMT that's needed. And 370mg of harmalas, for many here, is a very large dose and can easily be heavily psychedelic and immersive in that range, to where they're bed riden for many hours, heavy ataxia and vomiting.

With that said - Nitrgzer, awesome report, and im glad you had a nice intro into pharma. Smile Very beautiful.

Jees
#7 Posted : 8/23/2015 7:10:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
... And 370mg of harmalas, for many here, is a very large dose and can easily be heavily psychedelic and immersive in that range, ...

Lets not forget to emphasize the difference in potency between caapi extract harmalas and rue extract harmalas. Same word "Harmalas" though.

TGO
#8 Posted : 8/24/2015 12:32:37 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Very nice! I am glad it went well!

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Nitegazer
#9 Posted : 8/24/2015 3:22:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
What im basically saying is that the higher you go in the harmala dosage - the less DMT that's needed. And 370mg of harmalas, for many here, is a very large dose and can easily be heavily psychedelic and immersive in that range, to where they're bed riden for many hours, heavy ataxia and vomiting.

With that said - Nitrgzer, awesome report, and im glad you had a nice intro into pharma. Smile Very beautiful.

Thanks Tattvamasi (and Greatful One) -

I clearly have little experience with pharma, so I don't know how consuming say 200mg of harmalas would be different for me. Your comments also make perfect sense. But - my hallucinatory state didn't feel driven by the harmala, it felt driven by the dmt. It could be that the effects of the two pharma components are so harmonious that I can't well differentiate them, too I guess.

I will have to try some more combinations to understand the component affects better-- starting with a low dose of dmt, just to be on the safe side.

In a few weeks, I think I'll try 150mg of rue extract with 55mg of dmt and see what that brings me. Will love to continue the conversation.

chocobeastie
#10 Posted : 8/26/2015 1:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really think these experiences should be carried out completely alone and lying down in a dark room, not interacting with other people.

It has concerned me reading some reports of people interacting with others and the world in these states, not something I would recommend until you are well experienced.

370mg of Harmalas does sound quite high, for me the negative aspects of harmalas can come out, especially nausea, heavy feelings and a more immobile state, especially if extracted from syrian rue, which tends to not be as ameniable to higher doses as vine harmalas.

I guess that is why it is also surprising to read you were walking around during the experience.

Nitegazer,

150mg of Rue extract sounds really low, unless you know it is ultra purified.

Nitegazer
#11 Posted : 8/26/2015 2:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

chocobeastie wrote:

370mg of Harmalas does sound quite high, for me the negative aspects of harmalas can come out, especially nausea, heavy feelings and a more immobile state, especially if extracted from syrian rue, which tends to not be as ameniable to higher doses as vine harmalas.

I guess that is why it is also surprising to read you were walking around during the experience.

Nitegazer,

150mg of Rue extract sounds really low, unless you know it is ultra purified.

Thank you for your input Beast--

I will take a closer look into rue extract dosage. I am hoping for fairly purified harmalas-- will be running a manske or two and eventually will be separating out the harmaline for conversion to THH.

Certainly experienced some nausea, though it didn't dominate my experience. I really feel that the vine extract was urging me to be social rather than discouraging it-- though I have no other pharma experiences with which to compare. Also keep in mind that for the height of the experience I was very immobile (flat on my back on a bench in my yard).

I expect to take the next experience on my own, and since it will be with rue, I will explore the energy of the night-- hopefully under the stars.