We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nitrous oxide and scopolamine for depression Options

BringsUsTogether
#1 Posted : 8/20/2015 10:15:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 8/20/2015 11:16:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yang & Hashimoto wrote:
Nitrous oxide is also a drug of abuse, and its abuse potential represents a possible limitation for its utility in clinical psychiatry.

God forbid our attempt to cure people's depression is too enjoyable Rolling eyes

I wonder what prompted Olney to examine the neuroprotective effects of scopolomine of all things?

Good find, thanks for sharing.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

BringsUsTogether
#3 Posted : 8/23/2015 3:30:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it does seem quite strange that scopolamine would have neuroprotective effects.

Nitrous really is a topic of interest for me, especially after I learned that it could amplify the subjective effects of psychedelics by a ridiculous amount and that it could help with depression.

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 8/23/2015 4:24:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read that scopolamine has anti-depressant and anxiolytic effects. Nitrous would favor considerably in that area.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

anon_003
#5 Posted : 10/22/2015 6:28:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting paper.

I must add that as a considerably depressed individual, semi-regular (one session every few weeks) nitrous use significantly deepened my depression. I think it just had to do with coming back to baseline reality after such a pleasurable experience. I only ever been able to gain insight into my personal struggles when used in tandem with lsd. I think the setup with the prolonged exposure with the nitrous and oxygen allowed patients to really explore the headspace and give them time to work things out.

However, I have had great success with ketamine, especially when used in tandem with lsd. I believe this to be due to the longer duration.

In my experience, the dissociative headspace really allows one (even more than psychedelics) to look at one's life "objectively" and get an "outsider perspective". I have found ketamine in particular not only effective at treating depression, but also in dealing with poor lifestyle habits.

Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Psilosopher?
#6 Posted : 10/22/2015 10:00:28 AM

Don't Panic

All I've seen on scopolamine was in the Vice documentary, about thieves using scopolamine to turn people into sentient zombies, where they allow all their shit to be stolen. It leaves no memory of what happened during the effects.

Here's the link.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."