We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
P. Viridis extraction log Options

Godsmacker
#1 Posted : 8/20/2015 6:18:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

184 grams of dried PV leaves (harvested from a friend's plant) were simmered in 3 washes of a PH 3.8 solution of acetic acid for 2 hours per wash. The washes were combined and boiled down to a volume of 500ml. This final volume was added to a 1L extraction vessel with enough space in the neck to hold ~30ml of naphtha per pull. 60 grams NaOH was dissolved in 200ml H2O and added to the vinegar-chacruna tea. Upon basification, the color went from reddish-pink to baby barf green . A grand total of seven 30ml naptha pulls were done on the solution, combined, and put in the freezer for freeze precipitation. It is still in the freezer and will remain so until I find the time to filter-out the spice, weigh it, and then proceed to infuse it into passionflower leaf for inner exploration. As of yet the pulls have been siting in the freezer for ~3 hours and already a thick layer of fluffy white crystals with the same appearance of MHRB extract Xtals has begun to form on the bottom of the dish. Will update this log with the final weight of the crystals before changatizing them.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pinkoyd
#2 Posted : 8/23/2015 2:57:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

So you're doing naptha pulls directly from the concentrated acidic boils? Does that work without basification?

Will be interested to hear what your results are!

Your long strange trip has really just begun... Cool
I already asked Alice.

Godsmacker
#3 Posted : 8/23/2015 3:38:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OOOps, I miswrote! I basified with 60g NaOH before pulling Razz Pleased stewpid me!
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said

pinkoyd
#4 Posted : 8/23/2015 3:59:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No worries there bud. Just wondering if you knew something I didn't. Wut?

Will the passiflora leaf be fortified or straight? I'm thinking that could make quite a difference in the quality of the experience.
I already asked Alice.

Godsmacker
#5 Posted : 8/23/2015 10:25:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Passiflora leaf will be probably be the leaf and nothing but. Considering the nature of this source plant for the spice, IDK if i would want harmalas to exist in anything larger than trace amounts-I haven't experienced pure psychotria alkaloid yet and would probably want to just use leaf and alkaloid. That being said, I have found that enhanced leaf made with just pure passiflora leaf and DMT can induce a slightly elongated experience. Of course, I can always add additional harmalas (or soak some iso in passiflora leaf and evap for more goodies) if I see fit. PV's alkaloid content seems to be about the same as Mimosa Tenuiflora so idk if there would be much of a difference, but then again the placebo effect is the most powerful drug on the planet... we'll have to wait and see what happens...Big grin

Godsmacker
#6 Posted : 8/25/2015 4:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sooooo

I finally got around to scraping up the goodies. On one side of the freeze precip dish were little white snowflakes and on the other side a white chunky sandy-substance which stunk of spice. The total weight of the extract was somewhere around ~1.8 grams in total

Godsmacker
#7 Posted : 8/26/2015 2:25:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3.....2......1.....Neutral Surprised Very happy Laughing Shocked Big grin Very happy Big grin Surprised Thumbs up Cool

Houston, we have lift off

"Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air,
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss

Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I"

FLeP
#8 Posted : 8/26/2015 3:31:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice job, dude. P. viridis is definitely on my to-grow list.

pinkoyd
#9 Posted : 8/27/2015 4:05:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a very carefully crafted and eloquent sequence of smilies...
And quoting David Gilmour no less.

Musta been good! Very happy

I already asked Alice.