We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tai Chi / Qi Gong Options

Purges
#1 Posted : 8/11/2015 11:13:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Big grin

Recently I have been feeling drawn to studying one, or both of these practices. I used to do judo, which I was pretty good at, but my knees aren't in as good shape as I would like, and I am prone to headaches, and being thrown around doesn't help with that! So with that in mind, these stood out. I'm not looking to become some ass kicking meathead Stop

I would be keen to discuss and learn more about the benefits and pitfalls of each. I would also be interested. (of course) in delving into the use of plant medicine, seeing as all of the above affect us energetically.

Thanks,

P x
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

kerelsk
#2 Posted : 8/11/2015 4:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really have no ideas about this practice, but since you're looking into it, I suggest taking a look at the Zhuan Falun, and the Teachings of Falun Gong.

I was reading through the Zhuan Falun, not really able to digest a lot of what was being said, but there's definitely some interesting statements in that book.

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 8/11/2015 4:21:53 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Youtube channel dedicated to Qi Gong exercises: Alchemical Courtyard
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

xa
#4 Posted : 8/11/2015 5:18:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I practice Tai Chi, it's good for my knees...for all the body and mind, i can't explain deep because it's only 4 years of practice and for my poor english, it's a martial arts, it's vary good for me....if you can find a good school with a real teacher/master, you can't learn it by yourself or with video or books ;-)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

bub
#5 Posted : 10/5/2015 7:18:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Purges, hope you're good.

This has really helped me in my journey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzD4svzG9js

There is also a short session here which you can do in under 10 minutes once you learn the techniques:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-bNEpyN8Y

I've been working with Qi Gong for around 3 years. I was very active in thai boxing and martial arts like yourself but now I'm a little older I've slowed down. I find Qi Gong to be the perfect balance.

I've never attended classes and feel I've made great progess with the online courses: http://longwhitecloudqig...etween-heaven-and-earth/

Qi Gong has positively affected both my life and my hyperspace journeys.

Hope this helps.

Bub
taina naina nainí

travsha
#6 Posted : 10/5/2015 11:57:00 PM

Share Love ~

Recently drank San Pedro with a client in Peru.... He started doing really beautiful and fluid Tai Chi and did it for hours straight - he looked like he was a pro at it. Later in the night I mentioned how good he was at Tai Chi and he said he had never tried it before - San Pedro just showed him how to do it and he suddenly just knew it!

doodlekid
#7 Posted : 10/9/2015 12:14:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I practice Tai Ji for 6 years now. Gradually it's starting to become more real for me. Instead of just forms and movements, it starts to take root so that it actually has some application.

Not for fighting, it's very unreal to use it for fighting unless you already practice some kind of martial art that is capable for real street fights.

But for being able to manage forces through the body.

For example one of the movements is to pull something in front of you alongside and away. Now I have a attic staircase that you pull from the ceiling. In order to pull it back up again you first need to pull it toward you and this requires considerable force. Normally people do this with the arms and the body is just a counterweight to brace it. But with tai ji I tried the pull alongside technique and found that I could totally generate all force from my footsoles through the hips and leave the arms stretched out, so in other words that I used very little force for it and none came from the arms.

If you work with horses often they are stubborn and you need to pull them. When you know how to pull from the waist instead through the arms, they usually respond well. This too is cultivated with tai ji.

Another is that I juggle a lot and when the balls drop I tend to kick them up with my feet. Through tai ji practice I learned to concentrate on the other foot when kicking so that it transmits a force from my footsole through the leg and into the other so I can actually kick it much higher than before. These things require concentration but are some of the fruits you reap from consistent tai ji practice.

It often compare it to the way engineers calculate forces in structures, like bridges and use this to make the structure strong. If you now how to posit your body, that is all the bones, joints, muscles and tendons in such a way the forces through it encounter minimum resistance or kinks, then you have much more power to apply with less effort.