We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Marijuana and the "Night Visions" (Questions) Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 8/5/2015 7:11:38 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I think I saw a post about this somewhere a while ago, but I can't seem to find it, oh well...

Anyway, lately my girlfriend and I have both been experiencing closed eye "visions" after smoking marijuana. I've been smoking MJ for many many years and have never had this kind of effect unless I ate it.

Basically, we smoke before bed via an average/standard water bong. It is all good and great and then I close my eyes. The vision usually starts with a sea of oscillating...uh, fans? That is the best way to describe it. As if I am looking at a bunch of fan-like gears that don't interlock. They are all freestanding but rotating in the same direction but at different speeds and different colors. Mainly green, black, and purple. Prominently green. I guess it kind of resembles what it looks like to be viewing the world through night vision goggles. After "the fans" (for a 3 weeks now, my visions always start with the fans) the vision opens up and the fans give way to other things. The first time I noticed it, it looked as though I was watching two figures (roughly resembling Calvin and Hobbes) running through a woodland area. Just running and enjoying themselves, apparently...Wut?

My perspective was as if I was panning along with them at the speed that they were running. This vision would give way to another vision and so on. Except for the fans, they are always different. Last night, for instance, the vision was a door with a small blacked out window. The door would open a little bit and let a brilliant white light though but then would close before "I" could get any closer to see what was behind it. The visions would intensify and change rapidly until eventually it settles a bit and I fall asleep.

My girlfriend described her vision to me (is vision the right word? I don't know...Very happy ) last night as well. She said she was halfway between falling asleep and being awake (maybe hers was more of a semi lucid dream state) when she happened upon a female figure of some sort who did not allow her to see this figures face clearly. She said that the female figure was sitting at a table with what appeared to be a thanksgiving meal. But the female had "fire in her eyes" ... literally she said. Not that the female figure's face was on fire but that the eyes were made of fire. My girlfriend said she wasn't scared but that it was definitely weird. Wut?

These states of being are happening after smoking a bowl and laying down to get comfy and drift off but when my visions occur, I am fully aware of them and have even opened my eyes, got up and walked around only to come back to bed and pick up the vision where it left off...This is very strange. I am not worried, though. It has actually been mildly entertaining.

I have a theory as to what is happening besides my weed being more potent lately. Laughing

I have many smoking devices and many stems. Sometimes the weed stems and the changa stems get mixed up. I clean them fairly intensively before each use. The "flame and scrape" followed by the "alcohol attack" I call it. Heat up the residue so it scrapes off more easily. If I am not satisfied with it after that I grab my 99% iso and a cue tip and go to town.

Sometimes, I also sprinkle some free base harmalas onto the weed to potentiate the effects which has caused similar visions to occur. My stems are generally pretty clean though so I guess it could be miniscule amounts of DMT and harmala residue but that seems unlikely especially after cleaning with 99% iso.

So, I am not entirely sure what is happening but it is interesting. So I have a couple questions for you awesome people:

1.) Has this happened to you?

2.) Have you ever mixed Marijuana and free base harmalas extracted from syrian rue or other plants/seeds?

3.) Is this perhaps the first steps into the world of lucid dreaming?

4.) Is it possibly just an overactive imagination before bed intensified by MJ and possible harmala residue?

I do realize that MJ is psychedelic too but I have not had vivid visions occur on a daily basis like this.

Penny for your thoughts?

Thanks guys

Have a stellar day!

-The Grateful One-
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 8/5/2015 10:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Yes. I experience visuals quite frequently from cannabis. Wink Although not as frequently as they once were. Normally now I break off to restore some tolerance and enter once I feel refreshed. Then it's a big kick in the psychedelic rear! Very happy Especially if I chose an edible.

It sure wouldn't be the first step per say as the sole topic and world of lucid dreaming is vast, complex and different for everyone. And clearly folks have experienced mild-intense visuals/experiences from strong cannabis strains, doses, devices or certain S&S. It varies across many aspects. For me, cannabis suppresses most dream abilities (including lucidity) I'd normally have if I wasn't utilizing cannabis. However, I do find melatonin helps with dream recall/lucid dreaming, irrespective of whether I use cannabis or not. Cannabis alone can be a crutch for me if lucid dreaming is active in my mind.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

TGO
#3 Posted : 8/6/2015 12:22:27 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Quote:

Yes. I experience visuals quite frequently from cannabis. Wink Although not as frequently as they once were. Normally now I break off to restore some tolerance and enter once I feel refreshed. Then it's a big kick in the psychedelic rear! Very happy Especially if I chose an edible.

It sure wouldn't be the first step per say as the sole topic and world of lucid dreaming is vast, complex and different for everyone. And clearly folks have experienced mild-intense visuals/experiences from strong cannabis strains, doses, devices or certain S&S. It varies across many aspects. For me, cannabis suppresses most dream abilities (including lucidity) I'd normally have if I wasn't utilizing cannabis. However, I do find melatonin helps with dream recall/lucid dreaming, irrespective of whether I use cannabis or not. Cannabis alone can be a crutch for me if lucid dreaming is active in my mind.

According to my computer/time zone you posted at 4:20! Wut? Laughing

I used to take melatonin to help with my slight insomnia back in the day. It definitely made my dreams more colorful and vivid. I've never really tried to get into lucid dreaming although I do find the subject fascinating.

What I find strange is that these "visions" started becoming more pronounced after I first started experimenting with DMT. Whether or not those two things are related, I have no idea. Now that it is happening to my girlfriend too is interesting. I think I'll experiment more and see if I can influence these visions in any way. They are pretty mild compared to any other sort of psychedelic trip. As in, if I open my eyes and focus on anything else, it diminishes completely but then when I close them again...it all comes swirling back.

Smile

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 8/6/2015 12:28:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had the kinds of experiences you're describing from mixing harmalas with cannabis, yes. I once had a very psychedelic experience (including the visual imagery/visions you're describing) from eating a large amount of canna-coconut oil. Never from smoking it alone, however.

My first thought was of course, maybe there's some residue Smile But it sounds like you're really meticulous (a lot more than I am!) about keeping your pieces clean.

The only other suggestion I have is that you're noticing these effects from your usage of other psychedelics. I've noticed huge changes in the way I experience other substances after working extensively with Salvia. DMT for far less time but even so, I have also noticed changes from that as well. These differences are most apparent when I smoke cannabis. They don't include actual visuals or closed-eye visions but my headspace when stoned from cannabis is light-years different from when I used to smoke it say...ten years ago. I often get the strong Salvia gravity or pulling/pushing sensation when I take a big bong rip. I've even had experiences with entities from smoking too much cannabis Laughing Again, never visual but like how you would experience with lower doses of Salvia. A feeling that there's a presence there, pronounced bodily feelings identical to Salvia, all the way up to 'hearing' conversations (in a telepathic sort of fashion) between these entities.

So all that said perhaps your perceptions have been changed by your use of other substances so that when you smoke your bong hits before bed you are far more in tune to the effects, or the effects have literally changed from the use of these other substances. I know I find it quite entertaining as you also said, so it's not necessarily a bad thing Smile

My experience with lucid dreaming has been quite different so IMO I would say that no, this is something else entirely. But like was said lucid dreaming can be highly subjective; there are no hard and fast rules.

universecannon
#5 Posted : 8/6/2015 12:51:08 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Marijuana is full on psychedelic at high doses and underrated there, but the individual variation is very very great in that regard, much more so than with other psychedelics. And it can change over time in ones life quite a bit, like with all of these plants/substances.

I've never seen "night vision" with weed, but once I did watch my cat walk around with eyes closed in what seemed like thermal vision or something. I've had too many odd things happen to count while stoned, especially while drifting off into that hypnagogia state but many times with eyes open as well. The transformation of self/thought/reality/idea-perception matrixes, to make it sound really convoluted, have always been mind blowing.

Mixing cannabis with harmalas is incredible and helps a lot with the weed anxiety some of us get, and obviously enhances the psychedelic aspects. Having the cannabis experience (or lsd...or mushroom) change after encountering DMT is normal.

"4.) Is it possibly just an overactive imagination before bed intensified by MJ and possible harmala residue?"

I wouldn't be so quick to paint this in a trivial light... We have virtually no idea what the imagination even is. Or consciousness for that matter. Even if it isn't non-local in any way, the fact that it can get so incredibly deep and seamlessly shift into a completely realistic visual/perceptual mode is itself absolutely fascinating. Things shifting from being "imagined" to seen is very common ground with harmalas, especially with cannabis in the mix.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Sakkadelic
#6 Posted : 8/6/2015 1:40:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i too experience visions on cannabis but only when i'm alone, i smoke it using a cup and a straw, the things i see are mostly meaningless(at least to my current level of understanding) the visions keep changing rapidly and i can only remember the ones i try to focus on, one of the visions i remember clearly is a wooden box with a large balloon attached to it falling from the sky and there was red steel beams in the background...
the vision were more intense when i smoked large doses but only once every two weeks over a period of 3 months, i swear that each time felt 10 times stronger, maybe it's the right way to take cannabis.
when i drink/smoke harmalas then smoke cannabis, other than the visuals i get intense auditory hallucinations(maybe because i have tinnitus)
my theory is that one of the most important factors in cannabis high is the person smoking it, if you let it take over you it will show you it's power and if you're just doing it for fun it will give you fun.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

TGO
#7 Posted : 8/6/2015 2:41:11 AM

Welcoming committee

universecannon wrote:
Marijuana is full on psychedelic at high doses and underrated there, but the individual variation is very very great in that regard, much more so than with other psychedelics. And it can change over time in ones life quite a bit, like with all of these plants/substances.

I've never seen "night vision" with weed, but once I did watch my cat walk around with eyes closed in what seemed like thermal vision or something. I've had too many odd things happen to count while stoned, especially while drifting off into that hypnagogia state but many times with eyes open as well. The transformation of self/thought/reality/idea-perception matrixes, to make it sound really convoluted, have always been mind blowing.

Mixing cannabis with harmalas is incredible and helps a lot with the weed anxiety some of us get, and obviously enhances the psychedelic aspects. Having the cannabis experience (or lsd...or mushroom) change after encountering DMT is normal.

"4.) Is it possibly just an overactive imagination before bed intensified by MJ and possible harmala residue?"

I wouldn't be so quick to paint this in a trivial light... We have virtually no idea what the imagination even is. Or consciousness for that matter. Even if it isn't non-local in any way, the fact that it can get so incredibly deep and seamlessly shift into a completely realistic visual/perceptual mode is itself absolutely fascinating. Things shifting from being "imagined" to seen is very common ground with harmalas, especially with cannabis in the mix.

Marijuana is definitely psychedelic, there is no question there! It is just suddenly becoming more pronounced lately. I should clarify that by "night vision" I mean with my eyes closed, everything takes on a greenish hue/tint/color/whatever with black and purple mixed in...With eyes open, everything goes back to "normal" ...whatever "normal" is! Laughing Thermal vision is a good description...mine is kind of like a mix of the two. It is difficult to describe.

I've been experimenting more and more with "HarmaPot" or "Harmaweed" or "Rueweed" or "Syrian Surprise" (I don't know, I am trying to coin a term here I guess...any suggestions are welcome!!!) and I love the synergy between the two. It absolutely helps with anxiety/paranoia brought on by Mary.

The imagination is quite fascinating. The manifestation of thoughts and/or visions is indeed something that is beyond me. Beyond most people... I wonder what will happen when/if we discover what consciousness/imagination is or where it comes from. After that we could explore the aspects of what constitutes life and such...? Ha! I'm a little stoned as of now so I apologize if my logic is not linear or conclusive (I'm just typing as the thoughts pop into my goofy head! Pleased ).

m.Sakkadelic wrote:
i too experience visions on cannabis but only when i'm alone, i smoke it using a cup and a straw, the things i see are mostly meaningless(at least to my current level of understanding) the visions keep changing rapidly and i can only remember the ones i try to focus on, one of the visions i remember clearly is a wooden box with a large balloon attached to it falling from the sky and there was red steel beams in the background...
the vision were more intense when i smoked large doses but only once every two weeks over a period of 3 months, i swear that each time felt 10 times stronger, maybe it's the right way to take cannabis.
when i drink/smoke harmalas then smoke cannabis, other than the visuals i get intense auditory hallucinations(maybe because i have tinnitus)
my theory is that one of the most important factors in cannabis high is the person smoking it, if you let it take over you it will show you it's power and if you're just doing it for fun it will give you fun.

First, can you explain your setup? The cup and straw technique? I am unfamiliar but am very intrigued and am always open to learning new smoking methods! My mary visions have been mostly random as far as I can tell but they are entertaining nonetheless! They seem more like dreams. But I am awake. Smile

Metanoia wrote:
I've had the kinds of experiences you're describing from mixing harmalas with cannabis, yes. I once had a very psychedelic experience (including the visual imagery/visions you're describing) from eating a large amount of canna-coconut oil. Never from smoking it alone, however.

My first thought was of course, maybe there's some residue Smile But it sounds like you're really meticulous (a lot more than I am!) about keeping your pieces clean.

The only other suggestion I have is that you're noticing these effects from your usage of other psychedelics. I've noticed huge changes in the way I experience other substances after working extensively with Salvia. DMT for far less time but even so, I have also noticed changes from that as well. These differences are most apparent when I smoke cannabis. They don't include actual visuals or closed-eye visions but my headspace when stoned from cannabis is light-years different from when I used to smoke it say...ten years ago. I often get the strong Salvia gravity or pulling/pushing sensation when I take a big bong rip. I've even had experiences with entities from smoking too much cannabis Laughing Again, never visual but like how you would experience with lower doses of Salvia. A feeling that there's a presence there, pronounced bodily feelings identical to Salvia, all the way up to 'hearing' conversations (in a telepathic sort of fashion) between these entities.

So all that said perhaps your perceptions have been changed by your use of other substances so that when you smoke your bong hits before bed you are far more in tune to the effects, or the effects have literally changed from the use of these other substances. I know I find it quite entertaining as you also said, so it's not necessarily a bad thing Smile

My experience with lucid dreaming has been quite different so IMO I would say that no, this is something else entirely. But like was said lucid dreaming can be highly subjective; there are no hard and fast rules.

To be fair, I am lazier sometimes than I am letting on. Embarrased I don't always go at it with 99% iso but I do about 60% of the time! So the residue factor may indeed be part of it.

You make a lot of sense and I don't know why I neglected the fact that marijuana can sometimes bring back the effects of psychedelic trips. Or through use of psychedelics, it can potentiate the effects of maryjane. I've noticed the headspace difference too. Sometimes when I take a giant rip out of the bong, I get that rushy feeling like I am about to blast off like I do on a DMT journey. Sometimes I have to set the weed bong down because I am like, "whoa, I'm good...holy cow I'm all set on that for a minute!" Smile

Whatever is going on here, I am enjoying this exploration. And I want to thank all of you for your insight. This place (The Nexus and its wonderful inhabitants) always helps me make sense of what is seemingly nonsensical. I love it!

Love Love Love

Sakkadelic
#8 Posted : 8/6/2015 11:06:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well i always hated cigarettes even though i never smoked one, i smoke hash and i don't like the idea of mixing it with tobacco, i take a piece of hash around 250 mg(the hash i have is high quality) i fix it on top of a needle or any object that can stand and have pointing edge pointing upwards (you can put it on a coin but you'll have to flip it at the end) i put them on a flat dish and burn the hash when the whole piece is on fire i wait few seconds blow the fire and close on it with a regular size cup. the cup will fill rapidly with smoke you elevate the cup a little from one side and inhale all the smoke using a straw and hold it inside well, you keep doing this until no more smoke is coming out.
this way can be harsh on some people cz you're smoking pure hash but with time it'll get better and it's really strong cz you can barely take a breath between the tokes if you leave it without smoking, the rock will choke and you'll need to fire it again but this is not good.
if 2 people do it together it'll be perfect but they will need to make two consecutive cups, i tried to smoke 500 mg alone using this method i kept smoking it for 15 minutes and it was too strong
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

TGO
#9 Posted : 8/6/2015 2:34:24 PM

Welcoming committee

Ah, okay I see now! I've done dabs before but only out of a bong and they do pack quite a punch. The first time I did a dab I was at a friends party and it was so intense I almost fell down!

I just recently got moved into my new home so now I may experiment with making some hash too! Oh, the possibilities!

Smile

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 8/6/2015 4:40:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
According to my computer/time zone you posted at 4:20! Wut? Laughing

I used to take melatonin to help with my slight insomnia back in the day. It definitely made my dreams more colorful and vivid. I've never really tried to get into lucid dreaming although I do find the subject fascinating.

Laughing Thumbs up

My dreams have definitely taken an overall different tone since taking melatonin by itself. The colors are slightly altered, realistic, lucid and easier to recall, ime. Each dream state that comes its way from mixing mela and cannabis is somehow a little more sensitive within each frame of the dream, per say.

It's quite fascinating, my friend! Smile Experiencing or observing even the most subtle movements one can engage with during lucid dreaming can be psychedelic in itself. Being able to express, think and control your movement during lucid dreams is quite like nothing else. It's as if the automatic dream realm has slowed down to a manual halt and one can see clearer than before. Being aware in both our dream/wake cycles and improving ourselves through these passages is beneficial on many levels. Although our choices during lucid dream states are not always the aspects we wish to learn, see, hear, touch, taste or feel. Wink
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

null24
#11 Posted : 8/6/2015 5:52:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Oh most definitely. Marijuana is my most useful ( and used) tool in my visionary toolbox. And the method you described, adding harmalas, and smoking before bed is very conducive to it's visionary properties.

Marijuana negatively affects my dreaming, or my recall of it, at least. However, when i smoke prior to bed, as i have for 30 years lol, i enter into the hypnogogic ( or -pompic, i get them confused, one is entering sleep, the other wakefulness.) state and can make use of it in a manner similar to what i imagine lucid dreaming is like .

I think it's funny when people question marijuana's visionary ability. When you smoke cannabis with over 20% thc content and high ratios of the other active cannabinoids and terpenes, well, there's no question. Take a trip to one of the states that has legalized it and check out some of the strains available, you may be surprised at what little old pot can do.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

TGO
#12 Posted : 8/6/2015 6:22:05 PM

Welcoming committee

Visionary? Absolutely! Very happy

I was thinking (oh no!) about my marijuana endeavors and I realized something. Up until recently, MJ has been mostly a change in head space for me unless I had eaten an edible. I can find some pretty decent strains around here but I am not in a "legal" state so I probably don't know what I am missing!

Big grin

Nowadays, I get intense head changes with a mixture of slightly wavy floors and walls/ceilings. That is with MJ alone. The harmalas really make for an interesting time. It adds some colorful perspectives to the mix. I'm thinking about taking my next bag of green, taking a few grams out, and actually infusing the nuggets with the free base harmalas. This way it will hopefully burn a bit smoother. I've just been sprinkling it on there as of now because I've been busy getting settled into my new place and haven't had any time for anything else really...

On another note, I can barely recall my dreams too. I smoke MJ every night so I wonder if that is the the culprit. It seems likely. But no matter, really! I love "little old pot" Smile

#13 Posted : 8/7/2015 12:59:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I experience very similar visuals/visions to what you're describing The Grateful One. For me, after I started working with DMT and other entheos at sufficient dosages and getting neck deep in these experiences, they quickly shifted my experiences with cannabis. When I was taking harmalas often, they also added quite a bit as far as 'sensitivity' to the cannabis experience goes.

Some of the more potent sativas for me, when id smoke at night time, they would catapult me quickly into these intense closed eye realms - purples/greens/yellowwhites. Initially when this started, it was very basic in terms of what was being presented as far as CEVs go; nothing too distinguishable. After about a year or two of having had several very overwhelming smoked DMT experiences and several DMT brews and a few overwhelming mushroom experiences - the experiences with cannabis quickly gained momentum and vividness; many degrees more intense than when I initially started working with committed dosages of DMT, mushrooms, oral brews, etc. Something definitely got stuck open. Razz

For the past few years up til now, if I smoke cannabis at night and close my eyes, there's typically highly intricate purples/violet, greens, yellowwhites, essentially the same colors as before, but much more defined and ordered. The colors start out forming spinning tubes with flanges spinning off of those, broken into intermittent periods where that all subsides pretty quickly and im in a sort of '3rd person' or '1st person', and like you said - im either running along a forest trail, climbing a mountain, with various people doing various activities, or witnessing something fairly unrelated but still very much 'a scene'. Such as one time I was very clearly sitting around a table on a boat and we were all playing cards; I got up to walk up above on deck and was looking off towards the mountains in the distance, and the feelings associated were pretty overwhelming; almost like a deja vu mixed with a strong form of contentment, but highly amplified.

Now, if I smoke before bed, within like say a half hour or so, these visuals/visions I described above will turn many degrees stronger. Hypnagogia comes on within a minute or so and quickly gains momentum and the visual/visions aspect from the cannabis lightens up the hypnagogic people, places and scenes; like someones switching out their flashlight with a spotlight. The hypnagogia becomes very vivid and concise - basically like I have one foot in dreaming and one foot in waking and total awareness of this. This is during when dreams for me start to form in pieces and parts. I can typically hold onto this state for awhile; but then I usually fall off of my awareness of this experience and become fully enveloped in dream. Cannabis though allows me to become much more involved while im lying there. But yeah, all those spinning tubes and flanges and scenery typically will give way and merge into the hypnagogic state/pre dream.

FloorFan
#14 Posted : 8/7/2015 2:30:46 AM

Off, Low, Medium, or High?

Not sure what post you were referring to, but a couple years ago I posted about visions I started getting In This Post.

I get those fan gear thingys to. Some times when I get up in the middle of the night or have to wake up early I see these very thin whispy blades of light the all rotate in opposite direction overlaying one another. I don't necessarily have had to smoke to see them either. I see them with open eyes too. They fade within minutes as I come out of sleepy-headedness.

But anyway, yes I get night vision when I smoke a good size bowl before bed too! They can get pretty sprawling and cosmic. Or they can just be a scene. Nothing on the level of DMT or other stronger hallucinogen, but definitely not a dream.
* Everything I write is made up tripe: whispers of wind coming off the blades in my face for I am a fictional man with a floor fan for a brain pan.

Say something to my face, I have no choice, but to replace my reply, with your Darth Vader voice!

Metanoia
#15 Posted : 8/7/2015 3:46:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
On another note, I can barely recall my dreams too. I smoke MJ every night so I wonder if that is the the culprit.

Almost certainly the culprit. When I stopped using cannabis for a couple years my dreams became way more vivid, it was way easier to become lucid, and my dream recall was incredibly sharp. I started working with a lot of plants used for dreaming and now my dreams are beyond amazing, pretty much every night. Even while I'm smoking cannabis Smile There is a huge difference when you stop smoking for a few months though, definitely.

TGO
#16 Posted : 8/7/2015 4:38:16 PM

Welcoming committee

Tattvamasi wrote:
I experience very similar visuals/visions to what you're describing The Grateful One. For me, after I started working with DMT and other entheos at sufficient dosages and getting neck deep in these experiences, they quickly shifted my experiences with cannabis. When I was taking harmalas often, they also added quite a bit as far as 'sensitivity' to the cannabis experience goes.

Some of the more potent sativas for me, when id smoke at night time, they would catapult me quickly into these intense closed eye realms - purples/greens/yellowwhites. Initially when this started, it was very basic in terms of what was being presented as far as CEVs go; nothing too distinguishable. After about a year or two of having had several very overwhelming smoked DMT experiences and several DMT brews and a few overwhelming mushroom experiences - the experiences with cannabis quickly gained momentum and vividness; many degrees more intense than when I initially started working with committed dosages of DMT, mushrooms, oral brews, etc. Something definitely got stuck open. Razz

For the past few years up til now, if I smoke cannabis at night and close my eyes, there's typically highly intricate purples/violet, greens, yellowwhites, essentially the same colors as before, but much more defined and ordered. The colors start out forming spinning tubes with flanges spinning off of those, broken into intermittent periods where that all subsides pretty quickly and im in a sort of '3rd person' or '1st person', and like you said - im either running along a forest trail, climbing a mountain, with various people doing various activities, or witnessing something fairly unrelated but still very much 'a scene'. Such as one time I was very clearly sitting around a table on a boat and we were all playing cards; I got up to walk up above on deck and was looking off towards the mountains in the distance, and the feelings associated were pretty overwhelming; almost like a deja vu mixed with a strong form of contentment, but highly amplified.

Now, if I smoke before bed, within like say a half hour or so, these visuals/visions I described above will turn many degrees stronger. Hypnagogia comes on within a minute or so and quickly gains momentum and the visual/visions aspect from the cannabis lightens up the hypnagogic people, places and scenes; like someones switching out their flashlight with a spotlight. The hypnagogia becomes very vivid and concise - basically like I have one foot in dreaming and one foot in waking and total awareness of this. This is during when dreams for me start to form in pieces and parts. I can typically hold onto this state for awhile; but then I usually fall off of my awareness of this experience and become fully enveloped in dream. Cannabis though allows me to become much more involved while im lying there. But yeah, all those spinning tubes and flanges and scenery typically will give way and merge into the hypnagogic state/pre dream.

<emphasis = mine>

First off, your post is amazing! Your descriptions are, as always, spot on! Smile I've definitely been going deeper and deeper with DMT lately and it is clearly starting to affect/synergize with my Marijuana use.

The bold section is exactly what I am talking about. Beautiful! I love the description of having one foot in each realm with total awareness. That is what I find strange. I am completely aware of what is happening and have all my wits about me and yet there are scenes and images unfurling before my eyes for a while...and then I usually drift off into sleep. I am glad that this is relatable to so many of you!

Smile

TGO
#17 Posted : 8/7/2015 4:48:16 PM

Welcoming committee

FloorFan wrote:
Not sure what post you were referring to, but a couple years ago I posted about visions I started getting In This Post.

I get those fan gear thingys to. Some times when I get up in the middle of the night or have to wake up early I see these very thin whispy blades of light the all rotate in opposite direction overlaying one another. I don't necessarily have had to smoke to see them either. I see them with open eyes too. They fade within minutes as I come out of sleepy-headedness.

But anyway, yes I get night vision when I smoke a good size bowl before bed too! They can get pretty sprawling and cosmic. Or they can just be a scene. Nothing on the level of DMT or other stronger hallucinogen, but definitely not a dream.

Not exactly the post I was looking for but extremely interesting nonetheless! And wow! Your visions seemed much more in-depth and introspective than what I have been experiencing as of late! Intense! Thanks for sharing!

TGO
#18 Posted : 8/7/2015 4:56:27 PM

Welcoming committee

Metanoia wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:
On another note, I can barely recall my dreams too. I smoke MJ every night so I wonder if that is the the culprit.

Almost certainly the culprit. When I stopped using cannabis for a couple years my dreams became way more vivid, it was way easier to become lucid, and my dream recall was incredibly sharp. I started working with a lot of plants used for dreaming and now my dreams are beyond amazing, pretty much every night. Even while I'm smoking cannabis Smile There is a huge difference when you stop smoking for a few months though, definitely.

Perhaps in the future I will take some time off and experiment with that more but for now I really enjoy my evening toke! Big grin

I've noticed that even taking a day or two off is enough to make a difference in effects.

"Oh, the thinks you can think"...about Marijuana! Very happy Big grin Laughing

Love

Sakkadelic
#19 Posted : 9/2/2015 10:37:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to share a picture of the cup method Smile
It will be useful if u don't a have a bong, pipe or paper...
My pictures get rotated most of the times
Sakkadelic attached the following image(s):
20150811_192146.jpg (1,300kb) downloaded 163 time(s).

Lichen
#20 Posted : 9/3/2015 12:05:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I'm very sensitive to cannabis and will have open and closed eye visuals much like you describe. I will normally get the fan-like, rotating objects -like you describe- but also a lot of 'checkboarding' - sometimes with letters or glyphs within the checkboards (much more rare).

One time I smoked some insanely strong Butane Honey Oil in a joint with some regular potency weed while watching "Bill Hicks - Sane Man" and I was having multiple layers of hallucinations superimposed over the screen while I was trying to watch.

First layer was the 'spinny-things', the second layer was my brains interpretation of the patterns within the grainyness of the low quality video - ie, lots of paradolia in the noise of the image.

The third layer is much harder to describe, but also far more well known - it is essentially the phenomenon that occurs when real objects -actual objects in your surroundings- take on a different appearance/different visual interpretation mostly stemming from the imagination.

This is like paradolia X 1000. Like when the side of a charred log in a campfire, forms square-shaped cracks and, if you are baked enough, it appears exactly like the bricks of a castle. Or in this case, I'm watching Bill Hicks on stage, but his face, with a bit of concentration, looks very much like someone else, and the stage he stands upon, looks very much like the deck of a ship. It's very hard to explain, but I feel it's something everyone would have experienced at some point.

Eventually these overlapping layers of hallucinations culminated in this crazy scene with what looked like a room inside The Simpsons' house, and Bart Simpson would walk into the room and start spinning like a top - just a blur of colours. Not exactly the most sophisticated vision, I know.

Then it would loop over and over again. I would keep pushing it (like one does in a lucid dream) to stop it from looping but it was to no avail.

Eventually it was getting all too much, my body was twitching like crazy and I was feeling anxiety over it. I was quite concerned I would have a seizure (I had a random grand mal seizure a year or so prior, totally unrelated to cannabis) so I went to bed.

Laying in bed, still twitching all over and still very visual - I eventually saw an enormous 2D intricate mandala, chrysanthemum-type shape (I had never smoked dmt before at this point in my life) and slowly these large triangular petals started opening up in 3D from the inside revealing absolute blackness beyond. Blacker than black. Completely black compared to regular blackness behind close eyelids.

It startled me so much, I immediately jolted and opened my eyes in a bit of a panic. I didn't have any more visions that night - they abruptly stopped right there.

--

Just recently however I had a very strange experience. I smoked some very strong pure Sativa (Pure Super Silver Haze) and had a lot of very detailed visions when laying in bed soon afterwards. It's content was actually very disturbing. But detail-wise it was far more like my LSD visuals - photographic, video-like, pictures of people I know, as opposed to geometric patterns and colours. A lot of unpleasant intrusive images of horrible things happening to the people I care about the most, and bizarre juxtapositions of faces of dead friends 'stickering' to cover up unpleasant images - it was horrible. It was like my mind had completely turned on me, and was showing me distressing scenarios and then when I acknowledged that I didn't like it, it tried to cover it all up with even more painful images.

2.) Have you ever mixed Marijuana and free base harmalas extracted from syrian rue or other plants/seeds?

Nope, I've never used harmalas Sad

This might be the first steps into lucid dreaming, however I find with cannabis I have very very little control over the visions, if any at all. They are more like tuning in to a certain broadcast, and just having to watch the show, as opposed to controlling the visions and becoming a part of it.

That being said, external things, -like music- can change the form and tone of the visuals.

Lucid dreaming does not feel like watching images, it feels like reality. In fact, the dream world is indistinguishable from reality.

4.) Is it possibly just an overactive imagination before bed intensified by MJ and possible harmala residue?

I say to everyone, don't underestimate the power of cannabis - for me, it is a strong albeit short lasting psychedelic. Although I have no experience with harmalas, I think harmala residue would definately increase it's psychedelic effects.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

12NEXT