We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First timer, dosage n evap question? Options

pi
#1 Posted : 9/15/2009 3:25:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hi,

SWIM is a trying the Noman STB extraction for the first time with only 30gms of MHRB and using chloroform as a solvent. My questions are

a) Is it ohk if he evaporates all the chloroform and smokes whats left behind or is it necessary to freeze n wait for flakes.

b) In any case evap/freezing wen he does evap da remainder of the solvent and get whats left behind is it necessary to give it a ammonia wash, because he does not wish to lose any since he is afraid as it is hes going to get a small yield.

c) This might be too far ahead but what would be the dosage, if SWIM only evaps n smokes wats left behind.

Thank you in advance.

>Somebody pls help SWIM wants to take his first hit of the spirit molecule tonite, hes waited real long for this and this is the reason why hes eager to skip the freezing step.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 9/15/2009 4:39:42 PM

The Great Namah

Naphtha is usually the solvent of choice because it pulls out mainly N,N DMT and mimosa has a lot more alkaloids in it that can affect a voyage. I'm not sure, but I belive that chloroform will pull out alot more than just DMT.

I also do not believe you can freeze precipitate with chloroform, it can hold just too much spice. naphtha is used because it can only hold so much DMT, and when it is cooled down is becomes supersaturated and the DMT must fall out.

I have no idea what you will be left with if using chloroform, you may have a type of "Jungle Spice" that is more potent than pure DMT...

Do not do an ammonia wash unless you enjoy lossing 10-20% of your yield. Please look up "washing spice" if you feel you need to clean it up. Even better would be recrystalizing from heptane or naphtha. This can be freeze precipitated for very clean dmt.

If recrystaling a normal dosage would be between 30-60mgs.

Please take a look around the form and esp Wiki as most of your questions can be answered there. At least take a look at the basics of DMT.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

pi
#3 Posted : 9/15/2009 4:58:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thank you for the quick reply,

Actually SWIM was too eager to try tonight, but now i guess he will wait till morning to find himself some Naptha, unless somebody can guide him to a workaround with the materials he has now Smile. SWIM can get hold of a can of zippo lighter fluid would that be good enough for taking the pulls or washing the "jungle spice" acolon suggested he might end up with?

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 9/15/2009 5:48:25 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Chloroform also sinks to the bottom, just like DCM and unlike naphtha.

This means you'll need some modified strategies if you use choroform, i.e. don't go STB, have a separatory funnel, etc.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

GratefulDad
#5 Posted : 9/15/2009 6:19:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure about the chloroform, but the ammonia wash is optional, and might only be necessary if the spice is extremely harsh. SWIM does a polar wash to the solvent, rather than the crystals, which ensures little to no loss in yield if done properly, however, with such a small amount of MHRB, it's probably too little to mess around with, as one will be lucky to get a half a gram, if that.