We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Harmalas extraction-syrian rue (by SAKKADELIC) Options

Sakkadelic
#61 Posted : 9/24/2015 10:01:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The best results i got were after doing acid-base-acid-base-water wash-acid-manske-base with minimal amount of lye-water wash
It looked very pure and almost white, too bad i don't have pictures i gave it to a friend to make changa
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#62 Posted : 9/25/2015 12:35:55 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Okay, so I weighed my FB harmalas and it came out to 11 grams so far. I have more harmalas from this extraction after basing the original boils for a second time. If I were to estimate, I'm guessing the total yield will be anywhere from 15-20g freebase harmalas from 300g whole syrian rue seeds...I will post the actual final yield in a couple days when I am completely done with this extraction and have exhausted the starting material! Here is a pic:

Edit: Not the greatest yield (but I'm not complaining) and also the flash from my camera made the harmalas look whiter than they actually are. It is more of a light tan than white.
TGO attached the following image(s):
harmalas fb jpeg.jpg (2,011kb) downloaded 341 time(s).
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Sakkadelic
#63 Posted : 9/25/2015 9:38:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They look good, good work Smile i once was out of vinegar at midnight and needed a little more so i used apple vinegar and the solution turned dark and the freebase was brown i was working on a small quantity trying to determine how much was left after the main extraction and i threw it away.
so the only problem u had was not basifying enough?
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

TGO
#64 Posted : 9/25/2015 3:29:44 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Sakkadelic wrote:
They look good, good work Smile i once was out of vinegar at midnight and needed a little more so i used apple vinegar and the solution turned dark and the freebase was brown i was working on a small quantity trying to determine how much was left after the main extraction and i threw it away.
so the only problem u had was not basifying enough?

Thanks! Cool

Yes, I believe my main issue was not keeping track of the pH throughout which led to the accidental discarding of alkaloids, likely during the basing steps. I am glad that I kept the liquid from the original boils, because there was/is alkaloids left over.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Sakkadelic
#65 Posted : 9/26/2015 10:56:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm trying this method on another non active plant and while working i got this idea to make it somehow cleaner and use less toxic materials(lye).
So let's say we did the acidic boils and some simple filtering (metallic mesh and cotton bag like jees proposed) then we basify and wait for settling. now we poor the high ph water but we don't discard it since we can use it to basify again using very little more lye if needed (when doing the normal extraction i noticed that i use less lye in the later steps of basifying) and of course we can filter this basic solution before using it to make it more clean.
if the basic water of the first base phase is not clean enough we use the second one....
I haven't tested it yet but it seems good to me maybe there is something wrong i'm missing...
So what do you think guys?

ganesh
#66 Posted : 9/26/2015 11:47:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mmmm
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

Sakkadelic
#67 Posted : 9/26/2015 11:54:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look dude i u haven't noticed i wrote this tek i got high and clean yields from the first time i tried it and that's why i wrote it and i'm pretty much aware of what i'm doing. what we are trying here is to make it better

ganesh
#68 Posted : 9/26/2015 12:00:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Look dude i u haven't noticed i wrote this tek i got high and clean yields from the first time i tried it and that's why i wrote it and i'm pretty much aware of what i'm doing. what we are trying here is to make it better

Lye isn't problematical whatsoever in the residual amounts of a proper tek. You arent improving anything, just making it longer winded.

Sakkadelic
#69 Posted : 9/26/2015 12:25:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why did u delete ur comment and only left "Mmmm" i really don't know much about lye and sodium toxicity or how much is left in the product but as u can see a lot of people don't like to use it and the other replacement such as sodium carbonate which needs some work before use (heating in stove on a specific temp) and it doesn't work that well as we saw in what TGO did so it might be an improvement to someone who is worried about using much lye

ganesh
#70 Posted : 9/26/2015 12:36:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Why did u delete ur comment and only left "Mmmm" i really don't know much about lye and sodium toxicity or how much is left in the product but as u can see a lot of people don't like to use it and the other replacement such as sodium carbonate which needs some work before use (heating in stove on a specific temp) and it doesn't work that well as we saw in what TGO did so it might be an improvement to someone who is worried about using much lye

Good points. Sorry i edited previous post cos i was stating the obvious, that the biggest issues were 1, getting the alkaloids out of the seeds as efficiently as possible, and 2, proper base use, and proper use of various purification teks/mankse, on offer in the wiki.

You offer a 'tek', as in use a microwave to extract whole seeds, but that's all- the rest is a copy of any of the other teks on offer from other people. Not everyone has a microwave, and lye is easier to obtain and probably better to use, than sodium carbonate.

A decent few boils of seeds in sufficient water with proper wringing out or mashing should get all the alks out of the seeds, microwave or not. And decent washing of product should yield a pure enough result where Naoh isn't a justifiable cause of any concern, especially in the typical tiny doses required in experiments.

In fact you could say use a microwave, or boil, and mash seeds, 3 times, etc to get a clean extract, then follow whichever tek on the wiki.Twisted Evil

Just my 2 cents Wink

Sakkadelic
#71 Posted : 9/26/2015 12:53:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For people who think this method is not an improvement
"use a microwave, or boil, and mash seeds, 3 times, etc to get a clean extract, then follow whichever tek on the wiki."
Thank u ganesh for ponting this out Smile

ganesh
#72 Posted : 9/26/2015 1:59:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
For people who think this method is not an improvement
"use a microwave, or boil, and mash seeds, 3 times, etc to get a clean extract, then follow whichever tek on the wiki."
Thank u ganesh for ponting this out Smile

Well, it IS an improvement on the INITIAL liquid extraction phase, the rest follows known protocol. I'm offering praise where due, but in sincerity, there is no limit to improvements especially purity. All at the cost of time, materials, and of course yield.

Your first post was excellent. I just don't know why you then bother using Sodium Carbonate instead. I know some pple like using it, but personally i believe they are misguided doing so.Thumbs up

Sakkadelic
#73 Posted : 9/26/2015 2:22:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never used sodium carbonate or said that it should be used. to me the only ideas i added was going for whole seeds which reduced a lot of work to get a pure product, mashing and applying force to drain seeds there is also a good reduction of time...
the only thing i changed in the original post was the freeze/thaw after each boil

Jees
#74 Posted : 9/26/2015 4:33:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesh wrote:
...A decent few boils of seeds in sufficient water with proper wringing out or mashing should get all the alks out of the seeds, microwave or not...

Well, the jury is still out there how much the micro's can contribute:
link

It could be an academic truth without much practically impact, yet it might do more.
Even if micro's lead to same amount of product but in a shorter (economic) time and/or power input then this is already worth something.

Sakkadelic
#75 Posted : 9/26/2015 4:35:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Finally i got the rue 1 kilo from Iran for 1.75$ Big grin
Sakkadelic attached the following image(s):
20150926_183122.jpg (2,234kb) downloaded 233 time(s).

Jees
#76 Posted : 9/26/2015 4:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:

Blessed be Confused
Don't forget to thank the desert spirits that build them seed units.

ganesh
#77 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:34:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:

Huh?

$ 1.75....Seriously....any clues as to from where??

Please. Smile

Sakkadelic
#78 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My grand parents were in Iran doing religious things and i asked them to buy some for me, it's really that cheap there and the quality is good. the first batch my mother got it for me from there too Smile

Jees
#79 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:45:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Strange, someone had to tilt the whole room for letting a bag to rest in the hand.
Laughing

ganesh
#80 Posted : 9/26/2015 5:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
My grand parents were in Iran doing religious things and i asked them to buy some for me, it's really that cheap there and the quality is good. the first batch my mother got it for me from there too Smile

Well done for asking for some. It's amazing how cheap these plants are at source. I bet the main vendors get them at similar rates too.

«PREV23456NEXT»