We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is 5-MEO-DMT just as harsh to vape as N-N? Options

Aweems
#1 Posted : 7/31/2015 1:13:58 AM

Wisdom

Losing my 5-MeO vieginity thos weekend..
Thought I'd get some prep advice on 10mg.
I want to go into this as soothing as possible, just using a glass "meth" pipe for administration at the moment sadly, still need to get a gvg.
"You didn't ask for this, You didn't mean to.. It was all in the timing. This come to, this realization."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

anrchy
#2 Posted : 7/31/2015 1:45:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never dosed meo, but nn is never harsh to me. Usually if it is your burning it.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

jamie
#3 Posted : 7/31/2015 2:06:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

6-7 mg literally blew my mind away into infinite light..I did not even really feel the inhalation..just like 3 seconds after inhaling I knew something really powerful was happening and then I was gone.

Please, have a sitter for your first time with 5-MeO-DMT...trust me. This stuff dwarfs DMT in it's ability to obliterate you. DMT can do it but it takes much more and so there is more room to wade around in between here and there. With meo just a couple mg's can take away all idea of self IME.

I was alone when I had my first meo light out a few months ago, and it really frightened me coming back realizing I had no idea who I was, what I was, where I was, why I was..or that I was at all. Have a person there and make sure they are ready for that to take place.
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#4 Posted : 7/31/2015 2:55:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I second much of what Jamie said. 10mg is really high to start. I also did 5mg on my first time, and within about 2 seconds of inhalation, it already felt too powerful. The sensations on this chemical are of instantaneously epic proportions. Start lower than 10mg. You'll thank yourself later.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Nathanial.Dread
#5 Posted : 7/31/2015 3:12:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Question for those experienced with 5-MeO: it seems like it does a pretty good job annihilating the ego, do you think (and this might be reckless) it could be better to overshoot rather than undershoot. If it's as powerful as you say, I feel like, by a certain dose, you'd just get blasted away. Nothing left to feel fear or misery.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Aweems
#6 Posted : 8/2/2015 3:32:45 AM

Wisdom

How does one know if they are burning the n-n??
In a simple glass pipe, waving the lighter underneath until it vaporizes into a brown oil.
It's almost like burnt plastic, so hard on the lungs. One literally threw away 500mg...
One might just have to get a gvg sooner than later.
"You didn't ask for this, You didn't mean to.. It was all in the timing. This come to, this realization."

Aweems
#7 Posted : 8/2/2015 3:33:35 AM

Wisdom

I think I might start at 5-6mg for the meo.

jamie
#8 Posted : 8/2/2015 4:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Question for those experienced with 5-MeO: it seems like it does a pretty good job annihilating the ego, do you think (and this might be reckless) it could be better to overshoot rather than undershoot. If it's as powerful as you say, I feel like, by a certain dose, you'd just get blasted away. Nothing left to feel fear or misery.

Blessings
~ND

I don't feel comfortable suggesting anyone overshoot with 5-MeO-DMT personally..or even suggesting any dose because it seems to differ between people.I have heard of some people loosing it with just 2mg..and yeah 2 mg is an active dose you bet and can feel quite energetically pushy but was for me not anywhere near the level of 6mg..Be careful with this molecule. Taking it is a decision you(or whoever) needs to make on they're own.
Long live the unwoke.

Nathanial.Dread
#9 Posted : 8/2/2015 5:40:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aweems wrote:
In a simple glass pipe, waving the lighter underneath until it vaporizes into a brown oil.
It's almost like burnt plastic, so hard on the lungs. One literally threw away 500mg...

If the material turns black or brown, or is noticeably foul tasting or hard on the lungs, you know you're messing it up. When vaporized, DMT should have a pretty mild, somewhat floral smell.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Global
#10 Posted : 8/2/2015 1:18:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Aweems wrote:

If the material turns black or brown, or is noticeably foul tasting or hard on the lungs, you know you're messing it up. When vaporized, DMT should have a pretty mild, somewhat floral smell.

Blessings
~ND

In addition, burnt DMT may tend to provide undesirable side-effects such as nausea, a "marble in the throat" , incredibly fast experiences as if in fast-forward, and an unpleasant experience and ethos in general.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

wesker
#11 Posted : 8/3/2015 2:37:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also burned my throat using one crack pipe and a light bulb, is like trying to smoke hell, now I use an average weed pipe with a steel wool inserted in it, and every attempt to smoke is a breakthrough (if i want to)
"If I dont know you, you don´t exist."

null24
#12 Posted : 8/3/2015 3:41:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Blessings
~ND

Well, that depends. For someone like you, who is both experienced with psychedelics, and who respects them and the potential they hold, then by all means yes- I'm talking to a friend at the moment who pointed this post out, and he tells me in regards to a recent n,n DMT experience that if it were not for the fact that the dose was a tad overshot, that it would have been impossible to let go into the white light and be annihilated. It was a trying thing for him nonetheless, but the experience was valuable for it's intensity, which was directly related to the amount of fuel in the tank.

In the other post today on this subject, I said something to the effect that one must be prepared for something that is impossible to be prepared for if one is attempting a full annihilation through 5meo DMT, or any entheogen. If you have the right environment and people around to do it, or feel very sure of yourself ( ha ha ha ) to do it then do. Dying is good for you, and damn good practice for the real thing.

But other than total preparedness to do just that, then don't mess with it at all.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

brilliantlydim
#13 Posted : 8/4/2015 5:55:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Blessings
~ND

Short answer:

I believe for some people yes. I think you are right, with a high enough dose you don't have a chance to be afraid. It's too fast, too intense, and you have no opportunity to fight it.

Long answer:

My first entheogenic experience (smoked weed and tried mushrooms recreationally a couple times years ago) was with the bufo toad venom in which the main psychoactive component is 5-MeO-DMT. That was this March, so it is relatively recent to me. I smoked 100mg of the venom which equates to anywhere from 10mg to 25mg of 5-MeO. From the experience that I had and what I have read, I would guess it was in the 15-20mg range. It was a complete experience in every sense of the word.

I am glad it was a large dose and although I had done my research prudently before the event, I really had no idea the magnitude or intensity of what I was about to witness. Had I a smaller dose, who knows when I would have worked up the courage to take the next jump.

I am not sure if I will ever take that jump again, but right now I feel like I don't need to. Right now I feel like it gave me everything it wanted to, everything I needed from it. I connected directly and became one with the infinite intelligence of the universe. What better feeling is that?

I understand not wanting to advise people to "over shoot" or take the big jump right away, and I can see how some people can't or aren't ready to handle it (although it seems that almost all still make it out with positive results). But if the universe is telling you its time, then... well I did and it was the best, craziest, and most influential experience of my life (besides probably or maybe equal to conception).

A little side note, and sorry for all the text, but I'm generally (or was) an indecisive person. I often find it tough to hammer down a decision and usually contemplate deeply and experience quite a bit of anxiety before an important one. But when the opportunity came up for me to do this, I didn't have to think much about it. Next thing you know I was in a different country, with a crack pipe full of toad venom in my mouth. I say this just to accentuate the idea of going with the flow when the universe is telling you to do something. And only you can know if its time or right to do. I could have asked everyone of the people I know if I should do it and they would have all said no, but I knew it was right for me at that time, and by golly it was the rightest thing and the timest time.

Again sorry for all the text, hope this helps you make your decision no matter what it is you decide.

brilliantlydim
#14 Posted : 8/4/2015 6:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah I wanted to say also that you definitely should have sitter and be somewhere secluded where you can yell and scream. You may move around quite a bit, you may yell. I screamed at the top of my lungs for 5 minutes straight.

My sitter who has ample experience with the ritual had told a story of one girl having the experience and the sitter also took the medicine. During her trip she got up and jumped into a lake and drowned.

You can definitely be up and about, but completely in another world with this stuff.