We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[SURVEY] Connectedness with Nature following psychedelic experiences Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 7/22/2015 8:55:41 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dear members,

Towards the end of Bancopuma's talk at the Breaking Ceonvention, David Luke spoke about a survey on ecodelics, or psychedelics and nature (relevant to the topic of Bancopuma's talk):

Survey wrote:
We would like to invite you to take part in a study investigating psychedelic substance users' connectedness with Nature following psychedelic experiences.

This study is being conducted by Dr David Luke, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, and Steliana Yanakieva, Research Assistant, at the University of Greenwich.

Please help out by taking part in the Survey:
https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_7NT0bngfblsTvBX

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 7/22/2015 9:27:38 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Awesome! Count me in! I just had a rather pleasant changa experience out in nature earlier today!

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 7/22/2015 9:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing Mr Traveler. An interesting area, the intersection of psychedelics and nature. Survey only takes a little over 5 mins or so to complete, and any input from peeps I'm sure would be much appreciated...David Luke was the guy who got us Nexus peeps a speakers slot at Breaking Convention. Smile

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 7/22/2015 9:54:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always like taking surveys like this, took me less than ten minutes. Smile

VIII
#5 Posted : 7/23/2015 1:45:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link. Nice to see these getting shared on here Smile
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 7/23/2015 8:51:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I liked this study as it was well designed with only one or two problematic items.

Also, its very good to see that this is getting more researched. I'd like it if you would take the time to participate.

GoldenEye
#7 Posted : 7/30/2015 3:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The study wasn't really designed for people that feel like their psych use had no impact on how they feel about nature. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I know nothing of social research and questionaire design, but this one didn't seem too good to me.

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 7/30/2015 5:16:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The study wasn't really designed for people that feel like their psych use had no impact on how they feel about nature.

So you want to find out if it has any impact at all ? Imho, there is nothing wrong with asking those who feel that there is an impact and to find out what this impact looks like.

universecannon
#9 Posted : 7/30/2015 5:36:39 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Done, thanks trav

IMO if psychedelics haven't impacted how you feel about nature you're very seriously missing out and need to be prescribed some forest sessions asap.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

GoldenEye
#10 Posted : 7/30/2015 7:28:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just feel like I have been very connected to nature my whole life. When I was young I did nothing but be in nature, go to youth camps and be part of youth conservation groups. Psychedelics didn't deepen that at all. It was already there. Psychedelics teach me more about myself. They are mostly autobiographical for me. I can imagine some people raised in urban environments might need a "forest session" to discover nature but it was already there for me.

Leithen
#11 Posted : 9/13/2015 6:52:24 PM

Be Here Now

Great link, thanks!

Has anyone read the States of Mind chapter from TiHKAL? The described "Oceanic Experience" is what first comes to mind when I think of connectedness to nature. I personally was not even in nature when it happened but the results were the same. I have always hung out in the woods during my free time but never appreciated it quite the way I do now.
โ€œHow long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.โ€
โ€• Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 9/18/2015 12:53:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've also been deeply connected to nature my whole life, I was out poking around in nature before I could walk or talk. Psychedelics have deepened this connection though as I've got older, and I've not lost that childhood connection or inquisitiveness. Whenever I take them, the filters come down and I am consistently and reliably put into touch with nature. Psychedelics for me cut through man made stuff, and superficial stuff and reaffirm this connection in a deep and wholesome way. Clouds and sunsets have just never been the same.

Cool

DoingKermit
#13 Posted : 9/18/2015 12:10:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would love to participate, but when I click the link it says "sorry, this survey is not currently active".

NotTwo
#14 Posted : 9/18/2015 12:13:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To be honest I don't think my dmt experiences have given me a closer connection to nature. Having said that I've only smoalked it in my own home and I'd love the opportunity to try it in a rain forest one day.

I remember feeling an incredible connection to nature when taking mushrooms many years ago and something of that has always stayed with me.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Cognitive Heart
#15 Posted : 9/18/2015 1:50:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've yet to participate in this one. I shall return to this once link is available for survey completion. Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.