We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Iboga flood - my experience, and what next ? Options

Space88
#1 Posted : 7/21/2015 11:16:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, about a two weeks ago i underwent iboga therapy with a provider in my country (I am from Slovakia). I cant tell you how much of iboga i took and what specific type of iboga it was...but i certainly did a flood dose, and it was iboga shreded root (I approx. ate a half of can full of iboga) . Two, three weeks passed but since then i have not been able to see any changes in my disorder, personality or in my everyday life. I am sitll suffering from same level of crippling anxiety and social phobia and i still need to take xanax (just for example, I am still addicted to coffee and sugar). Also i am still the same perfectionist like i was before iboga.

I was thinking about doing iboga agian but this time without a provider, at home. I would rather order iboga TA form Netherlands and try to treat myself at home. I already have an experience from my first session and it certainy wasnt so bad - i could speak, walk, went to toiled...) but in the morning i felt really sick (mostly physically) but despite that i was still able to drove myself home. I had some visualistaions and maybe some sort of slight hallucinations during my trip, but in the morning i just felt sick, frustrated and depressed and anxious... even after I took 0,5mg of xanax I still felt the same way.

My provider even suggested me to take her iboga with me and to do my second flood dose at home, since i already had that experience. But that time I felt like i had enough of vomiting, the runs and chills... and overall i felt really sick i mean i cant even pass 15 meters from the door to my car (i felt heaviness in my legs and even electroshocks in my head), but at the same time i felt like i couldnt even stay there (at providers house), i felt frustrated, depressed and I felt significant discomfor whether i lied on my back or I sat on couch. I know it was very irresponsible to drive home at that state of mind, but fortunately nothing happened.

A week ago I spoke to my provider, i told her that I have not seen any changes in my life since iboga application, she ssaid it can be too early and i need to wait at least a month from my session or (more likely) i will need another session with iboga...

I probably wont go for another session with her, but I was more interested in doing iboga TA (which is more preferred for my issues...from what i have read). However the only option for me is to order it from the Netherlands site (there are two options, as a powder or an extract):

-Tabernanthe iboga (Iboga) - root bark, finely powdered (Rootbark from Cameroon, near Gabon's border. Sustainably wildharvested by local Bulu pygmies who, to sustain their income take efforts to cultivate the plant. The fine powder is packed in clear plastic vials. Approximate total alkaloid content is 4%.)

- Tabernanthe iboga (Iboga) - TA extract tincture 1:50 Cameroon, Root Bark
Iboga TA extract tincture, ratio 1:50 (20 mg/ml).
This tincture is made with purified iboga alkaloids in a hydro-alcoholic solution. The TA extract is a semi crude extract, containing all alkaloids. Purity: 50% TA. 5 ml tincture contains 100 mg of this extract. One drop contains approximately 0.5 mg extract. The tincture is packed in high quality Miron glass 5 ml bottles with pipette.

What are your thoughts, ideas ? Do you think i could do another session with iboga (one from above mentioned ) ? My provider said that i will be ok doing iboga alone, at home.

I have been suffering from various anxiety issues such as social anxiety, GAD, depresion (even PTSD) for decade. I do not have too many options, I have already tried over 40+ meds., various therapies and different alternative medicines, supplements, herbs, RC drugs....nothing has helped me. I am now free of all drugs (except for xanax). I really do not know which way to go now, either I will give iboga another try or I will go back to medication or even to psychiatric hospital, cos I cant live like this for a long time without any help.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

modernshamanism
#2 Posted : 7/21/2015 5:47:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

First of all - I'm sorry your Iboga flood wasn't "successful". I've never done flood dose of Iboga, but I read a lot about it and decided not to.

AFAIK you supposed to use root bark, not all root. Maybe that was the case? I'm sure you did your research, but just in case - how long was the experience? You wrote, that next day morning you felt bad, but full Iboga flood dose should last much longer than 24hrs.

Ok, enough of theory.

For over two weeks now I'm microdosing Iboga 1:50 extract. I'm going for 2 drops every morning - 5 days a week. I'm trying to stay motivated and focus on goals (that's my affirmation). Well, I have to admit - it works. First couple of days I couldn't relax before I finish my "To Do List".

But microdosing Iboga have couple side effects (at least for me). I'm not "people person" and I'm always trying to avoid talking with people (especially with strangers). I think at third day I found myself starting conversation with cashier. I'm less scared of people since I started microdosing - that's for sure. Other thing - Iboga worked for me as a very strong aphrodisiac.

So... Try microdosing. You will get nice guide how to use it with your order. Take your time choosing affirmation and don't give up! Just stop thinking about drugs / herbs / medicines as a shortcuts. You still need to put a lot of effort if you want to be "happy". Every day is a fight and every day will be a fight. Some of them you will loose, some win, but you need to fight no matter what.