We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
psilocybin truffles - which one to choose ? Options

Space88
#1 Posted : 7/20/2015 12:05:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I have been suffering form social anxiety, depression, GAD for a decade and I decided to give psilocybin a try.
PLEASE NO TALK ABOUT BUYING/SELLING/SOURCING/ETC

-Sclerotia or magic truffles contain psilocybin, a psychedelic with strong visual effects.

-Psilocybe galindoii is found growing in and near forests in Mexico, most recently in Georgia. This strain was first identified as Psilocybe atlantis, but closer investigation by Psilocybe expert Gaston Guzman confirmed this is a new magic truffle species.
The shapes and sizes of truffles vary, but they all produce similar effects. What determines the nature of the experience are the environment you are in, the people you are with, and of course the dosage.

-DragonSlayer - on the internet, you will find all kinds of variations on the "Dragon" theme as a name for this truffle. This is because some say it's appearance is sometimes weird, looking like a dragon, however, in our lab we never produced any dragons.
There is no scientific name, because the truffle itself is derived from the Atlantis truffle, but with a longer breeding time, allowing the truffle to grow bigger, resulting in a higher quality truffle.

-Psilocybe Mexicana A: The “weakest” specie among the three known Sclerotia. The Mexicana was found in Oaxaca, Mexico and is commercially grown for its fast fruitbody forming abilities. Duration of growth is 8 – 10 weeks and forms huge sclerotia in this period. Due to the relative low level of psilocyne but with a reasonable level of psilocybine, the Mexican kicks in slowly.

-Psilocybe Tampanensis: The first sclerotium specie ever found in Tampa Florida. Since then it was sighted only once. All existing cultures are derived from the first found…This specie is the medium strongest among the three known Sclerotia. Duration of growth is 14 – 16 weeks and forms middle-sized sclerotia in this period. This indicates that the Tampanensis uses its enzymes rather for the production of active compounds then for the production of tissue.

-Psilocybe Atlantis: The youngest sclerotium specie added to the our range. Found in Fulton County Georgia, USA.
This specie is the strongest among the three known Sclerotia. Duration of growth is 16 – 18 weeks and forms small-sized sclerotia in this period. This indicates that the Atlantis uses its enzymes rather for the production of active compounds then for the production of tissue, even more than the Tampanensis.
Although some “experts” claim that the Atlantis is not a real specie on its own, but a sub-specie of the Mexicana, we found out that during growth that there are remarkable differences in the growth of these two species under the same circumstances. This indicates that both have there own genetic characteristics.

Which one (or more) would you recommend me for trips and for microdosing ?

Thanks in advance!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

seagull
#2 Posted : 7/20/2015 1:40:10 PM

Hello world!

Hello!

I recently (bout a month ago), started getting involved into truffles.

Be worried about : Mental strength, how able is your mind to "control" its emotions. So it wont freak out and make you get a bad trip.
Its all between the ears Pleased .
: Setting. Should be clean, not crowded. I advice doing it solo, with having anxiety and depression.
: Dosage, dont focus on results of the truffles at first. Because first you need to know what it is/does.
:Fasting, i do this for just one reason. It prevents the nausea (in my case).

I advice only, Mexicana , atlantis, and another i forgot D: .

Mexicana is a more standard truffle.
While atlantis is a more phillosphical truffle.

My usage when i started like you.
1st time i ate 10 gr of fresh atlantis. (fun trip, got to know the drug)
that night i ate another 15 gr of Dutchi. (intense, taught me alot. Especially about the paranoia i have haha!)

I learned, to have respect also towards the truffle. And only consume every month one time. MAX. (in my case)

2nd time i went for a 30 gr dose fresh.
It was pure atlantis. And the experience was good.

Truffles are alot weaker, and more expensive than cultivating your own shrooms.
So i am doing that now with this "grow kit" .
1 more week until they start growing! Cant wait!

Succes on you journey and let us know whats upp!
P.S. If you are going to microdose, then u need to get dried mushrooms. Fresh wears out because of oxidation.

You&Iverse

concombres
#3 Posted : 7/21/2015 4:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I`d go with gallindoi. Dragon slayer sounds like a vendor gimmick to get more money out of the customer than a new strain of truffle.

Gallindoi is known already to be the most potent of the 3 major Strains (Mexicana & Atlantis bein the other two).

Stick with ordering spores & growing the truffles yourself.
I hear rye berries work best as they are easier to remove from sclerotia than grass seed, vermiculite, etc. & they are a food (there is some talk of sclerotia bring embedded with substrate).

Personally, i`d stick with jars, but I think if your not going to fruit your truffles & just want the stones, pre-sterilized rye bags would work perfectly & require little maintenance.
Inoculate, leave them on dresser for 6months, use daylight spectrum lightbulb in room instead of regular light bulb on 12/12 cycle, then harvest.
They seem to gain potency if left for up to 6months but can be harvested earlier.

Just Say Know
#4 Posted : 7/24/2015 11:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another thing, if you plan on cultivating your own absolutely make sure everything is sterile and that you don't bring contaminates from your clothing, shoes, etc. It's good to buy some sterile and disposable gloves, sleeve covering, shoe coverings, breathing masks, and some overalls or a lab coat. Sterile grow environments are essential for successful shrooms. There's quite a few suppliers (i'm thinking of one in particular) that offer all in which you should need for this including other equipment and grow mediums.

Personally i'm going to try my hand at growing some Gallindoi!

TGO
#5 Posted : 7/25/2015 12:18:41 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I've got some ps tampanensis going at the moment. Inoculated about two weeks ago. 8 of the 9 quart sized jars are starting to flourish and are showing strong signs of life. This is my first time growing sclerotia and is quite exciting!

It is not my first time with mushrooms though. I have done some extensive work with Golden Teachers in particular. I am an amateur mycologist and it is something that I would not give up for anything! I hear Mexicana and Atlantis produce very good results for sclerotia. I went with ps tampanensis because that was the most accessible to me at the moment.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

EDIT: For microdosing, any of the sclerotia will work. You would just need to experiment a bit and find your "sweet" spot!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

roninsina
#6 Posted : 7/25/2015 8:26:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've also a batch started. Six days and four of six quarts of rye, fully colonized and the other two well on their way. Made a gallindoi syringe (horse syringe from farm supply store) and loosely followed the tech linked to the shroomery in dreamer o42's article in the Nexian, 'Sustainable Psychedelics, Cultivating a Viable Relationship with the Medicine'. I omitted the coffee and in place of the gypsum, I used a teaspoon of pickling lime and thoroughly rinsed the rye berries after cooking. I don't have a pressure cooker, so I put my jars in an electric roaster with a water bath between the roasting pan and the roaster and kept the temp at about 200f with a wet towel in the bottom, for a couple hours. I bought a roll of painters plastic and made a small clean room with it and filtered the air with an old freestanding hepa filter I had from years gone by. I'll soon try two more batches with the same syringe, one using live culture and one agar.

I'm very interested in microdosing as well and if/when I have some results, I'll be sure to post them.

EDIT: Pretty sure I'm just cultivating a mold farm at this point. I'll start over soon. My microdosing will be delayed, but I'm still interested in hearing about them.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Swarupa
#7 Posted : 7/25/2015 2:28:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've found that the atlantis are noticeably different when compared to other truffles and of all the common truffles i've found atlantis to be the most distinct from psilocybe cubensis by far... i always get a vibrating energy with the atlantis for some reason, on my highest dose the whole surroundings became vibrating particles and felt as if i'd seen into an atomic realm underlying matter, i've never experienced anything even remotely like this on cubensis or liberty cap mushrooms.

It's interesting that the ratio of Psilocin : Psilocybin seems to elicit such a difference in experience, i wonder whether other alkaloids could be at play... as to whether these differences could be more or less effective for treating depression remains to be seen, for all intents and purposes i think the ideal is to have a higher amount of Psilocybin as that is most stable.

Also it's worth mentioning that Psilocybin doesn't necessarily cure depression or social anxiety, in my opinion at best it can reveal that it's possible to be free of anxious and depressive mind-states... i'm also interested in microdosing Psilocybin, although it has a strong tolerance to take into account.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 7/25/2015 4:49:46 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I have removed all vendor talk from this page, I'm quite disappointed that this happened again and that people joined in on it.

No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs

p.s. Also the vendor marketing language is appalling to say the least, due to this I have removed the subjective marketing terms. Confused

The Traveler

Swarupa
#9 Posted : 7/25/2015 5:17:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I missed the direct vendor talk there Embarrased That marketing is appalling Thumbs down

Space88, maybe rather than copy/paste a wall of text direct from your source, you could ask us with your own words...

I wonder, what is it about Psilocybin that you think it will help with your depression and anxiety?

Space88
#10 Posted : 7/30/2015 10:37:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been interested in trying psilocybine truffles since i have read about Amber Lyons story with psilocybin mushrooms, later I came across some articles about psilocybine and I have read some posts form people who had great success with psilocybin for their anxiety issues. I am from Europe and mushrooms are completely legall in my country (Slovakia), but there arent any providers who offer psychedelic sessions here. But I think I will be able to handle trip with psilocybin mushrooms rather than a trip with ayahuasca (for example).

As i mentioned above, I have been suffering from social anxiety, GAD, depression and PTSD for a decade. I have tried a lot of drugs (45+) and various therapies for 10 years without any success at all. I have also tried iboga flood dose for my problems, but without any success in my case, I wrote about my experience here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=66323

What would you advice me to start with ? I was thinking to do a high dose - trip once a week and then maybe microdosing for other days.

Also, since I am not doing well (since april this year I came off all antidepressants, except for BZDs such as xanax) so I am also thinking to start with new SSRI - vortioxetine.

Would it be safe to take high dose of mushrooms while i will be on SSRI ? According to this chart, i should be in safe :
http://wiki.tripsit.me/i...ripSitDrugComboChart.gif

Space88
#11 Posted : 7/30/2015 10:45:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Chronic wrote:

Space88, maybe rather than copy/paste a wall of text direct from your source, you could ask us with your own words...

I am sorry about that, next time i will do it this way

Swarupa
#12 Posted : 7/31/2015 7:52:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Space88, I haven't microdosed with mushrooms often but hopefully someone else will share their experience as i'm also interested in this. I have no experience with pharmaceutical drugs/SSRI's so can't comment on any interactions.

When it comes to psilocybin dosage i'd recommend to start low to gauge how sensitive you are, then if you feel like it take more the next time, i don't feel there's any need to rush with these things.

I wish you all the best, do let us know how you get on Smile

Make Shift
#13 Posted : 11/7/2015 4:06:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NO VENDOR TALK
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.