We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"The Bunk Police Are Risking Prison to Bring Drug Testing Kits to Music Festivals" Options

wearepeople
#1 Posted : 7/19/2015 4:53:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://thump.vice.com/e...-kits-to-music-festivals

+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sandgrease
#2 Posted : 7/20/2015 1:07:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Their test kits around great.

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 7/20/2015 4:25:40 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

The festivals around here are bunk.

I know that I will never support a festival like that, not that I ever have gone there anyway.

A few months ago it was announced that a particular festival around here, I will leave it unnamed, were to introduce free drug testing kits for the 4 day festival. I was very happy to hear this. Thought to myself, about time. As I know the bunk police and this has been going on in Europe now for quite some time.

About a week before the festival was to start, it was announced by the organizer that due to 'liability insurance issues' they could not have the free kits offered during the festival. As it would imply that 'illegal drugs are being used at the festival'. So it was then announced the festival may be cancelled for this year.

And here is where it gets worse.

Instead of cancelling the festival, the organizers decided to go through with it without the kits. Obviously their financial security is worth more than potentially someones life. These dirty hippies that run the thing are no better than the drug dealers, they don't give a single shit about whether you live or die, as long as they get paid. Peace, Love, and Understanding? Spare me.

So I was furious just to hear this announcement, and I really did not want to hear on the radio another kid dying.

4 days later,

21 year old young man dies of cardiac arrest under the influence of unknown drug at music festival.

This was a preventable death.

On a happier note, I am so happy to read this article in the OP. That is real Peace Love and Understanding. Real hippies doing work. Perhaps that is what I should be doing. BUNK POLICE <3
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Leithen
#4 Posted : 9/15/2015 3:36:19 PM

Be Here Now

Hopefully one day they will accept my street team application! Very happy

I could not agree more Mindlusion. It seems too obvious that harm reduction and education can easily eliminate so many of these deaths yet no one is going that route? Most of the kids in my area are not even aware that these sorts of test kits are available. Its great that bigger publications are putting out articles on this subject. With the growing number of "festival-goers", this problem will keep growing.

I try my best to inform anyone I can on the dangers as well as possible positive effects of different substances. I think this is about all we can do, educate.

Had the 17 year old girl known 1 gram of MDMA could be lethal would she have taken the last 3-4 capsules?

If the 19 year old guy knew you can not judge a drug by the color of it but only by reagent and similar tests, would he have still taken an unknown cathinone?

These are just two of the dozens of easily preventable deaths just in my neighborhood.

Thanks for sharing!
โ€œHow long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.โ€
โ€• Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story