We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Two Kinds of Ego Death Options

tseuq
#21 Posted : 7/22/2015 5:31:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Legarto Rey wrote:
An open question to forum members: Are you able to regularly, reproducibly, and with extreme level of intensity), enter consensus reality obliterating states of mind using non entheogenic modalities??? If so please share those techniques.

I am also exploring this room of possible and "best" (=easiest with highest resolution) transitions and it seems to be the crux. The "method which works best for me", is to be, now. I am on. Being aware of and experience these floating transitions of consciousness, I am, it is part of my human experience. I fully let go of myself to experience myself and always come back to myself because it is always me. Juhu.. Laughing

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#22 Posted : 7/22/2015 9:36:28 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Legarto Rey wrote:
Chronic, not to besmirch spontaneous or non entheogen engendered means of achieving the intense mystic/ego death state. The deeply held conviction is, that for the vast majority of average humanoids extant during any particular era(most people that have ever lived), entheogens offer the only practical, realistic, ergonomic, reproducible and EFFECTIVE means for entering the life changing, paradigm shifting, ego shattering, consensus reality melting, mind blowing, never forgotten, UNITIVE mind state.

This observation of fact(for most people), in no way relegates prayer, meditation, contemplation, etc to an inferior status. These tools are essential for integration of the "hyperspace" realms revealed to most average folks ONLY through the "mixed wine" pathway.

An open question to forum members: Are you able to(regularly, reproducibly, and with extreme level of intensity), enter consensus reality obliterating states of mind using non entheogenic modalities??? If so please share those techniques.

Peace

I tend to view it other way around. That psychedelics are great at giving you a temporary glimpse of higher consciousness but meditation is the the real lasting path to maintaining a higher level of awareness long-term. Of course these states are highly intertwined and there is a huge overlap in application of the skills learned and benefits experienced via these disciplines. It still blows my mind that the brains of people on breakthrough doses of psilocybin appear almost identical to those of experienced mediators in non-dual, unitive states when viewed with fMRI.

I can't say I've ever meditated my way into hyperspace, but I've had pretty profound visionary experiences from meditation and especially pranayama and yoga. I've also found that the various skills I've learned from meditation (breath and body awareness, detaching from mental chatter and looping thought streams, finding stillness in discomfort, etc...) have been immensely helpful in my psychedelic work. Anyway moral of the story, these discliplines catalyze one another and are probably more effective when practiced together.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

PREV12