We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
In preparation for extraction Options

Pixar
#1 Posted : 7/14/2015 9:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While Swim waits to get separatory funnel for extraction of ACRB that is not shredded or powdered Swim will speak briefly here of what he is planning to do in hopes of getting good feedback and/or tips.

Considering waiting time (due to lack of desired equipment), ecological factors (temperatures required for acid cooks) and the difficulties that stem from not having shredded/powered bark Swim plans to leave 500g of ACRB in solution (1*) for a couple weeks after having frozen and de-frozen it a couple of times. If Swim is not mistaken prolonged exposure to solution will breakdown plant structure enough to extract almost all the DMT..

1. Solution : distilled water acidified with HCl to a ph of 3-4

Solution will be left in HDPE container so no problems will arise from prolonged exposure to acidic solution.

Swim's goal here is mainly to compensate for the fact that he has whole bark...

This is where Swim's extraction will begin (notes are disguised questions Laughing ) :

1. Usual acid cook and reducing of solution containing DMT salt's

2. Mix solution with naphta to defat, separate, repeat if necessary, separate.

Note : Swim believes, and he may be mistaken, that this is a good time to defat solution. Naphta may be separated from fats by using coffee filter and funnel (source : his experience with Caapi extraction, ACRB should not differ) with very little naphta loss ( < 15ml easily).

3. Add non-ionized salts to solution (how much salt per gram of ACRB or ml of distilled water Swim does not know)

Note : Swim believes that Nexians add salt to solution to make it more polar to favour the transfer of water-insoluble DMT freebase to non-polar solvent. He would like to know the optimal quantity of salt for this and the reason why if possible.

4. Basidify to ph of 13.5 with NaOH solution

Note : If you know of other bases that will increase yield (no gunk is left in naphta so Swim does not mind using NaOH because it is toxic) and are more efficient than NaOH please speak of this.

5. Mix with 500 ml naphta, shake, shake, shake, separate with separator funnel Drool and repeat 4 times

Note : Swim is not sure if 500 ml is ideal, he thinks smaller pulls are optimal when he thinks about why cells are small and not big. Especially considering that the goal is a super saturated solution and that this is much easier to achieve the smaller the pulls. Swim is also not sure about the minimal quantity of naphta one must use to pull all (95%< ) the DMT from basic solution.

5. Put pulls together and let sit at room temperature for 12h

Note: Swim read somewhere that DMT precipitates before NMT, he thinks this has to do with the Xlogp3 difference between NMT and DMT, but then it would seem more logical that NMT precipitate first considering it leans more toward the "polar solvent side" : he would like to know why one would precipitate faster than the other if this is true.

6. Filter Naphta, freeze precipitate afterwards, filter, dry powder etc.

So product should be powdery.

Swim's main line of question is in the Notes left here.

Also : swim has gotten sticky white/clear crystals with a different feel than DMT ones, he believes this has to do with a mini a/b step and that said crystals where actually NMT. Theoretically, would it be possible to separate DMT from NMT through a mini a/b somehow?

Of course Swim will follow TEK's when he will be extracting, all he wishes is clarifications.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tryptallmine
#2 Posted : 7/15/2015 1:13:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The purpose of shredding/powdering is to increase the surface area which makes it a lot easier to extract DMT. Given that you're about to spend so many hours on extracting DMT, why wouldn't you at least make the effort to break it down?

I'm not convinced that a week or two in an acidic solution is going to be enough to break down the plant material.

Coffee grinder or food processor? Bash it down with a hammer?

Pixar
#3 Posted : 7/15/2015 2:39:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tryptallmine wrote:
The purpose of shredding/powdering is to increase the surface area which makes it a lot easier to extract DMT. Given that you're about to spend so many hours on extracting DMT, why wouldn't you at least make the effort to break it down?

I'm not convinced that a week or two in an acidic solution is going to be enough to break down the plant material.

Coffee grinder or food processor? Bash it down with a hammer?

Yes I know this, but I don't think a coffee grinder will do the job it will just break and I don't want to invest in a decent blender when I will be getting powdered bark in the future. I could break it down more after the soak though, since it will be way softer. In my experience even after 5 hours soaking the plant material could easily be torn with hands alone so that is why I believe after a week or more it will be mush :3

Edit : After giving more though to this I believe that letting it sit in a basic solution (STB) for a week or so would be more efficient in breaking down plant cells. Then acidification and acid cooks could be made before moving on with the extraction. I find this unpractical nonetheless and I am uncertain if this will work significantly better so I won't do this.

Edit 2 : You think a 50 $ blender could do the job breaking down plant material after soaking without it falling appart after a couple extractions ? Or would a food processor be more efficient ?

Firemetal420
#4 Posted : 7/15/2015 6:39:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the same issue the last couple days and my solution to mostly powder it was to just hit each piece with a small handheld sledge hammer kind of lightly and it breaks into several smaller pieces... I took each one of those smaller chunks and lightly bounced the sledge off of them and it ends up like large sand pretty quick... at that size it won't hurt your blender or coffee grinder as much.
I just pulsed my blender on liquify and gently shook up and down for a minute or two... I had 100g of almost complete powder for my extraction in about half hour.
Hope this helps, good luck Smile
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

Pixar
#5 Posted : 7/15/2015 10:18:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Firemetal420 wrote:
I had the same issue the last couple days and my solution to mostly powder it was to just hit each piece with a small handheld sledge hammer kind of lightly and it breaks into several smaller pieces... I took each one of those smaller chunks and lightly bounced the sledge off of them and it ends up like large sand pretty quick... at that size it won't hurt your blender or coffee grinder as much.
I just pulsed my blender on liquify and gently shook up and down for a minute or two... I had 100g of almost complete powder for my extraction in about half hour.
Hope this helps, good luck Smile

I will do this coupled with letting the bark soak for a few days before acid cook !

Thanks !

Firemetal420
#6 Posted : 7/18/2015 5:22:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem Smile Here are the results from the bark I processed myself... I haven't weighed it yet but looks to be at least 1 1/2 grams from 100g Acrb Cool

*update: It came out to 1.780g dry
Firemetal420 attached the following image(s):
2015-07-18 09.22.39.jpg (6,411kb) downloaded 150 time(s).
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

Pixar
#7 Posted : 7/31/2015 6:24:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Firemetal420 wrote:
No problem Smile Here are the results from the bark I processed myself... I haven't weighed it yet but looks to be at least 1 1/2 grams from 100g Acrb Cool

Impressive crystals !

What tek did you use ?

Thanks !

Firemetal420
#8 Posted : 7/31/2015 7:48:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pixar wrote:
Firemetal420 wrote:

Impressive crystals !

What tek did you use ?

Thanks !

Thank you! It is
Cyb's max ion tek with earthwalkers mini a/b cleanup.