We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Post SWIM's Yeilds ! Options

Dee Em Tea
#61 Posted : 4/25/2008 10:02:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hamhurricane wrote:

could you go into a bit more detail about what STB you used, i have never seen such beautiful xystals

Sorry hamhurricane, I missed your post.Embarrased

So yeah SWIM. just used Nomans Tek. except he's added some more water to make sure the soup didn't get to thick, since he uses pre powderd bark. Exually he's done a view extractions in the past with just the normal mesurments, and didn't seem to have problems with it at all, but this time he didn't want to take any changes. He tells me he had six white 20 ltr. HPDE(transparant)watercontainers, witch he filled up with 20 ltr. of water. To this he added 1.25 kilo of ley, and then 1.25 kilo of bark. Then went on to do his pulls with 1 ltr. of Bestine(Heptane).

Quote:
(where the whites a product of rexytalization?)

Yes these crystals are all recrystalized once, because after the initial freeze parcipatation he disolves everything again to recrystalize in a smaller container, so its easyer to work with.
However since these pictures where made, he's recristalized them two more times into quite big crystals witch look even more fantastic. But SWIM did find that the white crystals turn a bit darker when you let them grow. But quite impresive never the less Wink

Uncover the truth,"It's really stranger then fiction".

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#62 Posted : 6/21/2008 9:13:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM obtained 283 mg of pure clear DMT crystals from 80 grams of Hawaiian Chacruna. That's a yield of 0.35% pure clear DMT crystals. Normally this plant contains anywhere from 0.10-0.66% DMT. So this was about in the middle of that range. But if SWIM counted the DMT N-Oxide, the yeild is more like 0.43 %.

What SWIM likes about Chacruna is that it's easy to extract in a Soxhlet. He can fill his 1000 ml Soxhlet with all 80 grams of leaves and let it run for 12 hours with 600 ml of 91% IPA. After that, the once green leaves are completely brown and can be discarded. SWIM easily extracts 99% of the DMT that way.

The other thing SWIM likes about Chacruna is that the DMT seems much more pure than Mimosa DMT. Somehow, the DMT from Mimosa feels more edgy. The DMT from Chacruna is smooth, mellow, and relaxed.

Chacruna is said to contain an alkaloid mix that is 99% DMT (some of that is present as DMT N-Oxide). Mimosa seems to be more of a mixed batch of alkaloids (DMT, yuremamine and a few unknown mystery alkaloids). SWIM believes that the mellow DMT from chacruna is more pure than the more edgy DMT from Mimosa. SWIM compared pure clear crystals from each that were each freeze precipitated 3 times in heptane. SWIM believes there is maybe a tiny bit of 5-MeO-DMT in Mimosa or something similar. The Mimosa DMT doesn’t have that smooth relaxed melatonin feel that Chacruna’s DMT has.

SWIM has started testing vaporized yellow DMT N-Oxide stand alone. It feels different from DMT. Maybe this is his imagination, but it seems much milder, smoother, and friendlier, with a slower onset and it seems to last much longer than DMT. SWIM usually starts to feel it right after exhaling it. It seems to peak after about 4 minutes with a very long peak. Most of the main effects are gone in about 30 minutes, but SWIM feels it up to 2 hours after vaporizing it. It’s almost like bufotenine in some ways. It causes similar tingling sensations in the body. Has anyone else noticed this?

SWIM is planning on making a bunch of DMT N-Oxide out of his DMT, as soon as he gets more hydrogen peroxide. SWIM wants to do many tests with it. SWIM is wondering, if DMT N-Oxide lasts longer than DMT, is it perhaps also orally active by itself? SWIM is going to test that and test the solubility profile of DMT N-Oxide.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#63 Posted : 6/23/2008 10:01:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM obtained 0.495% mixed alkaloids from Diplopterys cabrerana.

He extracted 100 grams of leaves using a 1000 ml Soxhlet running for 12 hours. The leaves were simply crushed and placed directly in the Soxhlet without a thimble. There was a large cotton plug at the bottom of the Soxhlet to prevent any leaves from falling through. The leaves were topped with cotton balls and 5 1 inch PTFE balls used as weight to prevent the leaves from rising and falling into the Soxhlet’s distilling tube. The extraction solvent used was 91% IPA (isopropanol).

SWIM distilled the IPA down to 100 ml, added 200 ml distilled water, then brought the pH to 3 with citric acid. He defatted 5 times with 100 ml DCM. He brought the pH up to 9.5 with sodium carbonate and extracted 5 times with 100 ml DCM. He then distilled the DCM down to 100 ml.

There’s always lots of chlorophyll present in leaves like this, so to take care of than SWIM extracted back into 100 ml of pH 3 water 3 times. He defatted again 3 times with 100 ml of DCM. He then brought the pH up to 9.5 with sodium carbonate, he again extracted into 100 ml DCM 3 times. He washed the DCM with 100 ml pH 9.5 water 3 times. He then distilled most of the DCM off. Before all the DCM was distilled off, he added 50 ml acetone, and then continued distilling off all the DCM. Once it got down to about 15 ml of acetone, he let it evaporate at room temperature. Many white crystals formed. The alkaloid extract weighed 495 mg.

This was tested by vaporizing 5 mg in a test tube vapor chamber setup. 5 mg was potent enough for strong effects that included non-colorful twisting visual effects (similar to LSD) for about 2 minutes, followed by the more interest colored DMT only visual effects lasting up to 30 minutes. After the strange slippery bodily effects subsided SWIM felt the typical melatonin bodily effects from DMT up until about 1 hour afterwards. The initial effects are very unlike DMT.

SWIM tried to isolate 5-MeO-DMT from the extract but was not successful. SWIM doesn’t know what alkaloid other than DMT is present in this batch. SWIM has had these results before from other batches, but they usually also contain 5-MeO-DMT. This other alkaloid seems to be as potent as or more so than 5-MeO-DMT, but the effects are different. Without being able to isolate it, SWIM can’t say for sure.

SWIM tried 10 mg of this alkaloid mix sublingually. At this sublingual dose (without DMSO) DMT produces no effects in SWIM. SWIM got clear effects from it within 5 minutes. It peaked after about 15 minutes and lasted about 30 minutes. It was strong enough for LSD like visual twisting effects. The burn under the tongue was as intense as 5-MeO-DMT. The taste was like DMT but more medicinal. It’s much more visual than 5-MeO-DMT and doesn’t have that foggy dissociative effect SWIM gets from 5-MeO-DMT. SWIM doesn’t know what this alkaloid is. SWIM also doesn’t know how to isolate it. He will try different things out in attempts at isolating this weird alkaloid. Whatever this alkaloid is, it seems to increase the potency and duration of DMT when it’s vaporized with DMT.

When taking an alkaloid sublingually, the alkaloid should be placed under the tongue and quickly spread around by smearing the alkaloid around the bottom of your mouth with your tongue and holding it in place tightly with your tongue. This way the alkaloid stays under your tongue and isn’t all in one big lump. You want as much of the molecules as possible directly touching the bottom of your tongue. Hold your tongue tightly down against the bottom of your mouth to prevent saliva from building up around the alkaloid molecules. Hold it for at least 5 minutes, 10 is usually better. You don’t want saliva building up around the alkaloid molecules because the alkaloid molecules will get diluted and dispersed within the saliva and are then much less likely to get absorbed, and this could render the entire dose inactive. Holding it tightly between the tongue and bottom of your mouth ensures that the alkaloid is in direct contact with the bottom of the tongue for optimum absorption.

If the alkaloid burns the underside of your tongue, it’s too caustic and should be made into a salt. Some alkaloid salts burn almost as much as the freebase alkaloid, while others don’t burn at all. Some alkaloid salts absorb very well, but others do not. It all depends on the acid and alkaloid combination being used. For example, a fumarate salt usually works well, but citrates are usually not as good. This is partly because fumarates are usually less water soluble than citrates and are less likely to get diluted by the saliva in the mouth. Many HCl salts seem to burn, according to users. SWIM doesn’t know why, but fumarates seem to burn less than the other salts. Maybe because the pH is usually more neutral with fumarates?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#64 Posted : 7/1/2008 8:26:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a yield from SWIM
Quote:
From 122 grams of Virola Theiodora bark, only 10 mg of alkaloids were extracted! The plant contained only 0.008% alkaloids!

Initial Soxhlet Extraction
The shredded bark was soaked for 3 hours in 700 ml 91% isopropanol with 5 ml 30% HCl. The bark and solution was then placed in a 1000 ml continuous Soxhlet extractor. Extraction ran for 18 hours.

At the end of 18 hours, the extraction solvent in the boiling flask under the Soxhlet was very dark reddish brown and the solvent in the Soxhlet was clear. The bark was discarded.

The extraction solvent was concentrated down to 50 ml of dark red, almost black liquid.

Defatting Using CLLE
300 ml dichloromethane was added to a 1000 ml CLLE (continuous liquid-liquid extractor). The CLLE is a heaver than water model with a stopcock in the return tube that was in the closed position. The extraction solvent was then added. This was then diluted with 750 ml of water. Then 1/4 tsp citric acid was added. The total liquid content in the CLLE was 1100 ml. The pH of the top aqueous layer was tested and found to be pH 3.

A stir bar was added to the CLLE. The stopcock was opened and the CLLE was run for 8 hours placed on a magnetic stirrer. The magnetic stirrer was set to a very low speed so that the stirring speed was just below the speed needed to cause a vortex. NOTE: using a magnetic stirrer placed under the CLLE vastly improves the extraction speed by up to 16 times in some cases. Without using a stirrer, typical run times are 18-24 hours. Using a stirrer, the CLLE is able to extract nearly everything in 2-4 hours.

By the end of the 8 hours, the DCM in the boiling flask was very dark red with fat soluble material, almost black. The DCM in the CLLE was completely clear. At this point at least 99% of the plant fats and oils were removed from the extract.

The stopcock in the CLLE was closed and the fat and oil laden DCM was distilled back into the CLLE until it got down to about 20 ml. The fat and oil was removed from the boiling flask and the boiling flask was rinsed with 91% isopropanol, and then connected back to the CLLE.

Freebase Extraction Using CLLE
The pH of the aqueous layer was adjusted to pH 9.5 using water saturated with sodium carbonate. The aqueous layer changed from very dark reddish brown to nearly black.

The stopcock in the CLLE was opened and the CLLE was run for another 8 hours while being continuously stirred just slow enough to avoid a vortex in the CLLE. After 8 hours the DCM in the boiling flask was very light yellow. The stopcock in the CLLE was closed and the DCM was distilled down to about 20 ml of yellow liquid. The aqueous layer was discarded.

The yellow DCM contains what little alkaloids were present in the plant material. The DCM was carefully distilled off with addition of 50 ml of acetone so that only a small amount of acetone and alkaloids remained.

The acetone was evaporated off to give a very small yield of 10 mg of brown sticky material.

The extract had the strong plastic smell of 5-MeO-DMT which is similar to DMT. 100 grams of calcium carbonate was added, along with 20 ml of 91% isopropanol. This was mixed and allowed to dry again. Once dry, this formed a powder that was free flowing and diluted 10 times allowing doses to be more easily measured.

Comments
The alkaloid content of Virola theiodora bark is extremely small. In this extraction it only contained 0.008% alkaloids. A previous extraction yielded 0.04%, and another yielded no alkaloids at all. In many cases no alkaloids are extracted. Most people report little or no alkaloids present. The fact that snuff said to be prepared from Virola theiodora bark typically contains 8% alkaloids indicates that the bark available on the market should be quite high in alkaloids. Why is this not the case? Something is not right. Maybe the alkaloids quickly degrade in a matter of days after the bark is harvested?

Because the bark is so low in alkaloids I believe we are likely being sold left over Virola theiodora that has had the resin already harvested from it. Even the Virola theiodora resin being sold on the market is extremely low in alkaloids, none was found to contain anywhere near the reported 8% alkaloids.

I have yet to see an adequate reason explaining why all the Virola theiodora bark available on the market contains little or no alkaloids.

SWIM considers 0.008% alkaloids to be just a trace of alkaloids and that such a plant should be dismissed as being used for making active snuff because the alkaloid content is so low as to make it next to impossible for natives to make a snuff from it that would actually work without extremely sophisticated methods of concentrating the alkaloids down.

At 0.008%, a single dose of snuff would have to be made from about 100 grams of bark! How could the natives do this with their simple water extraction method? After they extract it with water they add ashes (a form of calcium hydroxide or calcium oxide) to freebase the alkaloids and keep the snuff dry.

SWIM never tried the native’s method of making epena snuff, but he imagines that more than 10 grams of snuff would need to be used in order to have any effects at all because the bark is so low in alkaloids and a simple water extraction would probably not be very concentrated, maybe 5:1 at the most, plus the added ash, maybe 3:1? That’s like 30 grams of snuff! That can’t be right.

SWIM said the extraction above works very well for all other 5-MeO-DMT containing plants. He’s tried extracting Virola theiodora bark many times using many differenct extraction methods and the most he’s ever been able to get was still extremely small yields. He’s starting to doubt that Virola theiodora bark is actually the source of the powerful snuff he’s read about.

Does anyone know why the Virola theiodora bark available on the market usually contains extremely small amounts of alkaloids? Is it all old? Are the alkaloids removed from it by the natives before being sold to us? Or is it all misidentified? What’s the deal here?

fourthripley
#65 Posted : 7/1/2008 9:32:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I performed a rigorous A/B on 20g of supposed V.Theiodoria 'resin' with similarly disappointing results; I was half expecting a gram or more of goodies and ended up with a smudge of yellow oily crystalline stuff with no activity whatsover. I suspect, at the moment at least, all vendor material to be bunk.
mistakes were made

69ron
#66 Posted : 7/1/2008 10:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM agrees. Most Virola theiodoria and Virola peruviana is completely bunk, and the rare “good stuff” is extremely horrible at best.

What SWIM does like about Virola theiodoria is that if it contains anything at all it’s usually just small amounts of 5-MeO-DMT with extreme traces of DMT. SWIM has gotten clear 5-MeO-DMT effects from alkaloid extracts from Virola theiodoria, but this is not the norm. SWIM usually gets next to NOTHING from it even when doing extremely exhaustive extractions on large amounts of it. SWIM's been trying to find a vendor that sells decent material, but can't find one.

Diplopterys cabrerana has a lot of 5-MeO-DMT sometimes (SWIM’s best yield was 0.4% 5-MeO-DMT and 1.6% DMT). The problem with Diplopterys cabrerana is that there are lots of other active alkaloids in it that need to be separated out if you want just 5-MeO-DMT. Also, sometimes it doesn’t have any 5-MeO-DMT at all. It’s unreliable.

Fourthripley, do you know of another better source for 5-MeO-DMT that is pretty much just 5-MeO-DMT?

fourthripley
#67 Posted : 7/1/2008 11:18:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've given thought to Evodia Rutacarpa fruit, has a lot of components that make it popular as a general dietary suplelement but only 5meo as and active tryt as far as I know, but had been put off by the lowish reported concentation and high on line price; £50 sterling per 500g. However, Lemmy's post tonight 5meo extraction from wu zhu yu makes me wonder if at the price he quotes, this might be viable.
The only info I've ever found on such an extraction is the following:

- ShamTec Report #1 - Alkaloid Extraction from <B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff">Evodia[/b] rutacarpa

Fat Freddie, Psychedelic Toad & Head of Research Shamanic Technologies

An acid/base extract from 100 grams of dried <B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff">Evodia[/b] fruit (Evodiarutacarpa, Wu Zhu Yu) yielded about 80 mg of freebase wax from the final filtrate fraction (see ShamTec Report #2). 50 mg of this extract was smoked, registering a plus three (+++) on the <B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff66">Shulgin[/b] scale. Apyrolytic assay of the extract recovered from the filtered precipitates proved to be inactive. The tiny berry like fruits are readily obtainable from Chineseherbalists; they are said to be mildly toxic, this could be due in part to the astringent tannins, but it seems they are removed during the extraction process.

No signs of any physical discomfort while under its effects were observed. This does not imply it is entirely safe, all the usual disclaimers apply. A Medline search shows <B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff">Evodia[/b] is known tocontain alkaloids that are vasodilators which reduce blood pressure.

A second extract was prepared in order to test the validity of reports that <B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff">Evodia[/b] fruits are hallucinogenic if eaten in large quantities. 5-MeO is not known to be orally active on it own. If the 5-MeO is causing psychoactivity then there would also be MAOI's present. 140 mgof the combined filtered fractions was consumed; no psychological or psychological effects were observed from this single trial. The dried fruits of this plant were easy to process. It was concluded that <B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ffff">Evodia[/b] is a convenient an useful natural source of 5-MeO-DMT.Ref.<B style="COLOR: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff66">Shulgin[/b] A., TIHKAL, p. 274.

Shamanic Technologies (c) 1998
Quote:
mistakes were made

69ron
#68 Posted : 7/2/2008 2:00:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't find anything showing the exact alkaloid content of Evodia fruit.

According to that report, 80 mg from 100 grams of dried Evodia fruit amounts to 0.08% alkaloids.

20 mg of 5-MeO-DMT is going to produce an overwhelming ++++ experience, 10 mg will produce a +++ in most people. Judging by that report, the +++ experience from smoking 50 mg is too weak for it to be all 5-MeO-DMT. At most that alkaloid extract probably contained only 10 mg of 5-MeO-DMT and the remaining 40 mg was something else. If that extract in that report was only 20% 5-MeO-DMT, as SWIM believes judging by the low potency of 50 mg, that would mean a yield of about 0.016% 5-MeO-DMT.

SWIM can probably get Evodia fruit from the local Chinese herb store. That's an interesting option. SWIM is going to look into this option sometime in the near future. That would be great if he could buy that at the local store and actually extract 5-MeO-DMT from it! Smile

If that report is right, those 100 gram 5:1 Evodia extracts available on the market for about $20 should contain about 0.4 % alkaloids (possible being 0.08% 5-MeO-DMT). So for about $20 you should get about 400 mg of alkaloids, with maybe 80 mg of that being 5-MeO-DMT. For SWIM, 2 mg of 5-MeO-DMT is a very pleasant dose. That would be 40 doses for SWIM at $0.50 per dose! Hmmmm. That sounds too good to be true. This is probably another one of those Internet myths.

Those jars of 100 grams of 5:1 extract claim that amount is a 30 day supply. They are recommending 1 gram 3 times a day. If the fruit contains 0.08% alkaloids, 1 gram of 5:1 extract should contain 5 times that. So 1 gram would contain 4 mg of alkaloids.

I don’t know. That doesn’t sound right to me. If someone took 1 gram of 5:1 extract containing 4 mg of alkaloids and they let that 1 gram dose sit in their mouth for a while, the 5-MeO-DMT would be absorbed sublingually and might cause a very slight psychedelic trip even if only 20% of that 4 mg was 5-MeO-DMT (amounting to 0.8 mg). The threshold dose for 5-MeO-DMT is said to be 3-5 mg sublingually. But for SWIM 2 mg sublingually is enough for nice psychedelic effects, and 5 mg is pretty strong for him.

So if that report is right, SWIM should be able to get psychedelic effects by just letting 5 grams of 5:1 extract sit in his mouth for 10 minutes. 5 grams would have 20 mg of alkaloids with possibly 4 mg of that being 5-MeO-DMT. SWIM is going to test this out and see if this is just another Internet myth or not. It will be a while before he does though, he is very busy with other things.

AuroricDistortions
#69 Posted : 8/5/2008 6:44:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIY Used A/B extraction as follows:
1:2 vinegar: DH20 heated acid soak - 15min shaking X 2 extractions - 5L solvent for 454g MHRB powder
Xylene defat once, then Naptha defat once
Basify with NaOH
Add hot Naptha and roll jug for 30 mins X 2 extractions - used ~1.5L, too much
Wash once with Sodium Carbonate
Low heat reduction of Naptha
Fan dry Naptha

Result, 2.25g + residue from 454g powdered MHRB, consistent with previous extractions. Estimated high quality based on appearance, off white, dry crystals, maybe 95% purity (guess). NOTE: this was x's first time using such short acidic extraction periods. Result was good. More scientific, with control groups, experiments are needed to determine minimum extraction times. Overnight is certainly unnecessary for finely powdered mhrb in a heated acidic solvent, when adequate agitation is introduced (how's that for alliteration).

SWisM is quite pleased, and will be taking his new spacecraft for a test drive...now Pleased
AuroricDistortions attached the following image(s):
100_1270.JPG (877kb) downloaded 796 time(s).
100_1272.JPG (518kb) downloaded 769 time(s).

69ron
#70 Posted : 8/5/2008 7:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just extracted 1.2% DMT (and some DMT N-Oxide) from authentic Anadenanthera peregrina. SWIM could not detect any bufotenine or 5-MeO-DMT in it at all. The effects from smoking the extract were that of pure DMT. This was the first time SWIM ever found Yopo that was high in DMT with pretty much nothing else in it. In all of SWIM’s many, many previous extractions of "Yopo" no DMT was ever found, it was nearly all bufotenine. SWIM now believes all his previous "Yopo" was actually Anadenanthera colubrina (Vilca) being falsely sold as Yopo.

Garulfo
#71 Posted : 8/5/2008 10:51:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1.2 is quite good !! Did you used a soxhlet or a A/B ?

69ron
#72 Posted : 8/6/2008 1:05:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The initial extraction done by SWIM was in a 1000 ml Soxhlet with 700 ml 91% IPA and 1000 mg of citric acid. The IPA and citric acid were allowed to soak in the 50 grams of ground seeds for 30 minutes before running the Soxhlet. The Soxhlet ran for 10 hours. (If you don’t have a Soxhlet, the next best thing is to simply boil the seeds in 1000 ml water and 1000 mg citric acid for 30 minutes and filter out the seeds. And then repeat that 2-5 more times with new water and the same seeds. You’d only add the acid to the first extraction.)

After that, the IPA was concentrated down to 25 ml. 450 ml of water was then added.

This was defatted in a 1000 ml CLLE (continuous liquid liquid extractor) using 700 ml DCM. The CLLE ran overnight for 18 hours (actually the DCM in the CLLE was clear after 10 hours, but SWIM left it running while at work). (This step could be replaced by a normal A/B defat using DCM in a separatory funnel if you don't have a CLLE. You would defat about 10 times with 200 ml DCM each time!)

The water was then made pH 9.5 with sodium carbonate and extracted into 700 ml of DCM using a 1000 ml CLLE. The CLLE ran for 10 hours until the DCM in the CLLE was clear. (This step could be replaced by a normal A/B extraction using DCM in a separatory funnel if you don't have a CLLE. You would extract about 5 times with 200 ml DCM each time!)

The DCM was distilled down to 25 ml right in the CLLE by closing the return valve.

After the DCM was down to 25 ml, SWIM added 50 ml of acetone and continued to distill off all the DCM.

After the DCM was gone, SWIM put the acetone in a glass dish and evaporated it at room temperature.

The extract was sticky and brownish amber in color. It was nothing at all like an extract from Vilca which is a dry hard amber colored crystalline material. It also smelled and tasted very difference from a Vilca alkaloid extract. DMT could be easily detected in the smell. The smell of bufotenine was absent. Tasting it, SWIM detected the plastic taste of DMT and none of the caffeine like taste of bufotenine.

SWIM added a little acetone to the sticky material and added 20 grams of calcium carbonate to it. This was mixed and then dried at room temperature. The calcium carbonate became yellow from the alkaloids. This was done to make the sticky material bone dry so SWIM could handle it and measure it more easily. SWIM then weighed the material and subtracted the 10 grams of calcium carbonate from it to get the overall total alkaloid content. SWIM then vaporized 10 mg of the extract (the actual amount was much larger because of the inactive calcium carbonate added to it). It produces pure DMT effects.

SWIM’s friend then analyzed the extract and determined that the total DMT (and DMT N-Oxide) content in the seed material was 1.2 %. He found no bufotenine, and no 5-MeO-DMT. There was some other unknown stuff present.

The following unique characteristics were noticed that separate this authentic Yopo from fake Yopo (which is actually usually just Vilca sold at a higher price for more profit!):

* The seeds taste different. It’s hard to describe, but the taste is quite different from Vilca. Vilca actually tastes better.
* There is much less fat. Vilca has tons of fat. These had maybe 1/4 as much fat in them.
* The alkaloid extract is very sticky (from lots of DMT N-Oxide no doubt) and not dry and hard like that from Vilca (which is mostly bufotenine).
* The alkaloid extract is brownish amber instead of amber as Vilca’s is.
* The alkaloid extract has a nutty smell and taste. A Vilca alkaloid extract is more bitter smelling and bitter tasting with no nutty smell or taste.
* Nearly all of the alkaloids from the extract vaporize between 60-80 C (indicating high DMT content). With Vilca nearly all the alkaloids vaporize between about 310-330 C (indicating high bufotenine content).

Viracocha
#73 Posted : 8/6/2008 4:43:46 AM

..still lc..

Averaging 0.7% +/- 0.05% per Kg of Acacia obtusifolia bark
Tek used is the LexTek v2 (tek will be publically available in 3-4 weeks)

lorax
#74 Posted : 8/20/2008 10:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

100g MHRB yielded in 0.26g double precip'ed, remelted spice.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

DreaMTripper
#75 Posted : 9/4/2008 5:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Friends cousin yeilded 800mg of pale yellow clean looking crystals from 100g of pre-powdered MHR root bark.

obliguhl
#76 Posted : 9/10/2008 10:56:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim got a scale and the horrible truth: 220g bark = 0.4g spice.

That's under 0.2% If I'm calculating correctly. The remaining mimosa lost it's dmt smell so his guess is that he was sold old bark.

Big Inhale
#77 Posted : 9/10/2008 4:10:04 PM

The Enlightend One

obliguhl wrote:
Swim got a scale and the horrible truth: 220g bark = 0.4g spice.

That's under 0.2% If I'm calculating correctly. The remaining mimosa lost it's dmt smell so his guess is that he was sold old bark.

was this from your supplier in the other thread
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

obliguhl
#78 Posted : 9/10/2008 4:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Darkbb
#79 Posted : 9/13/2008 2:05:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Unknown amount extracted using noman's tek with 200g mhrb. 5 250 ml pulls. Anybody got any idea on how much this is??
Darkbb attached the following image(s):
0911080523.jpg (111kb) downloaded 1,163 time(s).
0911080526.jpg (115kb) downloaded 1,156 time(s).
0911080526a.jpg (98kb) downloaded 1,155 time(s).

Infundibulum
#80 Posted : 9/13/2008 2:09:10 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Looks like 1.2 t0 1.5 grams? (taking your finger as a scaling standard)

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

«PREV23456NEXT»