We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
[RESEARCH] Cluster headache/migraine mitigation workspace Options

KlustoR
#21 Posted : 11/30/2015 6:03:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:
KlustoR, about how much dmt did you take for abort an attack and in what form ? it's like a treshold dose ?

I'm eppisodic and i don't tried yet because SHE don't still want to came this winter, maybe my previous experiment with subdoses os lsa and some very little ammount of dmt, almost none visual effect, bring SHE away, i hope so, but it's a very bad beast.

I'm not sure about the dosage, but i would say its more towards the 30/40mg range.
I only do one big lungs full toke, and usually thats more then enough, and most of the times there is plenty left if i should it feel comming back, i can fire my machine up straight away.

I should note that altough it does abort the individual attack, i've had attacks returning after couple of hours.. Its rare, but it happends, usually if it works, i'm good for a few hours.
Its no preventative tho, attacks will come back in the same severity as before, they also don't increase after multiple daily usage.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

xa
#22 Posted : 11/30/2015 9:03:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, yes i would try to use dmt for abort an attack....if came the beast i've some changa and dmt goo, for preventive use i'm trying with lsa now.
Bye
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

KlustoR
#23 Posted : 12/1/2015 12:44:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Let us all just hope it doesn't come back, and there is no need for you to test it Pleased
Pain free wishes !

Metanoia
#24 Posted : 1/6/2016 8:12:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
How do you use salvia plain leaves in this context Metonia, smoked in bong or quidded ?
Almost always smoked in a bong. I have actually begun to deliberately take days off so that I'm only using Salvia about twice a week now. Still, no migraines or serious depression.

I just read this article and wanted to share it here, brought tears to my eyes more than once.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/12/psychedelic-mushrooms-cured-my-cluster-headaches.html#

Jaffster
#25 Posted : 1/7/2016 10:51:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is some interesting reading.

I really do feel for cluster headache sufferers, I suffer from chronic migraine and it has a huge impact upon my life, sociability and my career. I can only begin to imagine what cluster headache sufferers go though....

Most of the links mentioned above mainly cover cluster headaches and not migraine, do we know if Changa has had any impact on the severity or frequency of chronic migraines also?

I only use freebase, I am reluctant to try anything with any kind of MAOI due to the treatments that I take for migraine prevention. My doctor went through all of the common legal, medicinal treatments:

- Sumatriptan (I take these as and when required)
- Propranolol (beta-blocker, had little impact on migraine occurance)
- Topiromate (Anti-epileptic drug, had some impact but it made my eyes itch like crazy)
- Amitriptyline (Anti-depressent in high doses, currently on 50mg a day and it does help, though doesn't prevent them completely).

I obviously can't take an MAOI whilst taking a tricyclic antidepressant, but if evidence suggests Changa also helps with migraine as well as cluster migraine then I'll happily be yet another guinea pig.

Muskogee Herbman
#26 Posted : 1/29/2016 4:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been experimenting with mescaline as a potential treatment, seems rather ignored in this arena. So far seems to have preventive effects around 150mg hcl. It seems to have interrupted a cycle.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

#27 Posted : 8/28/2016 4:24:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

http://psychedelictimes....treat-chronic-migraines/

A link I just came across.

[Didn't look through these couple pages to see if this has been covered, so im sorry]

bohoa
#28 Posted : 12/27/2016 4:48:56 PM

I love you!

Fittonia albavenis has been a tremendous help with my TBI headaches. Russo reported it was used as a ayahuasca admixture too. Anyone know the chemistry of this wonderful plant?
bohoa attached the following image(s):
IMG_2828.JPG (2,604kb) downloaded 302 time(s).
IMG_2840.JPG (2,804kb) downloaded 298 time(s).

exquisitus
#29 Posted : 12/28/2016 3:20:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

bohoa wrote:
Russo reported it was used as a ayahuasca admixture too.

thanx for the info.

i would like to try it for cluster headaches... but i have no clue as to where to buy it. where do you buy yours?

bohoa
#30 Posted : 12/29/2016 4:23:00 AM

I love you!

exquisitus wrote:
bohoa wrote:
Russo reported it was used as a ayahuasca admixture too.

thanx for the info.

i would like to try it for cluster headaches... but i have no clue as to where to buy it. where do you buy yours?

It's a fairly common grocery store or nursery plant. My SO saw it at the grocery store and thought it looked cool. If you can't find anything let me know. When I get propagating it down I'll send you a cutting.

Acharya
#31 Posted : 4/4/2017 9:15:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to have suicidal headaches. They lasted for hours upon endless hours. Usually at night, lasting 2 or 3 nights in a row.

They were so bad, I couldn't sit, stand, lay down, or even THINK. All I wanted was for it to stop! I'm against taking pills - but as a last resort I used to take 2 or 3 codeine containing pills to get the pain from 100 down to 60 or 70 so I could think.

Scalp self massaging worked to get it from 60 down to 20 or 30 which seemed like haven compared to 60. But self massaging only worked if I could concentrate - and I couldn't do that at 100.

The only real cure I found was prevention. Changing my lifestyle, doing sports, yoga, breathing exercises with movement. Because, if I would get that 100% migraine, I was hopeless and couldn't concentrate on ANYTHING except telling myself it's temporary.

It's important do always know that's it will pass.

Doing sports, yoga, adequate nutrition, anything to improve the elasticity of blood vessels is the only real cure.

I hope this helps as nobody should ever experience the hell that is cluster headaches.

downwardsfromzero
#32 Posted : 4/4/2017 10:21:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Fittonia_albivenis
Quote:
The Kofan and Siona-Secoya tribes of the Ecuadorian Amazon use F. albivenis as a treatment for headaches, and its leaves were used by the Machiguenga as a hallucinogen before they were introduced to Psychotria viridis. They are said to "produce visions of eyeballs."

Interesting... another one to look out for (and deserving of its own thread).

Threads found at the nexus:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=500403#post500403

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=424031#post424031

Quote:
No record indicates that the species nor its genus have been chemically studied.

Another opportunity for pushing back the foreskin of science, to borrow Shulgin's phrase!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

shamandrums
#33 Posted : 6/3/2017 11:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilocybin works for me. Heard of this effect on Cluster HAs in MAPS/etc articles, so as I began ceremonial trips after a long break from Spirit Fungi, I watched over a few months to see what occurred. Most of my life, had bad complex headaches: tension, osteoarthritis~neck issues, vascular. My dose: 3.5/6 grms but microdosing's reported as effective in research & anecdotally.

Within 4-5 months, dosing each 3 weeks, noticed Cluster headaches were out of the mix. Cool After a series of colds in late winter, I'd stopped for about 7 weeks & they returned, distinctly. I'd a string of horrid H.A.'s. 1 dose after this, halted the episodes clearly.

Reported this to Clusterbusters at PS17. Research by Heffter & Beckley show Psilocybin & moreover LSD / Lysergimides also work very well & for some 1 dose lasts months! Sumatriptan (Imitrex) never worked for me, even on vascular HAs & had bad side effects: chest pains, breathing issues I never have. Look to try LSD @ 100-150um dose followed by microdosing each 3 days for a month & see how if my other types of headaches are effected. Will follow up. My best to all on DMT-Nexus: Great forum!

Redguard
#34 Posted : 6/29/2017 5:07:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I wanted to come by and report a successful bust of a cluster cycle! I've been dealing with cluster headaches for close to ten years. I can generally see them coming a few weeks before they hit in a form of "shadows". 50 untreated morning glory seeds were ground up in a mortar and a 50/50 solution of water and lemon juice was poured over the seeds and sat in the fridge for two hours. It took about 30 minutes to kick in and the effects were like night and day. A great pressure was released in my head and I was able to function normally once more. Only a slight buzz was felt. One more dose was prepared and sat in the fridge for the next day.

I continued this process for 5 days, even though I overcame the worst of my cluster headaches a lingering headache did remain every morning. On the last day I prepared some san pedro and had a ceremony. After the San Pedro I completely aborted my cluster.

“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

WhiteSands
#35 Posted : 8/17/2019 3:26:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT 100% CURE! for Cluster migraines

I have personally Experimented and cured a family member of cluster migraines. And when I say cure I mean no more treatments required period.

Cluster headaches: are an excruciating form of headaches, that go beyond even the debilitating pain of migraines. Clinically a different type of headache altogether, they are characterized by severe, intense pain focused on one side of the head.
An episode can last several hours and can reoccur within a short time period, even several times within the same day. Around 1 in 500 people suffer from cluster headaches, and some report that their headaches are more painful than childbirth.

Just before I went to visit my father had no idea that he had been suffering from Chronic Cluster migraines for over 8 years in 3 to 4-month bouts with between 9 to 14 months between them. He was very quiet about it.

On my arrival, he was in the middle of a very bad bout and could not leave home without an oxygen bottle near him as they were occurring several times a day and lasting for between 20 and 45 minutes. Traditional medicine, prescribed by his neurologist was having no effect. The effects on his quality of life were detrimental. After some research on the net, we heard rumors that Lsd had some positive effects on cluster migraines. I suggested, "Why not try DMT". It was perfect timing, I had only learned about DMT a few months prior. He was ready to do anything at all to free himself of this debilitating illness. So I went about extracting, luckily it went very well and we ended up with some perfectly white/clear DMT crystals.

I left him in a quiet room after he had his first dose, Clearly, he had broken through! using a homemade coke bottle lung bong, inhaling an approximately 10 - 20mg of evaporated cloud in one breath-holding it in for over 20 sec. I returned to the room and almost at exactly 5 min he awoke wide-eyed and nodded "Wow that was really something!"

Unfortunately that night he described suffering one of the worse attacks that he's ever had, and we almost decided to stop experimenting. But a thought occurred to me later. What if it was working but needed more "hits" to finish the job. Wouldn't it be a shame if this was the answer but we stopped what we were doing because it appeared to cause migraines? I even jokingly commented, "The demon knows your trying to kill it and its fighting back". My father was of the attitude that even if there was a very slight 1% chance that this could be true he would like to continue just to be sure, as he would do anything to get rid of the migraine that had been ruining his life for so long, what difference would 1 more night of debilitating pain be.

Two more sessions later and my father experienced his first day without an attack in over 3 months!

After I left he finished off the last of the DMT over a period of a week or so and has not had a migraine since... That was 6 years ago.. with no further treatment required to this date.

I've shared this before. I hope this share finds its way to the right people. The stories I've heard about from my father's group are very sad he would tell me that it was very common that people would just disappear from the support group. He never told me himself but his other 1/2 told me stories about him running as fast as he could headfirst into a wall to try and knock himself out.

The suicide rate of people that suffer from cluster migraines is 40%.

According to Western Medicine, Cronic Cluster migraine is an incurable disease. DMT was the answer for us.

Good luck I hope it can help you too.

The Traveler
#36 Posted : 10/6/2019 12:07:19 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

tripwire
#37 Posted : 9/20/2020 7:00:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A new case to add to the ongoing research, plus some personal reflections on the situation.

Since last Friday (9 days ago) I started suffering intense and continuous cluster headaches. I didnt know until 3 days later when i rang the doctor. I got an immediate prescription of Sumatriptan. It worked. I was grateful beyond words. But only for about 8 hours. Then I needed another. And another. In no time at all I was at the absolute dosage limit. I'm still there.

Yesterday I awoke with immediate need to take another pill. But before I did that, my thoughts from the previous days came together to try a different approach. After a day or so of realizing just how important this medicine was to me, I naturally got a little curious and did some online research into the molecule. What I saw stunned me. I had been prescribed some 5 sub DMT! WTF! That wasn't on the label. Ok lets look around and look for the chemical names, as there always is with compounds. Nothing. Not on wikipedia which usually discloses chemical names. None of the chemical suppliers. I found one distinct chemical name for it:

1-[3-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-1H-indol-5-yl]-N-methylmethanesulfonamide

Would not something like (i'm no chemist) 5-sulfoxy-DMT be a bit easier to say and swallow?
I didn't research too deeply, but nowhere seemed to want to admit this. That was enough to get me suspicious.
>>

I had read and seen a couple of videos that LSD and in particular psilocybin (effectively psilocin) had been reported to be effective for cluster headache and migraine treatments. Normally, by now I would at least have had a summer LSD trip, and as such may have avoided this whole cluster headache episode. But due to lockdowns cancelling festivals and poor health, I hadn't done anything this year.

And then a burning question entered my mind. Why on earth would the pharmaceutical industry in a psychedelic adverse culture choose to doubly methylate tryptamine unless they absolutely had to?
Now I don't claim any expertise, I have only the cards to play with that I have laid in front of me. And some of those cards are the same one's we here at the Nexus share. Namely a grasp of the shapes of the different tryptamines and their subjective and functional differences.

So lets play. We have the backbone tryptamine. In the body the addition of the hydroxy group at the 5 position gives us serotonin, our feel good but not so trippy molecule. If we doubly methylate tryptamine we get out familiar friend DMT. Psychedelic AF. Doubly methylating the 5-sub serotonin gives us bufotenin, which most evidence suggests gives an attenuated visual experience at best. A methoxy at the 5-sub position gives us 5-Meo-DMT which definitely has attenuated visuals.

But they still are psychedelic, and still have some visual element. Once tryptamine is doubly methylated, it seems quite hard to disable the psychedelic effect completely. Is that the only purpose of the sulfoxy (whatever, i need a name haha) group on Sumatriptan?

This 5 sulfoxy doesnt even help with getting through first pass MAO in the stomach. Most of it is rapidly destroyed just like DMT. The medicine itself admits 85% loss to first pass MAO A metabolization. A 4-sub like Psilocin would dramatically improve this efficiency, but then that would seem to improve the psychedelic potential while reducing the chances of attenuating at the 5 position.

Is sumatriptan simply frankenstein DMT with need to disable psychoactivity placed above desire to heal people with this terrible condition?

The night before I awoke that Saturday morning I saw a video by a nice german chap who was behind the development of 2-bromo LSD as safer and more effective medicine for migraines and cluster headaches. He mentioned a couple of times that he faced some funding difficulties and alluded to more that he was not willing to discuss. The clear implications was there's lots of money being made from these Triptans, and a couple of US Nexus members indicated costs of around $40 a pill.

Evidence of big pharma being a bit Mafia like? Perhaps. But this day (yesterday) I thought fuck it, the sumatriptan isnt fixing the problem, just buying a little time, and embarassingly armed with most of the alternatives, decided to try one of the alternatives. Due to its long lasting effect and
need to avoid MAO inhibitors I decided to go for LSD.

It was a good idea i think, but here's where i just got unlucky. I awoke noticing i had a bad tooth infection starting up, very much like an abcess. I never trip with mouth/tooth pain, and especially not with an abcess. So maybe i should stick to the sumatriptans today. But then if i microdose the LSD, that surely cant do any harm. If its the best medicine it might work at below psychoactive dose, a factor that was critical today.

So swallowing my pride about scoffing about microdosing, i prepared a bottle with 2 drops of 100ug LSD added to 18 drops of spiced rum using same size pipette. 10ug a drop right? So after a little consideration, and wanting to balance need to find alternate medicine with not wanting to trip with an abcess I went for a reasonable 3 drops for a 30ug dose of LSD.

It came at me like it was 200ug.

I really didn't want to trip with an abcess, and how can this be, i definitely did not get my bottles mixed up, but i started to have doubts. What if a cluster came at me while tripping hard? The set and setting couldn't have been worse, well known in advance which is also why i didn't want to trip.

Well as usual with questions relating to should i have dropped this or that, it doesn't take long before the same answer comes back in all cases..... The immortal 'Its too late now' Smile
As it happens, the world didnt explode into visual splendour, with beautiful geometric animations of my evolving abcess pain, but there was definitely way more effect than there should have been.

I had taken no MAOIs. They are contra-indicated with sumatriptan. I had of course taken a small amount of an ergotamine derivative that was also contra-indicated but at 12 hours after my last sumatriptan dose, which is was longer between doses than i had managed before. I bought a couple of hours from waking with a small line of coke which can hold off a headache for a short while till i got the diluted LSD prepared.

So either sumatriptan has potentiated this diluted LSD or the cluster headache chemistry itself potentiates it. That is currently unknown. Things got messy at this point as the need to neutralize the tooth pain meant i had to start chucking too many drugs down neck and nose to draw any meaningful conclusions and in the end i had to go to hospital for some stiff antibiotics for the abcess.

But one thing was salvaged from the wreckage. That 'micro' (ahem) dose did indeed chase off the cluster headache for the whole day. Until I did something that i had tried unsuccessfully for two other nights during this cluster period, which was to drop a valium to get some sleep. Just as the valium was coming on, the cluster headache started to ring behind my eye. This is exactly what happened the other two times i dropped some valium to try to get to sleep before having to take that third and at-the-limit sumatriptan for the day. It seems valium undoes the good work. The pattern was clear now, wont be trying that again.

Not exactly ideal clinical conditions, but real life is what it is. There is definitely scope for LSD to and the other doubly methylated tryptamines to work, and it could be that the 5HT2a agonism could be a requirement for the full medical effect required. Sumatriptan seems to be a miracle drug, but it feels like its just missing the mark. The 5HT2a mark. The psychedelic effect.

And now, for me, this has got personal. Thank you for reading.

The nice german chap video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNonSMghN40

And the 5 sub frankenstein DMT that no-one will admit:

The Traveler
#38 Posted : 10/10/2020 12:56:46 PM

"No, seriously"

Thank you for this additional information!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Allegro Vivo
#39 Posted : 1/1/2021 10:59:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an older thread, possibly no longer popping up on people's radar, but I thought I'd briefly weigh in.

I've suffered from episodic clusters most of my adult life (for the record I've never heard the term "cluster migraines", nor have I ever heard of anyone suffering from both - but of course anything, in this case unfortunately, is possible).

I've been lucky to be in a kind of remission for half a dozen years. This may be due to advanced age, a blessing to be sure as the pain is pretty much unbearable. My point in writing is that any fellow clusterheads reading this should in addition to researching entheogen usage (I've heard Syrian rue seeds can be helpful) read up on the vitamin regimen much spoken of at clusterheaches.com. This link will take you there (I think!):

http://www.clusterheadac...com/wwwboard2/index.html

Many, many have been helped by this method.

Additionally, there's a good description there of the O2 treatment, which really worked for me when I needed it. Try this link:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/O2/index.html

I'm happy to help anyone with more info.

The Traveler
#40 Posted : 1/2/2021 2:37:53 PM

"No, seriously"

Thank you for adding to this thread!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PREV12