We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
extracting celtic sea salt Options

doodlekid
#1 Posted : 6/25/2015 6:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been looking for a simple way to get rid of the sodium and preferably chloride as well from grey sea salt (aka celtic sea salt).

Now I've seen it can be done with lye, it's a method used by the industry for separating magnesium from the bulk to sell it seperately, but the exact method I can't find. Does anyone know how to do this?

To be precise, I want to remove the most abundant elements, sodium and chloride and keep the rest, so it can be used as mineral fertilizer (or is it fertiliser?) Anyway hope someone knows how.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

astralspice
#2 Posted : 6/27/2015 5:28:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mixing lye with Celtic sea salt, this will cause an ORMUS type product to precipitate. It makes for a great plant food but it can be dangerous for self ingestion.
REALITY 5.0

doodlekid
#3 Posted : 6/28/2015 6:02:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So,

* dissolve the salt in water

* add lye

* wait for precipitation

then keep the precipitation.

But, there probably are some variables like the amount of lye/ salt/ water.

And ofcourse, what actually happens in the proces?

I've read something like this gotta be it, but why this way should work and what really happens is a mystery. But most important is to have some kind of ratio for the ingedrients...

Also important is to know what kind of yield to expect. So how much of 1 kg salt you retain after separation of sodium, chloride and the rest.

If anyone knows please help me out Wink

jamie
#4 Posted : 6/28/2015 7:02:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"o it can be used as mineral fertilizer (or is it fertiliser?)"

Not in the conventional sense of a fertilizer. That is as much as I am going to say about this on the public forum..

To be clear, what you have described here is basically the wet tek method developed by Don Nance..(and that is your hint, if you missed it...with that lead you can find the info you are looking for).

I don't think that this kind of info should be spread around here much considering the scope of this forum. It's much more dangerous to play around with than something like DMT in the long run IMO and limited experience. What is really going on, is a bit of a mystery.
Long live the unwoke.

cyb
#5 Posted : 6/28/2015 7:13:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

doodlekid wrote:
I want to remove the most abundant elements, sodium and chloride and keep the rest,

You want to remove the Sodium and Chloride from NaCL (Sodium Chloride)??
What is left??...
Trace elements/minerals??...

Why not just seek the elements/minerals?
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Auxin
#6 Posted : 6/28/2015 9:52:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its 84% salt and 14% water.
Whats left is mostly epsom salts with some potassium sulfate and small amounts of other stuff.

It sounds like an absurdly wasteful method to get an impure magnesium and potassium supplement.
Your own pee would probably be a better fertilizer.
Alternately, drought tolerant weeds fermented in plain water for 5 days makes a nice outdoor liquid fertilizer concentrate. The weeds mine and accumulate minerals from deep in the subsoil.
Why pay for ferts and dump buckets of salt and lye down the drain when two excellent fertilizers are free?

Psybin
#7 Posted : 7/5/2015 4:38:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

astralspice wrote:
mixing lye with Celtic sea salt, this will cause an ORMUS type product to precipitate. It makes for a great plant food but it can be dangerous for self ingestion.

I thought the nexus was above whacked out conspiracy theories. It's even more troubling because of how many people here have a professional background in chemistry. My apologies if this was, in fact, a joke. Wut?

Psybin
#8 Posted : 7/5/2015 4:43:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
It's much more dangerous to play around with than something like DMT in the long run IMO and limited experience. What is really going on, is a bit of a mystery.

Except that nothing is going on because it's all a bunch of bologna. Can't we just be honest with ourselves for a minutes and acknowledge that ORMUS/ORMES is bunk pseudoscience?

jamie
#9 Posted : 7/5/2015 4:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ohhhh okay I see..cus you know whats going on.
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#10 Posted : 7/5/2015 5:46:24 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Neutral

There really isn't any need to get feisty my friends.

The OP asked how to isolate out the extra minerals/whatever from celtic sea salt and got his answer...case closed.

Ormus is interesting IMO but outside the scope of this forum in some ways, and understandably is met by skepticism since we really don't know what is going on...and there is a lot of BS out there involving people trying to make a quick buck.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Psybin
#11 Posted : 7/5/2015 11:10:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Ohhhh okay I see..cus you know whats going on.

I hope you're joking. It's not simply outlandish, it's contrary to several laws of physics and frankly nothing more than someone's get rich quick scheme. This is the advanced chemistry section, let's be reasonable, no?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/ORMUS

Because pseudoscience is exactly the kind of thing that hinders what we do here on this site.