We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Induction of lucid dreams: A systematic review of evidence. Options

Ufostrahlen
#1 Posted : 6/23/2015 11:58:25 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Sweet stuff.

Quote:
This is the subject of a recent essay published in the journal Consciousness and Cognition. The authors, all German and Swiss researchers, looked at 35 studies of lucid dreaming induction, or techniques for gaining self-awareness and clarity in the dreamstate. Researchers rated the effectiveness of the techniques as well as the quality of the studies.

1. LaBerge’s MILD (mnemonically induced lucid dreaming)
2. Reflection (Also called reality testing)
3. Building intentionality
4. Tholey’s combined technique (reality testing plus intentionality)
5. Light stimulus (lucid dreaming masks, such as the NovaDreamer and the Remee)
6. WBTB (Wake back to bed)

http://dreamstudies.org/...cid-dreaming-techniques/

PDF of the study:

Stumbrys, T., Erlacher, D., Schädlich, M., & Schredl, M. (2012). Induction of lucid dreams: A systematic review of evidence. Consciousness and Cognition, 21(3), 1456-1475.

Plenty of interesting lucid dream studies by this fella:

http://stumbrys.com/publications/
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 11/26/2015 11:29:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A shame they missed out mindfulness meditation practice here as a lucid dream induction practice, I think this could be quite an important technique for enhancing lucidity and dream recall.

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 11/26/2015 12:28:05 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

I guess this was cutting-edge research back in 2012. How many research papers did exist in 2012 about mindfulness and lucid dreams? I guess not much, if any.

Also Stumbrys & Erlacher are researching this field quite intensely, so if the "publish or perish" paragdim hasn't changed, we'll see more papers in the future.

I watched the "Wednesday with Bob Monroe" series today, very interesting. The notion of "cluster-Is" is funny and I wonder why the average Joe (like me) isn't aware of this. The series covers an extended view on his writings, so definitely a recommendation. Furthermore, I think these concepts are the Western versions of Buddhism. The same concept, but different words.

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/26/2015 1:13:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also stop smoking weed for regular smokers Smile

For me what has worked the most is reality checks (in my case is simply asking if I know what day of the week and month it is and how I go there since in dreams there is rarely or never such a coherent story).

Also waking up and going back to sleep thinking about lucid dreaming works great.

Whenever the subject of lucid dreaming comes up I like to tell this story that once happened to me... For a while in my life I had lucid dreams every single day, so I'd explore tons of things, including sex, teletransportation, learning skills that carried over into real life, visiting places, 360 vision, breathing under water etc.... So at some point I decided to talk to explore the more philosophical aspects of the dream world, so I started talking to the characters in my dreams. Once I asked: "what is it like being a character in my dream?".. And the person answered to me: "but it is YOU who's a character in MY dream! " Shocked

Very happy

#5 Posted : 11/26/2015 1:29:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Good stuff.

A simple mindfulness meditation is real powerful for this, if done consistently.

Dream journals also work well, recording each dream as you awake during the early morning.

As end said - reality checks. Find a few key things in your day to day, like a door knob or a clock with the time; make a point to engage with those particular moments/items, ask 'am i dreaming', then go about your day. These eventually carry over into dreaming.

Getting up early in the morning, around 4am or so. Get up, grab a glass of water, walk around briefly for 5 or so minutes, get a bit of blood flowing, then go back to sleep.

And eat moar psychedelics. Very happy

endlessness wrote:
Whenever the subject of lucid dreaming comes up I like to tell this story that once happened to me... For a while in my life I had lucid dreams every single day, so I'd explore tons of things, including sex, teletransportation, learning skills that carried over into real life, visiting places, 360 vision, breathing under water etc.... So at some point I decided to talk to explore the more philosophical aspects of the dream world, so I started talking to the characters in my dreams. Once I asked: "what is it like being a character in my dream?".. And the person answered to me: "but it is YOU who's a character in MY dream! "

Stop Shocked Very happy

NotTwo
#6 Posted : 5/21/2016 1:59:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Watching a Science and Non Duality recently revived my interest in lucid dreaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozGrXvTlTc

with Alan Wallace, Stephen LaBerge and Fariba Bogzaran.

Something that Alan said (round about minute 45) really attracted my attention - the parallels between realizing everything in the dream is just "mind" (I'd be tempted to call it awareness) and then bringing that understanding back to the waking state.

I had a couple of small successes over two months at achieving LD but then went and bought Stephen LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming along with a bottle of Dreamleaf pills a couple of weeks ago. I followed the advice given in the book very closely and took the pills. Just the third day in I also smoalked some spice at about 6 pm. Quite a weird experience as I tried to maintain full body awareness throughout refusing to get drawn into any kind of "hallucination" - the result was some sort of super ecstatic energy body (difficult to describe). That night I had four extended periods of LD, absolutely incredible! I did some classic tests like flying and got joined by two women flying around with me. I was also able to go back to what Alan Wallace had talked about regarding it all being a mind creation and how you could apply that to the waking state. At one point I said to myself, it's so easy to maintain this LD state, I can just go on and on without coming out of it - no idea how long it was in fact but a very long time. Out of interest the next two days I felt physically and emotionally drained.

That was four nights ago. I haven't managed to repeat any LD since then but really trying hard. G/f isn't here for a few nights now so I don't have to feel guilty about waking myself up at 4am Big grin

Love to hear anyone else's experiences with LD and whether anyone else has found DMT has helped with these.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.