We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Hello Nexus! Options

ninjaxmasparty
#1 Posted : 6/21/2015 8:56:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everybody, Just doing the intro here. I'm not sure exactly how to really describe myself. I guess I see myself as a very kind, very eccentric, humble, mercurial, loyal, artistic, and manic depressive person. Almost everything I'm into revolves around art of some kind. I love music and have been a musician since I was a young kid, I love film, good people, a big part of my life is working with plants. I also really love cannabis and I use it everyday, for both recreational and medicinal purposes. I love animals and have a few very strong animal rights beliefs. I don't even kill mosquitoes even if they are sucking my blood.
Like probably a lot of people on here, I have a deep and intense history of mental and eventually physical drug addiction. I quit using pretty much all drugs (besides pot and naturally occurring psychedelics) about 3 years ago and have decided I don't ever want to go back to that. I have smoked DMT quite a few times in the past but never took it very seriously and hadn't used any until a friend offered me some a few weeks ago. Since that experience, which was far more profound than even the much higher dosage trips I had experienced when I was using it years ago, I've become absolutely fascinated with DMT and really want to delve into it. I joined the DMT Nexus hoping to learn more and to be able to communicate with the other seekers out there. I love the information on this website and the maturity,kindness and understanding that seems to be far better practiced on these forums than any others I've come across.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TGO
#2 Posted : 6/22/2015 1:47:29 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hello and Welcome to the Nexus!

You have come to the right place!

ninjaxmasparty wrote:
I love music and have been a musician since I was a young kid

There are definitely a lot of music lovers around here! What instruments do you play? Also be sure to check out the Music/Art/Literature Section because there are a lot of interesting threads there!

ninjaxmasparty wrote:
I quit using pretty much all drugs (besides pot and naturally occurring psychedelics) about 3 years ago and have decided I don't ever want to go back to that.

Thumbs up I can definitely relate to that. It is nice to be free from such substances!

ninjaxmasparty wrote:
I've become absolutely fascinated with DMT and really want to delve into it. I joined the DMT Nexus hoping to learn more and to be able to communicate with the other seekers out there. I love the information on this website and the maturity,kindness and understanding that seems to be far better practiced on these forums than any others I've come across.

If you are looking to extract, there are many viable teks and endless amounts of information within this site. Be sure to browse around and research but do feel free to ask any questions. Most of the folks around here are nice, patient and willing to share their knowledge with you!

Anywho...welcome once again and may you find everything you seek!

PEACE

-The Grateful One-
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

ninjaxmasparty
#3 Posted : 6/22/2015 1:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey thank you Grateful One! That's excellent hadn't noticed the Music/Arts/ and Literature section. There's a few instruments I can play but the one I really play is guitar. Are you a musician as well?
Yes! I've never done an extraction before and learning about the extractions is actually what originally brought me to becoming a member here. I should've mentioned that in the intro I guess. I know very little of chemistry, and to be honest, it's generally not something I've ever been able to get too interested in. But I really would like to better learn just even the basics so that I can achieve solid yields(have read a disturbing amount of reports of low yields even on the DMT Nexus) and also to make sure I do it safely among other things. I also have questions about "changa" which I had never even heard of before. Same with NMT. Never heard of it at all but sounds like I've done plenty of it in the past. Did always wondered why the yellow stuff felt a little different than the white but thought I was just imagining it.
Well thanks again for the warm welcome Grateful One I appreciated it!

TGO
#4 Posted : 6/24/2015 3:56:31 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Smile No problemn!

I am indeed a musician! My instrument of choice these days is the guitar too but I can play percussion/drums, piano, trumpet, bass...and I try to sing! Laughing

Everything Changa is a great place to start researching changa. It is a very in-depth thread I highly recommend reading.

Everything NMT (Found in the Wiki) contains a lot of important info in regards to NMT and its properties and uses.

When it comes to extracting, I prefer food safe teks. I will use/have used some of those dangerous/toxic chemicals in the past and while it works very well I still prefer teks that use things like vinegar and D-limonene. For great food safe teks check out Q21Q21's Tek(s)!

Well anyway...this should help get you started on some of those topics you were interested in!

Have a nice day!

Smile

ninjaxmasparty
#5 Posted : 6/25/2015 3:38:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brilliant! I have long wished I could play both the piano and the trumpet. Mainly the piano. It's lazy of me that I haven't to be honest because unlike the trumpet or percussion, I have really easy access to pianos (my father is also a life time musician and he's got a grand piano along with several keyboards) and I only live about a mile away from my parents house.

I will definitely be looking at both of those threads. I've been overwhelmed (for lack of a better word) by all there is to learn here so I've actually created a list of all the things I want to do research on (at least before I ask anymore questions of the community.) My friend who sort of reintroduced me to DMT 2 weeks ago, gave me some mullein (which I had never heard of even though it grows everywhere where I live) which I tried smoking but don't understand what it's purpose is? I read in one of your other posts that you also use mullein among other things. What does it do for you? I smoked some by itself but am still unsure of how it helps with DMT.

Okay now for extractions (I might use that SWIM thing when talking about this. I'm very very new the social internet world, I don't even like using facebook, and recently learned of the SWIM way of indentification. I figured I'll just use it when talking of specific things if I can remember) Okay so SWIM has already procured all of what is needed to perform "Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek" (which I chose a long while ago after reading some good reviews and getting a sort of "good feeling" about it). But has no idea as to which method is the best to use, especially for the beginner. SWIM is using ACRB but has no idea whether it is any good or not (SWIM has heard of people getting super low to nonexistent yields and wonders is this more due to a mistake of some kind during the extraction process or simply bad bark? Have your experiences with bark quality been generally pretty good? Have you ever used ACRB? How do you think it compares to MHRB? I want to also make ayahuasca but have no idea how much bark to use because of this. I'm thinking between 12-25 grams. It will be my first ayahuasca experience. The bark looks exactly like it should though so that is encouraging. As usual SWIM would like to know what you think (But doesn't want to waste your time or annoy either.) And thank you for all your kind replies and love Grateful One! You have made me feel a lot more comfortable on this site. You have a nice day too!

Wyald
#6 Posted : 6/25/2015 9:52:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Big grin
Open your mind and expand your conscious.

TGO
#7 Posted : 6/25/2015 10:15:34 PM

Welcoming committee

Okay, so mullein is just one of many inert herbs that is used to infuse your DMT into. When DMT is infused into a smokable herb it becomes enhanced leaf. When you infuse DMT and Harmalas into a smokable herb it becomes changa.

I like to use mullein because it is not harsh to smoke and soaks up DMT quite well. Smoking mullein by itself doesn't really do much. It can be made into a tea though (mullein tea) which I have never tried.

Regarding SWIM...you can use it if you want but most people dont because it doesn't provide any actual legal help. Everyone knows SWIM means "you"...it was really just a paranoid attempt at a legal shield against incriminating yourself.

I have never personally attempted Cybs tek so I have no expertise in that area. Many others on here do including Cyb him/herself. I personally like the food safe teks such as Q21Q21's jimjam party and white fluffy funfest. (I'm writing this on my phone at work so I can't link anything for you at the moment, lol)

When it comes to bark quality, I test several sources. If your bark is good and you stick to the tek you will achieve great results. Failure often occurs when people deviate from the tek and start winging it. I do not recommend winging it unless you have a decent understanding of chemistry and know what you are doing. Safety first!

I only use ACRB because Mimosa is pretty much impossible to find in the States. I have never received bunk bark but that could just be me. Yield is typically around 2% with ACRB in my experience. Keep in mind ACRB has NMT and beta carbolines which can make it through to the final product. This is also dependent on what tek you use. Cybs tek yields pure DMT crystals while q21q21's jimjam party yields a full spectrum product with all the alkaloids unless a "cleanup step" is performed to yield pure DMT.

MHRB is something I haven't been able to work with in years due to legal issues so I personally cannot compare the two. Although I hear that Mimosa is mostly DMT with fewer other alkaloids in comparison to ACRB.

Using ACRB for Aya can be tricky. I would go with 3g Syrian rue and anywhere from 5-15g ACRB. Due to the alkaloids found in ACRB dosing can vary. I would always start low and build your way up. Or brew a couple of doses and redose if necessary.

Also, you are by no means, wasting my time or being annoying! I like helping people when I can because I know the wealth of information found here can be overwhelming!

Best of luck!

Thumbs up

ninjaxmasparty
#8 Posted : 6/26/2015 5:41:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@Wyald: Thank you, Wyald!Smile

@The Grateful One: Alright cool that's pretty much what I've read about the mullein. It apparently has a wide variety of light medicinal applications but none that seemed too relevant to DMT so I just had to ask to see why so many people choose to use it as part of their mixture. The friend that gave it to me had just received it from a friend of his, and he hadn't used it yet and he also didn't know it's use. Yes it was quite easy on the throat! I thought it was a nice like soft smoke with a slight sort of herb/savory taste. I think I will probably do the same thing as you for changa. Looks like it's relatively easy to extract the alkaloids out of Syrian Rue so that should be nice and easy for me as I have plenty of Syrian Rue.

Thank you for telling me that about SWIM. Haha yeah I already didn't feel comfortable using it before as like a full on safeguard.

Oh man yeah I actually would much rather have a full spectrum product than just the pure DMT. So this is not the case with Cyb's TEK. Do you think it is possible to yield a full spectrum product using a vinegar, lye, naphtha based TEK? I will look into that today as it'd be nice to not have to buy new materials plus I don't know where to get calcium hydroxide or d-Limonene outside of ordering them on the internet which makes me nervous. Haha yeah I would never want to wing it with this kinda thing. Chemicals kind of freak me out so I will definitely be taking precautions. Haha yeah I definitely made sure to buy some safety equipment!

Man I know things have changed I guess. I had the same problems when trying to order MHRB. I remember friends being able to get it very easily and cheaply but that was years ago. I fear that it won't be long before the same thing happens to ACRB. I don't really mind using the ACRB though (I think? haha), I actually like the idea of getting more of a full spectrum product. Seems like you'd be getting a much higher yield too if your not discarding all the NMT and other alkaloids as it looks like Acacia is about as much NMT as DMT. Haha it's all good Grateful OneSmile I've been reading that page already actually after you recommended Q21Q21.

Yeah I'm a bit nervous to be doing aya for the first time. I'll be giving that a go once I feel ready for it. The idea of brewing several moderate doses and then re-dosing if desired sounds like a very good one.

Awesome Grateful One thank you once again! Haha and I'm glad to not be bothering you with the questions. I promise I definitely do my own research but it's nice to get opinions from people with experience as well you know? And often I just can't find the information that you guys possess. Haha plus I just like talking about things that we all find interesting! Helps me a lot. Smile Take care Grateful One!

Doc Buxin
#9 Posted : 6/26/2015 7:21:37 PM

Pay No Mind

It seems we've already been acqainted, but welcome to the nexus ninjaxmasparty!Big grin
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Doc Buxin
#10 Posted : 6/26/2015 7:23:21 PM

Pay No Mind

The Grateful One wrote:
I am indeed a musician! My instrument of choice these days is the guitar too but I can play percussion/drums, piano, trumpet, bass...and I try to sing!

Seems that we have even more things in common Grateful!Very happy

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

ninjaxmasparty
#11 Posted : 6/27/2015 1:30:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Doc Buxin! Smile

chemicalg
#12 Posted : 6/27/2015 1:35:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya mate, welcome. You'll find a lot of good souls aboard this ship Smile G
Everything is nothing all at the same time!!

ninjaxmasparty
#13 Posted : 6/27/2015 1:50:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey chemicalg! Yes I truly have been. And now I've met another one! Thank you friend! Smile

TGO
#14 Posted : 6/27/2015 4:55:01 PM

Welcoming committee

ninjaxmasparty wrote:

Oh man yeah I actually would much rather have a full spectrum product than just the pure DMT. So this is not the case with Cyb's TEK. Do you think it is possible to yield a full spectrum product using a vinegar, lye, naphtha based TEK? I will look into that today as it'd be nice to not have to buy new materials plus I don't know where to get calcium hydroxide or d-Limonene outside of ordering them on the internet which makes me nervous. Haha yeah I would never want to wing it with this kinda thing. Chemicals kind of freak me out so I will definitely be taking precautions. Haha yeah I definitely made sure to buy some safety equipment!

Yes indeed, especially with ACRB. Check out this tek ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly)

You could skip the cleanup step (the cleanup step is used to remove plant fats and oils and other *for some people* unwanted alkaloids) and evap your naphtha pulls in a well ventilated area.

Edit: i should have said this originally but Naphtha is not ideal for full spec as DansMaTete pointed out. I am/was merely giving a suggestion as to what you could do with lye, naphtha, and vinegar.

Or, honestly the cleanup step isn't difficult but if full spec is what you are after than bingo!
Just remember there are many ways to skin a cat! Laughing

Doc Buxin wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:
I am indeed a musician! My instrument of choice these days is the guitar too but I can play percussion/drums, piano, trumpet, bass...and I try to sing!

Seems that we have even more things in common Grateful!Very happy

Thumbs up Glad to hear it! I don't know what my life would be like if it weren't for music! I would be lost! Smile

DansMaTete
#15 Posted : 6/27/2015 5:38:25 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

ACRB TEK 100g "PICS" (Newbie Friendly) - cleanup step = Cyb's TEK Razz

Naphtha is definitly not the right solvent to get the largest spectrum of alkaloids. Limonene, xylen or toluen are what you need. If you heat soup and naphtha (60°C bain-marie style no open flamme !) during pulls the spectrum will be a little bigger though.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

TGO
#16 Posted : 6/27/2015 5:47:36 PM

Welcoming committee

Laughing I should have realized that! *Facepalm*

I would definitely recommend D-limo/xylene for full spec but without access to those solvents I figured this would be at least a semi-decent alternative...

Smile

ninjaxmasparty
#17 Posted : 6/28/2015 12:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All good Grateful One!Smile Your advice is greatly appreciated and thank you very much DansMaTete for that important clarification. So I've decided since I already am ready to do a naphtha, vinegar, and lye extraction that I will just try both. I already found what is needed for Q21Q21's TEKs and will get started once I am able. Thanks again guys!Thumbs up

TGO
#18 Posted : 6/28/2015 7:51:46 PM

Welcoming committee

Good luck Ninjaxmasparty! Let us know how it goes!

Thumbs up Thumbs up

ninjaxmasparty
#19 Posted : 6/30/2015 1:19:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Grateful One!Smile I certainly will.

marz
#20 Posted : 7/2/2015 9:15:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus enjoy your stay my friend.
EAT,SLEEP,NEXUS,REPEAT Cool Love
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

12NEXT