We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Convolutional neural network" crazy images created by computer Options

anrchy
#1 Posted : 6/19/2015 1:00:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I don't really understand all the l33t speak in this article but it sounds to me like a facial recognition software was somehow working in reverse and is possibly the source of the image.

Either way it makes me feel like I'm trippin just looking at these and seems very dmtesque to me.

http://thecreatorsprojec...chine?utm_source=tcpfbus
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 6/19/2015 1:05:39 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Thumbs up

Nice! Those are quite trippy. I'd love to see these images blown up and put onto posters. I'd definitely buy one...or two...nope I'd buy all of them! Laughing

Thanks for sharing!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

anrchy
#3 Posted : 6/19/2015 1:15:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oops, someone already posted this.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

TGO
#4 Posted : 6/19/2015 1:18:28 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

True, but your link has a few more computer generated psychedelic images in it. Perhaps the threads should be merged?

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

hixidom
#5 Posted : 6/19/2015 4:47:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's still cool to see new articles about it. At least in my little bubble, it seems like the publicity for this research is blowing up.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

anrchy
#6 Posted : 6/19/2015 5:15:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya I'm seeing it all over. It got me thinking, and I think someone on the other post touched base on the idea as well. These images see to display a very similar pattern layering that I get with psychedelics. Almost like an information dump is happening and our pattern recognition systems in our brain are overlaying images over stuff in real time.

DreaMTripper
#7 Posted : 6/19/2015 11:55:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its stands to reason as going by the psylocibin study some of the regions of our brains become more connected therefore creating a different picture of the world around us. Maybe our memories, emotions and spacial recognition regions to name a few are more interwoven with the visual cortex and thus producing the visuals that we see, feel and taste.
I know from experience emotions can alter the visuals and vice versa. The less anxiety the more colour for one.

Whatis
#8 Posted : 6/23/2015 2:31:07 AM

Its a question of perspective...

I was about to post this aswell, but came across this thread.

These images are really crazy. They are works of art created by computers without any human creativity involved at all. As I understand it, the computers have been programmed to recognise objects in images and then enhance the images based on what they think they are seeing. This process is repeated several times and the image is modified beyond all recognition.

What is nuts is some of the images have been created from an original that was random white noise. So in a sense the images are the 'imagination' of computers.

The psychedelic nature of the images are difficult to ignore. And quite facinating. These images wouldn't look out of place in the Nexus.

Here is another article about it: http://gu.com/p/4avxn/sbl
Much Love <3 xx