We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A fatty problem. Options

Spiced
#1 Posted : 9/8/2009 6:09:55 PM

Terra Incognita

Hi, I seem to have a problem, again.

I had 3 jars filled with what seemed to be a lot of DMT crystals, but they where sticking to the sides of the jars, so i tried to scrape them off the sides, but when i tried that, they became waxy, and when i touch the wax it feels really fat, like it's made of some kind of fat/oil, i threw most of that stuff away, but i had one extraction left in the mixing jar that i did today.

Here are the pictures of my last jar.

The jar, with what looks like a shitload of DMT. (shiny blob on the right is some ice.)

The fatty stuff, after trying to scrape it off, when still wet.

What should i do with it, wait for the stuff to dry and try to scrape it all out again, or just don't bother, and throw it away.

I don't wanna smoke that stuff, maybe i'm gonna try to re-crystalize it.

Did anyone had something similiar before?

EDIT; I just took a small leftover of a joint, took some of the weed out, filled it with the whitest looking bit's of that DMT, put some weed on top of that again, and smoked it.

Result; my whole room smells like DMT so i'm sure i burned all of it Razz , but i'm not tripping, i think, it doesn't feel like just being stoned (it's also my first toke of weed today) i'm more euphoric then before, colours appear to be slightly brighter/intense, but then again, it could be a combination of being stoned and my imagination, but it looks like it, i am more euphoric though, i feel different then being just stoned, it's a very relaxing effect, and it get's a little stronger the more i'm writing about it.

Not really tripping from it though, and i've put enough in there to trip from it, approximatly 0.5, all by all, very relaxing, smooth and pretty euphoric feeling. Very happy

Srange that i don't trip from it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

corridors of my cells
#2 Posted : 9/8/2009 8:05:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude first of all dont throw any product away Razz they dont always come out as its seen in the jar when you scratch them or you dont always endup getting white stuff especially after first pull. i had the same thing happening to me.

that picture doesnt look so bad may be sodium carbonate wash can help you out with that.. but to be honest if you dry them and crush them when dried i think they will look much better.. it looks smokable to me.. i used to smoke similar looking stuff after dried a few times. even the first dmt i smoked was orange powder. dont be so affraid of the waxy stuff that much. may need some time to dry tho. when drying dont let them as big pieces, crush them with a razor or something Smile and nice yield.. is this 3 pulls?

Spiced
#3 Posted : 9/8/2009 8:21:27 PM

Terra Incognita

It's 2 pulls, i added that last residue from the jar in the picture, wich was goo aswell, but far from a nice yield, the picture is kinda making it look bigger then it is, my first try with the Nomans tek was way better, all white and very clean, (you saw that picture) and it was maybe a little more, while that first try was with 50gr of mimosa, now i tried to use a combination of Nomans tek and the lazymans guide, 100gr., and with the warm Naptha idea from you, (wich was a good idea btw).

I formed an emulsion while shaking it too hard, so probably a lot of plant fats are in that wax stuff, plus i used too little water and too much Lye.

To re-crystalize, wich i did an hour ago i did the following;

I did all the goo in a jar, poured 200ml Naptha over it, added some Lye grains, not much, just a few, then i heated some water, poured that in a pan, and held the jar in that pan untill it sepperated in two layers, then i sepperated those two layers with the use of a plastic doctors needle, (without a needle attatched to it) so the top layer i kept, and the bottom layer i disposed off.

The extract is in the fridge now, i hope it looks better tomorrow. Very happy

corridors of my cells
#4 Posted : 9/8/2009 8:26:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm may be should use less naoh next time, needs a bit experimenting in my opinion Smile but dude yield is yield Razz damn im still waiting for the mhrb. Do u know how hard is it for me to look at those pictures Razz yummmmz ehehhe

lonewolf123
#5 Posted : 9/8/2009 8:39:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I may be way off on this one, but that looks like garbage to me..... I would definately re-x that.... I wouldnt smoke that, looks like lye is in their or something

Spiced
#6 Posted : 9/9/2009 4:53:19 PM

Terra Incognita

Your'e not way off at all, it was garbage, after re crystalizing the stuff there was near nothing left, so i wasted 100mg of mimosa on this :evil: , but ok, now i know a little more, too bad, nothing i can do about it.

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 9/9/2009 6:58:09 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

next time - if ur spice is like that, put it in a shot glass of naptha with a squirt of water, agitate a bit to disolve the spice and suck up the naptha with a little pipette and put it in a small dish.
Evap the naptha down until it turns white when u blow on it then freeze precip.
Seems like this was a totally avoidable tradgedy.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Spiced
#8 Posted : 9/9/2009 7:14:52 PM

Terra Incognita

Cool thanks for the tip!
Smile

Very nice avatar!

corridors of my cells
#9 Posted : 9/9/2009 7:32:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
next time - if ur spice is like that, put it in a shot glass of naptha with a squirt of water, agitate a bit to disolve the spice and suck up the naptha with a little pipette and put it in a small dish.
Evap the naptha down until it turns white when u blow on it then freeze precip.
Seems like this was a totally avoidable tradgedy.

lol Spiced , i told you dude NEVER throw any yield away Smile ehehe whatever, as i said all of us need such kind of experiences to learn.. Razz still better than damaging your eye tho ehehehhehe... and trust me ive seen my friend ending up with a worse product than that, from a mixture where i took the first pull and he took the second. and my pull was clear as hell..after that he didnt even re-freezed ... he just dried for 2-3 days and crashed, when it came i was like "wow it looks much better now what did you do?" and he said nothin just let it to dry.. and ofcrs its smoked sumhow Razz...

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 9/9/2009 8:40:36 PM

The Great Namah

Wow, all that trouble to get it and you just tossed it without finding out how to fix it?

Ok, your money, your stuff.

A few suggestions though. Use room temperature water and sodium carbonate OR baking soda to basify your water for a wash. Don't heat it up. You should wash before your first freeze precipiation for best results.

Don't wash with lye water, use a much weaker base if you can. You can even get away with washing with tap water in some cases with minimal loss.

To recrystalize add small amounts of warm/slightly hot naphtha to your spice jar, and mix gently until you have a puddle of yellow (or in your case pink?) at the bottom, if your naphtha is yellow (pink) let it sit for a few minute and let the oils crash back out as the temperature drops. Pour into a shot glass / mason jar and let sit for a day or so (or stick in the fridge for small xtals). When you come back and most of the solvent has evaped you should have some very nice, large, clear xtals.

Also an A/B with a naphtha, toluene, or xylene defat before basifing will give crystal clear spice with no clean up steps necessary.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

corridors of my cells
#11 Posted : 9/9/2009 9:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

A few suggestions though. Use room temperature water and sodium carbonate OR baking soda to basify your water for a wash. Don't heat it up. You should wash before your first freeze precipiation for best results.

sorry i had a question did you experimented if theres a difference in sodium carbonate and bi-carbonate? any harm to stuff coz of bi-carbonate or something? some people were talkin about it.. so i needed to ask.

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 9/9/2009 9:47:43 PM

The Great Namah

corridors of my cells wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

sorry i had a question did you experimented if theres a difference in sodium carbonate and bi-carbonate? any harm to stuff coz of bi-carbonate or something? some people were talkin about it.. so i needed to ask.

I haven't noticed any difference between the two. I have used both and the loss of yield was not worth mentioning with either. I will say to avoid ammonia at all costs. Loses up to 15% have been noted using ammonia to wash spice.

The point is really to raise the pH above neutral. Sodium Bicarb and Sodium Carb with both accomplish this. For a quick spice wash both work fine.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

corridors of my cells
#13 Posted : 9/9/2009 10:20:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

I haven't noticed any difference between the two. I have used both and the loss of yield was not worth mentioning with either. I will say to avoid ammonia at all costs. Loses up to 15% have been noted using ammonia to wash spice.

The point is really to raise the pH above neutral. Sodium Bicarb and Sodium Carb with both accomplish this. For a quick spice wash both work fine.

Thank you soo much, is there any topics you can give me link about carbonate wash or simply tell me proportions of water/naphta/na2co3 needed to wash per gram of dmt? or just simply what ph should i get the basified water before mixing with naphta ?

Spiced
#14 Posted : 9/10/2009 9:39:07 PM

Terra Incognita

Thanks guys, i guess i learned my lesson now. Confused
But next time, (i hope there won't be a next time) i get something looking like that, i know what to do, thanks, such a waste, but ok, i'm over it.Very happy