We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybe germanica: new species discovered! Options

teotenakeltje
#1 Posted : 6/11/2015 11:52:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Talk about exciting news!! This mushroom was discovered last Fall in Germany. Check out the link below:

http://onlinelibrary.wil...doi/10.1002/dta.1795/pdf

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Swarupa
#2 Posted : 6/11/2015 1:01:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting, makes me wanna head to Germany and get picking Smile

nemesauce
#3 Posted : 6/12/2015 5:40:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing this teotenakeltje!

I find the absence of psilocin interesting, is that an uncommon trait for a psilocybe mushroom?

teotenakeltje
#4 Posted : 6/12/2015 7:00:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you're very welcome! Smile
I was rather surprised to notice that this hadn't been posted here earlier, I think it's quite the news honestly!
The absensce of psilocin is not uncommon, liberty caps are also known to contain almost no psilocin. These mushrooms can be stored for a much longer time then others which are high in psilocin (panaeolus cyanescens for instance), since psilocybin is a much more stable molecule.

nemesauce
#5 Posted : 6/12/2015 8:52:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know, I'm really feeling the pull towards mycology and learning/practical applications, not just entheogenic mushrooms but also edible and medicinal species as well, that and I feel really engaged talking to other members about it.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do, I'm looking to start off with books by Paul Stamets and go from there. Again, thanks for sharingSmile

TurkeyRanch
#6 Posted : 6/14/2015 4:54:43 PM

On loan from Mycotopia

This is very cool, a new wood lover, and quite a potent one too. Plus they look very distinct from other common wood lovers, which is a plus. Thanks for posting that link, I believe I have a scanned copy of that paper, this is much nicer.

I wonder how long it will take until spores start making the rounds and people begin cultivating it? Not too long I suspect.

Nemesauce, if your feeling the pull towards mycology, go for it. Cultivating mushrooms of any sort is a very interesting and satisfying activity. Careful, once you start a culture collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. Wink
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile!

"Luck favors the observant." -Workman

nemesauce
#7 Posted : 6/14/2015 7:00:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ thanks TurkeyRanchSmile

I like the look as well... Less obvious imo.

It does look potent, I wonder about its character?Big grin