We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I actually prefer the VG to the GVG... Options

DarkMedicine
#1 Posted : 6/11/2015 2:12:28 AM

Crucify the ego, before it's far too late.

Anyone else of this opinion? I really have no problem blasting way out into hyperspace with a single hit off of my traditional wooden VG. I use a very small amount and a torch on low flame. Instant success every time. Anyone else prefer the traditional VG to the GVG?
“Do not make the mistake of supposing that the little world you see around you - the Earth, which is a mere grain of dust in the Universe - is the Universe itself. There are millions upon millions of such worlds, and greater. And there are millions of millions of such Universes in existence within the Infinite Mind of THE ALL”
― Three Initiates, Kybalion

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

starway6
#2 Posted : 6/11/2015 10:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...Im shure the ceramic lined wood.. VG is as good as GVG if the operator is skilled enough with vaping...

With glass im concerned that too much heat may crack or cause the glass bowl to explode sending glass into my eyes...

But i guess the thicker glass bowls shouldent have that problem...

universecannon
#3 Posted : 6/11/2015 10:03:57 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I like the wooden one especially for hiking and what not. But as far as which works better for me, the GVG.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Praxis.
#4 Posted : 6/11/2015 10:13:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never actually used the GVG so I can't compare, but I have had absolutely no problems with the regular wooden VG. The only downside that I experience which sometimes has me wishing I had a GVG is that I can't see the vapor, and so vaping technique has to be pretty precise. Being able to see the size of the hit you're about to take can be helpful--the regular VG feels a bit like a crapshoot in that regard.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

DarkMedicine
#5 Posted : 6/12/2015 2:39:33 PM

Crucify the ego, before it's far too late.

Well I am not really concerned with the size of the hit I am about to take so that is a non-issue for me. I think a lot of people have trouble with it because they are trying to use a regular lighter with the VG. That is what I originally did. But then I used a propane torch and haven't looked back since. I have dosed quite a few people using the VG and a propane torch and not a single failure yet. The key is to have just a small blue flame coming from the torch. I originally thought that using a torch would produce too much heat too quickly but I found out that I can load my VG with an excess of DMT and use the torch to light it. Then when I return from hyperspace there is still enough DMT to blast off again. And sometimes even a third time without reloading. Of course this is all based on preference. I have heard a few DMT veterans that still swear by the sandwich method and a few that swear by using a dab rig. To each their own.
“Do not make the mistake of supposing that the little world you see around you - the Earth, which is a mere grain of dust in the Universe - is the Universe itself. There are millions upon millions of such worlds, and greater. And there are millions of millions of such Universes in existence within the Infinite Mind of THE ALL”
― Three Initiates, Kybalion

starway6
#6 Posted : 6/13/2015 2:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I Just dreamed up this diferent vaping method..!

Now dont laugh..it may work better than you think...Big grin

Since DMT vapes at a fairly low temperature.. just imagine setting a glass ventelated bowl outside your window containing some freebase DMT in the hot direct sun..

The bowl will have a tube with a rubber hose conected to a ..[mouth piece].. going into the nice cool house through the window..

As your sitting in a comfortable couch.. with resperator or mouth piece in mouth.. and take a nap with nice music playing...

You will be able to safley breath through your nose and the resperator because the bowl outside has a carberator hole in it...

Asd you are laying there the DMTstarts creeping in slowly.. then sudenl!y reaches temperature under the sun and explodes into a ...[nice thick perfectly vaporized vapor!Very happy ...

You take in the... [perfect vapor].. that was created by the most natural lighter in the world...
[ the sun ]..

You might call this a solar lighter!

just dreaming..Cool

slugware
#7 Posted : 9/5/2015 11:31:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey folks

what is a good lighter to work for vaping spice with the wooden VG?

please recommend and share experience

i thought starting thread particularly for asking this but then stumbled upon this one and thought i could ask here

so i hope i don't derail it Pleased

starway6, it sounds very cool , but doesn't UV light degrade spice ? Or maybe it won't be affected in that much timespan ?

Jees
#8 Posted : 9/5/2015 12:48:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you type
gvg lighter
in the search page, on subject-rule you get a lot of threads.
All of info that goes for GVG is valid for wooden vg.

Happy lighterings.

slugware
#9 Posted : 9/5/2015 12:58:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, mate, i am just going through this thread now

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14598

thank you! Pleased

Leithen
#10 Posted : 2/14/2016 5:10:03 PM

Be Here Now

I just thought I would add my thoughts here. There isn't a terrible amount of information here on the regular VG and wanted to contribute what I could. Big grin

I have to agree that seemingly the biggest problem with the VG compared to the GVG is the ability to see the vapor. I have had the problem of not lighting the spice enough as well as lighting it too much. I generally use a bic and it seems to work just fine. I will be trying a torch my next go though.

For me, I measure how big my hit is by the feeling in the back of my throat. I can start to feel the vapor slowly come in and then adjust my heat as needed. Once I eel like I am almost about to cough I stop inhaling and hold the hit in. This works very well for me but there is clearly a learning curve. I have not seen anyone do this correctly the first time and it take a fair amount of time to teach someone.

I got my VG for free so I am really quite happy with it. I think there are many better options for similar price points but it no doubt gets the job done. Thumbs up
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

NotTwo
#11 Posted : 2/14/2016 7:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a wooden VG, liquid pad and a 90 degrees angle blowtorch lighter and get great results from minimal spice. My own addition to the VG products (same applies to VG and GVG) is the exiting vape can be just a bit too hot so I've added about 20 cm (8 inches) of clear PVC 16mm diam tubing to the end. This just cools it enough not to hit the back of the throat too much and it has the advantage that you can see the vapor headed your direction.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

Leithen
#12 Posted : 2/14/2016 11:53:23 PM

Be Here Now

NotTwo wrote:
I use a wooden VG, liquid pad and a 90 degrees angle blowtorch lighter and get great results from minimal spice. My own addition to the VG products (same applies to VG and GVG) is the exiting vape can be just a bit too hot so I've added about 20 cm (8 inches) of clear PVC 16mm diam tubing to the end. This just cools it enough not to hit the back of the throat too much and it has the advantage that you can see the vapor headed your direction.

This is a great idea. Thumbs up

When smoking with more than one person someone always ends up burning a finger or a lip on the extremely hot VG. Does the 16mm CPVC fit on air tight or do you need additional tape or something? I may have to make a trip to the hardware store. Laughing
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

NotTwo
#13 Posted : 2/15/2016 8:51:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen wrote:
NotTwo wrote:

This is a great idea. Thumbs up

When smoking with more than one person someone always ends up burning a finger or a lip on the extremely hot VG. Does the 16mm CPVC fit on air tight or do you need additional tape or something? I may have to make a trip to the hardware store. Laughing

I found 16mm pipe fits directly on to the first "bulge" of the wooden stem without tape or anything. Just warm it slightly and slide on for a good air tight fit.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

SpathiEluder
#14 Posted : 2/17/2016 6:47:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey NotTwo,

So you use the liquid pad?

Does that mean you dont have the ceramic filter in? Also, do you have more meshes loaded on top of the main screen?

What is your setup exactly? Sorry, I have been trying to use the wooden VG with no success - But I was using a normal lighter.

Cheers!

Tryptallmine
#15 Posted : 2/17/2016 9:21:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SpathiEluder wrote:
Hey NotTwo,

Does that mean you dont have the ceramic filter in? Also, do you have more meshes loaded on top of the main screen?

What is your setup exactly? Sorry, I have been trying to use the wooden VG with no success - But I was using a normal lighter.

Cheers!

I use a normal wooden VG with a single mesh and a torch or standard bic lighter to great effect. All I do is get some inert herb like passion flower (tea works fine), weigh out your DMT and put it on top of a solid bed of herb. Close the VG up and get your lighter slightly above the VG and draw a tiny bit of air through it to pre melt the DMT into/onto the herb.

Don't draw into your lungs yet, you're just pre melting it onto the herb. This stops you from sucking freebase DMT into your mouth when its fine or powdery.

Once that is done, you can get comfortable. Get your jet lighter or flame lighter out and keep it at a constant distance and allow it to heat for a second and then take a long steady/slowish draw so the heat remains steady and it vaporizes. You can pretty much clear 25-35mg in one deep hit and breakthrough every time. Hope that helps.

NotTwo
#16 Posted : 2/17/2016 4:00:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpathiEluder wrote:
Hey NotTwo,

Cheers!

Hi SpathiEluder

That's right, no ceramic filter. I put about 3 meshes in - probably not necessary with the liquid pad there but they don't do any harm. I run a normal lighter over the spice once it's on the pad just enough so it melts into the pad then I screw on the bowl. My lighter is fairly fierce. I start with it close up to the bowl because the liquid pads have a high thermic capacity and need that initial heating but then pull the lighter 2 or 3 inches above the bowl as soon as I feel the vapor coming through. You really can't go wrong with this setup.
NotTwo attached the following image(s):
CIMG0739.JPG (62kb) downloaded 294 time(s).
CIMG0738.JPG (49kb) downloaded 297 time(s).

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 2/17/2016 5:23:40 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I own both a wooden and a glass vapor genie. I've found the glass genie far superior to the wooden for freebase DMT.

This is mainy due to size. The filter cap on the wooden VG is quite large, the ceramic is significantly larger than the tiny ceramic in the gvg cap. This means it takes significantly moar heat to heat up the wvg to vaporization temps than it does with the gvg.

Which leads to me the next bit...

Torch lighters

They are completely unnecessary, I'm not sure why it's taken as gospel that a torch is the best or only way to vaporize DMT in a genie. My experience has demonstrated that torches are quite inferior to a simple old fashioned bic in every situation I've tried it.

I should add a disclaimer here that my wooden VG has a finish on it and therefore using a torch with it just tends to cook the finish no matter how careful you are with it. I'm willing to concede that if using the one that is just wood with no finish and trying to get it up to temperature as quick as possible (like for getting a quick rip of DMT within a short window) a torch may be the best or most appropriate way in that particular situation.

With a GVG the ceramic is so small and heats up so fast using a torch is just overkill, and your much moar likely to overheat/pyrolize the DMT using a torch if you aren't extremely careful. So far I've had 100% breakthrough rate with everyone that has used my gvg with a simple bic lighter and proper instruction.

I've relegated my wooden vapor genie to cannabis use since the gvg is so much moar effective and easy to work with for freebase ime. For cannabis there is no need to get a huge amount in a small amount of time, so here too I find the torch unnecessary.

Just my personal experience with both devices. YMMV
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

cosmickees
#18 Posted : 3/14/2016 9:31:33 AM
No turn un-stoned

Even though i try to make almost completely dark environment before administering i can still see some kind of visual feedback from the gvg. I have quite a low tolerance when it comes to inhaling a lot of vapor at once, so as soon as i see the transparency of the gvg is gone (i.e. there's a lot of vapor inside the pipe) i remove the lighter for a second and start inhaling more slowly as to not cause any coughing.

With the vg it was always sort of a hit and miss... sometimes i had too little, sometimes i had too much and had to cough..
Always follow the light