We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
NH1 News Investigates Hallucinogenic High: Drug DMT popping up in NH Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 6/9/2015 6:33:39 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
MANCHESTER - An ancient drug has made its way to the Granite State and manufactures are now mixing it with household products.

That mixture could not only be dangerous, but deadly.

Experts say the problem is skyrocketing here in New Hampshire and it's this hallucinogenic high that users can't get enough of.

It's called D-M-T, or N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT or N,N-DMT) and it's a psychedelic compound of the tryptamine family.

More and more people are using it than ever before.

It's more than doubled since experts started tracking it back in 2008.

And get this.

The person getting high on it could be sitting next to you right now.

Many times, a person can't even tell the user is high.

Most of those users, according to studies, are young teen boys.

On the busy streets of Manchester, many people haven't even heard of it.

At least not yet.

We asked people and most of them had no idea what D-MT even was.

Even though it's been around the country for the last few years, late last month police were called to a Lake Avenue apartment building in the Queen City.

Federal, state, and local police evacuated the building for a so-called D-M-T lab.

Police took at least one man into custody and several others taken to the hospital for possible exposure to the drug.

Melissa Fernald, a drug and alcohol counselor out of Wolfeboro says, a major concern is authorities don't know what manufacturers of the drug are cutting it with..

"It's very dangerous," Fernald says.

The drug is similar to LSD and is a synthetic hallucinogenic.

It can be mixed with household products and dried into a powdery substance and is known for causing blackouts.

On the street, it's known as Fantasia or a businessman's trip.

The reason?

Users can often get a quick high and then head right back to work or whatever they were doing.

Users smoke it, vaporize it, or use it intravenously.

"I started off seeing shapes, and then there were cats, and then I fell out of space and ended up at the Last Supper in Heaven?" says Dr. Michele Ross, a psychedelics advocate.

It might be a good high but when people make it, once again the problem is one wrong move and it could cause an explosion.

When asked if it's on the radar of police, officials, or law enforcement, Fernald says, "It should be." Adding that she's fearful she'll see more of it hit the streets.

There's more information on Fernald's organization, Safe Surroundings, on its website.

http://www.nh1.com/news/...ug-dmt-popping-up-in-nh/

Rolling eyes
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

#2 Posted : 6/9/2015 6:50:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Laughing Laughing Laughing Big grin

.......Cool Twisted Evil

oversoul1919
#3 Posted : 6/9/2015 6:59:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't cringe at such stupidity, I cringe at the fact that most of the people believe such nonsense.

Doc Buxin
#4 Posted : 6/9/2015 8:01:00 PM

Pay No Mind

Perusing the comments below the article, it looks as if quite a few people aren't falling for this bit of ignorant, sensationalist misinformation.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

oversoul1919
#5 Posted : 6/9/2015 8:07:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
Perusing the comments below the article, it looks as if quite a few people aren't falling for this bit of ignorant, sensationalist misinformation.

I think those are people like you, me and other people of Nexus, who hate such propaganda and lies, who already know what DMT is. Ask random stranger on the street what DMT is, and he will probably don't have an idea. And where he will learn about it? From such propaganda articles.

Akasha224
#6 Posted : 6/25/2015 2:29:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'll be honest, I began to get frustrated as I was reading the article, but reading some of the comments has restored my faith, so to speak. The masses surely aren't capable of critical thought, but there are still beacons of intellect & intelligence in this world.
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 6/25/2015 3:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Users can often get a quick high and then head right back to work or whatever they were doing.

I kinda beg to differ...! Cool

Ufostrahlen
#8 Posted : 6/25/2015 4:22:51 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Quote:
Many times, a person can't even tell the user is high.

Hehe, sometimes even the user can't tell anymore. He's THAT high! Laughing

Quote:
I don't cringe at such stupidity, I cringe at the fact that most of the people believe such nonsense.

Work, eat/drink, sleep, procreate. Thinking takes too much energy and is only for the elite. The perfect workforce for a new world (order). Twisted Evil
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Jees
#9 Posted : 6/25/2015 4:51:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
...Most of those users, according to studies, are young teen boys....

Old bags using DMT keep looking like teenagers, quite useful studies Thumbs up

DoingKermit
#10 Posted : 6/25/2015 11:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's like the story came straight out of The Onion. That made me giggle. Seemed like the writer basically googled DMT and anything that could be exaggerated and twisted as dangerous was done so. Not many people would take that seriously IMO.

I also agree the comments reflect what most of us are thinking... it's all a load of dribble. Amusing dribble at that Smile

TGO
#11 Posted : 6/26/2015 4:16:57 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

You know, I used to live in Manchester, NH so I probably have a contact high right now and I don't even know it! That's how it works, right? Laughing

Then after I blackout I will head straight to work and be a productive citizen...

Razz Very happy Big grin Laughing

Give me a break...
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish