We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unusual Psilocybe mexicana experience. Options

oversoul1919
#1 Posted : 6/4/2015 10:16:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, this isn't mine experience, but my friends, and because it is so interesting, I thought it would be nice idea to share it.

I don't remember when did he told me last time he did shrooms. He mostly does LSD and MDMA, and he does shrooms rarely. I think it's more than a year since he told me he did shrooms last time.

So the story goes like this:

He got 5 grams of shrooms from a guy he knows has shrooms. He got 5 grams because he did 3 grams last time, and had very good experience, so he thought it would be interesting to increase the dose to see its effects. When he took shrooms, he didn't ask what kind of they were, he thought they're same as the ones he got before (cubensis).

As the intensity of experience slowly increased, he noticed something strange, patterns, geometrical shapes he never seen before. He recognized them as being Aztec like. He saw Aztec gods, giving him knowledge, telling him secrets, leading him through some kind of ancient places, they told him how this life is a test, which we must pass. He saw their buildings, it was very realistic, everything. He saw one temple, and on the top of it, there was some bright golden light with was shining with most beautiful light ever, radiating light and love. He saw some kind of jaguar people, which were very friendly and loving. He relieved the experiences and memories of Aztec people. On one occasion, when his sitter asked him if he was alright, he looked at him, and saw him dressed as Aztec priest.

When the experience ended, he was in complete awe and disbelief. Shortly after he almost completely came down, he phoned that guy to ask him what kind of shrooms were those, because he never had experience like that. When he told him those were Psilocybe mexicana, he just hang up, without telling a word. He was in greatest shock and amazement since his very birth.

He told me he also cried afterwards, told me that words cant even touch what he exactly experienced.

This experience I'm writing with his permission.

Peace and love.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 10/18/2015 5:19:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm assuming this dosage was with dried mushrooms (and not the sclerotia/truffles)?? If so, 5g would be an incredibly powerful dose of Psilocybe mexicana, anything above 1g dried can produce powerful effects apparently.

I've heard amazing things about these mushrooms, and they were favoured by the Aztecs, and also modern indigenous Mexican tribes that use mushrooms today in ceremonies, such as the Mazatec. The late, great mushroom medicine woman Maria Sabina apparently favoured P. mexicana above any other species (and the Mazatec have pretty extensive knowledge of their mushrooms), and interestingly she refused to work with P. cubensis mushrooms in her healing ceremonies.

Quote:
On one occasion, when his sitter asked him if he was alright, he looked at him, and saw him dressed as Aztec priest.

This is interesting...as the late, great Dr Albert Hofmann ran a bioassay to test the activity of P. mexicana that came into his possession, and he ingested 32 pairs, or 2.4g (dried), so around half your dose, and he described:

Quote:
When the doctor supervising the experiment bent over to check my blood pressure, he was transformed into an Aztec priest, and I would not have been astonished had he drawn an obsidian knife.

...interesting both the good doctor and your friend experienced the same thing under the influence of the same species of mushroom!

Anyway I'm hoping to grow my own P. mexicana, I have this hunch they are going to kick my relationship with mushrooms up a notch or two! Thanks for sharing Thumbs up

Felnik
#3 Posted : 10/18/2015 8:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Aztec Mayan theme with mushrooms is so incredibly interesting . I've had it before on a few occasions. Sounds like an amazing trip report.

My question has always been why the Mayan Aztec stuff?
It's such a strong theme when it happens . The experience could be anything but why that ? What's the connection ?
How did they imprint they're cultural artifacts into the mushrooms where even to this day we still see and experience these things ? It's totally fascinating
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 10/18/2015 8:54:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could it be a bit of a chicken and egg scenario at play here?? As in maybe the Aztec style designs and patterns are true to the mushroom, and the Aztecs and other Mesoamerican cultures based their architecture and art on the designs they perceived under the influence of mushrooms and other psychedelics.

Ryusaki
#5 Posted : 10/19/2015 1:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
Could it be a bit of a chicken and egg scenario at play here?? As in maybe the Aztec style designs and patterns are true to the mushroom, and the Aztecs and other Mesoamerican cultures based their architecture and art on the designs they perceived under the influence of mushrooms and other psychedelics.

Nail > Head

I once drunk a huge dose of hamala tea (without additives) and i flew over a desert on a magic carpet and saw beautiful Mosques and temples with lots of oriental patterns on them, radiating pure light.

I took mexican shrooms too and had a similar experience like OP's friend (only not soo strong)

For me its pretty clear who is the chicken and who is the egg.

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 10/19/2015 2:37:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's cool Ryusaki, I've heard that Syrian rue has been linked to the flying magic carpet myth. That sounds like an amazing experience.

Intrigued though to get to know P. mexicana mushrooms a little better.