We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushrooms and zoloft effective for depression? Or mushrooms neutralised by zoloft? Options

DreaMTripper
#1 Posted : 5/31/2015 3:45:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive read various reports that this combo is safe however would it be effective?
My freind and I are going through a bout of depression at the moment, he takes zoloft I do not take anything apart from 5-HTP.
Im going to have a low-medium dose of shrooms soon in the hope of rebooting and healing myself, or at least lifting the depression a notch or 2 and mentioned to him and he is eager to try it however would the zoloft neutralise any beneficial effects that psylocibin could give him?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 5/31/2015 3:51:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many people report that SSRIs neutralize the effects of mushrooms, making tripping only possible at much higher doses.

5-HT and psilocin both competitively bind to the 5-HT2A, so if you have more 5-HT at any given time, a greater percentage of the 5-HT2ARs will be bound to 5-HT, which means less will be available for psilocin to work it's magic.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

DreaMTripper
#3 Posted : 5/31/2015 4:36:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you ND Smile