We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
[UK News] Blanket ban to clamp down on 'legal highs' Options

soulfood
#21 Posted : 6/10/2015 12:34:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I think a mass cannabis smoking would be more appropriate.

General users can keep their head, it would smell like crazy and could you really arrest hundreds of people for possession?... Plus the majority of people are cool with it and the rest of the world is starting to accept it. It certainly highlights how regressive we are.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoingKermit
#22 Posted : 6/10/2015 12:58:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I think a mass cannabis smoking would be more appropriate.

General users can keep their head, it would smell like crazy and could you really arrest hundreds of people for possession?... Plus the majority of people are cool with it and the rest of the world is starting to accept it. It certainly highlights how regressive we are.

I agree. Cannabis would have been a safer bet and loads of people would have backed it. They are just angry that legal highs are getting banned and since nitrous is quite safe, they think it'll make a positive statement. They have good intentions, but I don't think the Psychedelic Society really thought this one through.

DeltaSpice
#23 Posted : 6/14/2015 3:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find this hard to stomach .
Why cant I make myself a better person.

In the Queen’s Speech on 27 May 2015, the government of Great Britain announced that new legislation will ban all psychoactive substances. A new bill was introduced in the House of Lords on 28 May and will apply across the UK. The bill will make it an offence to produce, supply, offer to supply, possess with intent to supply, import or export psychoactive substances; that is, any substance intended for human consumption that is capable of producing a psychoactive effect. The maximum sentence will be 7 years imprisonment. The bill provides powers to stop and search persons, vehicles and vessels, enter and search premises in accordance with a warrant, and to seize and destroy psychoactive substances.

The UK Psychoactive Substances Bill

A “psychoactive substance” means any substance which— (a) is capable of producing a psychoactive effect in a person who consumes it, and (b) is not an exempted substance. A substance produces a psychoactive effect in a person if, by stimulating or depressing the person’s central nervous system, it affects the person’s mental functioning or emotional state; and references to a substance’s psychoactive effects are to be read accordingly. A person consumes a substance if the person causes or allows the substance, or fumes given off by the substance, to enter the person’s body in any way.

A person commits an offence if— (a) the person intentionally produces a psychoactive substance, (b) the person knows or suspects that the substance is a psychoactive substance, and (c) the person— (i) intends to consume the psychoactive substance for its psychoactive effects, or (ii) knows, or is reckless as to whether, the psychoactive substance is likely to be consumed by some other person for its psychoactive effects.

A person commits an offence if— (a) the person intentionally supplies a substance to another person, (b) the substance is a psychoactive substance, (c) the person knows or suspects, or ought to know or suspect, that the substance is a psychoactive substance, and (d) the person knows, or is reckless as to whether, the psychoactive substance is likely to be consumed by the person to whom it is supplied, or by some other person, for its psychoactive effects.

obliguhl
#24 Posted : 6/14/2015 5:32:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lets not worry too much though as its aimed at protecting those who work hard and are "citizens"

skoobysnax
#25 Posted : 6/14/2015 5:48:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Schulgin in turning in his grave. All this BS is why DNMs exist in ever higher numbers. Every ban results in less stable and untested compounds being built to fill demand. How about easing up a bit on the tried and true classics and expand harm reduction? Surely their is one voice of reason and knowledge that can the UK can get behind!!??
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

DoingKermit
#26 Posted : 6/14/2015 8:00:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All psychoactive substances are banned... except for alcohol and tobacco. Yeah, that makes sense.

Here's another thread on the same subject: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=642042

DeltaSpice
#27 Posted : 6/14/2015 8:02:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
All psychoactive substances are banned... except for alcohol and tobacco. Yeah, that makes sense.

Here's another thread on the same subject: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=642042

All I know is that now they are seizing Caapi Vine at customs where as before it was all good.

DoingKermit
#28 Posted : 6/14/2015 8:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
Schulgin in turning in his grave. All this BS is why DNMs exist in ever higher numbers. Every ban results in less stable and untested compounds being built to fill demand. How about easing up a bit on the tried and true classics and expand harm reduction? Surely their is one voice of reason and knowledge that can the UK can get behind!!??

In the UK, people like David Nutt and Dr Robin Carhart-Harris are conducting really ground breaking studies regarding psychedelics and how they affect the brain. However, it hasn't made a difference regarding UK law.

Maybe in 10 years cannabis will become be legalised...

JustCurious.
#29 Posted : 6/14/2015 8:16:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caapi being seized now ? I've never heard that before, it's a real shame the road this country appears to be going down here.

DoingKermit
#30 Posted : 6/14/2015 8:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:

All I know is that now they are seizing Caapi Vine at customs where as before it was all good.

Really? That's the first i've heard of any thing being seized regarding psychoactive plants. I just hope mimosa stays under the radar as it is not orally active on it's own.

oversoul1919
#31 Posted : 6/14/2015 8:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:

What about coffee?

Ridiculous, of course.

Nathanial.Dread
#32 Posted : 6/14/2015 9:41:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, I never thought I'd live to see the day when the USA seemed like the more open-minded and liberal country when compared to those across the pond Shocked

Is this actually likely going to get passed/signed off on (I don't know how your legal system works), or is it more just political point scoring? That happens sometimes here in the US - politicos will introduce a ludicrous bill with no chance of passing, just so that, when reelection time comes, they can say "I did XYZ and those commies/rednecks shot it down!"

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

DeltaSpice
#33 Posted : 6/14/2015 10:55:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From a well known vendor;

[5 valuable packages sent to the United Kingdom were confiscated by customs without further notice. We are still investigating this issue, and until we have answers, we are holding off ordering from the United Kingdom Any order placed from your country will first be reviewed and we discuss with the customer what to do. This is to avoid disappointments and losses on either side.]

I know growing plants containing DMT is very possible but can we grow Caapi B vine at home?

DoingKermit
#34 Posted : 6/14/2015 11:26:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like the Lords don’t like this bit of the legislation very much, so it will go through a tweaking process and ultimately refined before it is cleared. Although it’s not specifically aimed at ethnobotanicals, they could easily become caught up in it.

I am well and truly baffled by the whole thing.

Koornut
#35 Posted : 6/14/2015 11:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.independent.c...-committee-10311289.html
It's a strange turn of events.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

LSDvibes
#36 Posted : 6/15/2015 12:51:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Making more things illegal will really help citizens avoid taking unknown substances... Confused

LSDvibes
#37 Posted : 6/15/2015 12:53:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oversoul1919 wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:

What about coffee?

Ridiculous, of course.

Once they find the mind-opening effects of caffeine, maybe? Or if it could treat or cure diseases better than pharmaceuticals!

Ufostrahlen
#38 Posted : 6/15/2015 9:02:34 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

obliguhl wrote:
Lets not worry too much though as its aimed at protecting those who work hard and are "citizens"

Lol Smile Yes, work hard and let us do the thinking for you, we know what's best for you. Razz
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Chan
#39 Posted : 6/15/2015 9:57:35 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

downwardsfromzero
#40 Posted : 6/15/2015 10:50:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

DoingKermit wrote:
Seems like the Lords don’t like this bit of the legislation very much, so it will go through a tweaking process and ultimately refined before it is cleared. Although it’s not specifically aimed at ethnobotanicals, they could easily become caught up in it.

[...]

Are you sure?

Quote:
37 Powers of examination, etc

(1) This section applies where a relevant enforcement officer is exercising a power of search conferred by section 33, 34 or 35 in relation to any premises.
(2) The officer may examine anything that is in or on the premises.
(3) The officer may carry out any measurement or test of anything which the officer has power under this section to examine.
(4) The power conferred by subsection (3) includes power to take a sample from any live plant.

They want to police every single thing we do, even in private, and would love to turn us into criminals for their prison slavery scheme. This is probably the easiest way, and the main reason for the lack of ceasefire in their catastrophic 'War on Drug( user)s'.

Here is the document in full, do (everyone) try reading at least sections 1 to 11, section 23, and Schedule 1.

Note that section 10, which covers exempted activities, or at least power to make exemptions, does not define any exemptions yet...

And to think they start all this stuff with same old archaic guff:
Quote:
A
BILL
TO
Make provision about psychoactive substances; and for connected purposes.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and
consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present
Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

[etc]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV1234NEXT»