We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
[UK News] Blanket ban to clamp down on 'legal highs' Options

d*l*b
#1 Posted : 5/29/2015 3:46:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In an incredibly regressive step, a bill is being put forward to ban pretty much anything psychoactive.

I hope that it proves too riddled with holes to go through, however I am not hopeful that it, or some form of very restrictive regulation, won’t go through soon enough.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/blanket-ban-to-clamp-down-on-legal-highs

Quote:
Action to protect young people from the dangers of so-called ‘legal highs’ and target those who profit from their trade was announced by the UK government today (Friday 29 May).

The Psychoactive Substances Bill will prohibit and disrupt the production, distribution, sale and supply of new psychoactive substances (NPS) in the UK. They are often sold online or on the high street.

Quote:
it will be an offence to produce, supply, offer to supply, possess with intent to supply, import or export psychoactive substances; that is, any substance intended for human consumption that is capable of producing a psychoactive effect. The maximum sentence will be seven years’ imprisonment.

Quote:
substances, such as alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, food and medical products, will be excluded from the scope of the offence, as will controlled drugs, which will continue to be regulated by the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

Quote:
similar to the legislation introduced in Ireland, it will also capture substances that, although not new, are psychoactive, have been used as intoxicants for many years and are not harm free.
D × V × F > R

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Orion
#2 Posted : 5/29/2015 7:34:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought someone might bring this up...*sigh*... where to start...?

Aren't most of these little packets already labelled 'NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION' ? The government is so incredibly out of touch. Does this mean if you sell caapi leaves for consumption it is now illegal, even though caapi itself is legal in the UK ? This is all so vague, it's embarrassing.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

MaNoMaNoM
#3 Posted : 5/29/2015 8:35:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Laws are messed up! Seriously, how will banning blankets stop legal highs? it's ridiculous.
Blankets are becoming more relaxing and increasing numbers of blanket related accidents.
Well that is sad for the UK, losing some freedom. Going to get less comfortable over there.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

Xagan
#4 Posted : 5/29/2015 8:45:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely ridiculous, I couldn't believe it when I read it. All this will do is push everything underground and create an environment that no one wants to exist. This is a bad step if it goes through, hopefully by some miracle it doesn't actually happen

soulfood
#5 Posted : 5/30/2015 12:30:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

No, it's important that we deny and in fact actively repel the beneficial use of psychoactive substances and probably should even start burning witches again. What's important is to scrap the human rights act, stop gays getting married, stop the ban on fox hunting and make the laws easier for big businesses and harder for the poor. As long as the government can read my mail and monitor my phone calls, everything shall be fine.

Can I say the C word? Plural?

Not shocked!

It's gonna be V for Vendetta I tell's ya!

Quote:
In 2013, there were 120 deaths involving NPS in England, Scotland and Wales.

Is that all?

Quote:
In 2013 there were 8,416 alcohol-related deaths registered in the UK, an age standardised rate of 14.0 deaths per 100,000 population. A small increase of 49 deaths compared to 2012 did not change the overall rate.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/on...-registered-in-2013.html

Quote:
Tobacco is the single most preventable cause of death in the world.[2] Tobacco smoking caused an estimated 101,000 deaths in the UK in 2010 - almost a fifth (18%) of all deaths from all causes.[3] It caused an estimated 43,000 cancer deaths in the UK in 2010 - more than a quarter (27%) of all cancer deaths.[2] Tobacco (both active smoking and environmental tobacco smoke) causes almost a fifth (19%) of all cancer cases in the UK each year.[1]

http://www.cancerresearc...isk/tobacco#heading-Zero

I know I'm preaching to the converted but.... The amount of breakthrough in psychiatry in recent years using novel psychoactive substances that were not known of by science 100 years ago... Then this?

I know I would be labelled just another conspiracy nut by most, but my increase in use of psychoactive substances eliminated my use of tobacco and significantly reduces my intake of alcohol, which due to past emotional baggage I've been quite heavily into. Every legislation this government is passing:

Money > Liberty

Come to the UK; It's a pricks playground and it rains everywhere except in the resevoir.

d*l*b
#6 Posted : 6/1/2015 8:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope sense prevails and they rethink their strategy.

Things you own which the legal highs bill is going to make illegal

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/06/01/things-you-own-which-the-legal-highs-bill-is-going-to-make-i

D × V × F > R

Orion
#7 Posted : 6/1/2015 11:57:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where's the icon for where you facepalm so hard, you break all of your fingers?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Chan
#8 Posted : 6/2/2015 12:23:50 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Relax...IMO

This will make the (legally infamous) Dangerous Dogs Act look as fine as the Human Rights Act, as soon as it emerges into 'discussion'.

Even water is frickin' psychoactive, especially if you don't have quite enough of it.

They over-reach, like all infants, and end up crying.

Now. Is the time.

X

“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

BeenHereBefore
#9 Posted : 6/9/2015 8:17:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"any substance intended for human consumption that is capable of producing a psychoactive effect."

Will this include MHRB? without interference (mixing with other chemicals or extraction etc) it doesn't produce a psychoactive effect...
Everything written above by the poster BeenHereBefore is simply an extract from a recent dream.

Jees
#10 Posted : 6/9/2015 8:35:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BeenHereBefore wrote:
...Will this include MHRB? without interference (mixing with other chemicals or extraction etc) it doesn't produce a psychoactive effect...

Vihno de Jurema is made of solely Mimosa H.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimosa_tenuiflora wrote:
...The isolation of the chemical compound yuremamine from Mimosa tenuiflora as reported in 2005 represents a new class of phyto-indoles,[19] which may explain an apparent oral activity of DMT in Jurema...

Seems the yuremamine is killed by heat, so they make the Vihno cold soaked.
There are successful and dull reports about this wine.
It does ask for large quantities of bark, which is not particularly tree friendly.

steppa
#11 Posted : 6/9/2015 10:34:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BeenHereBefore wrote:
"any substance intended for human consumption that is capable of producing a psychoactive effect."

Am I right that this will include chillis/peppers?
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Ufostrahlen
#12 Posted : 6/9/2015 1:07:56 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

steppa wrote:
Am I right that this will include chillis/peppers?

Quote:

1l Coca Cola bottles and chocolate bars. Ban'em all!!1
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Purges
#13 Posted : 6/9/2015 2:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Political point scoring at its very lamest. And we have to put up with 5 more years of it, too.

They can play by their rules, I will continue to play by my own.

Blech Sick
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 6/9/2015 2:47:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of course they won't persecute people for using breath freshener. They will just punish those they want to punish. A law that gives the state blanket power to do whatever it pleases is not a law, its facism.

Not sure what "Ermächtigungsgesetz" is in english....

steppa
#15 Posted : 6/9/2015 3:16:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could politicans be sued if they consume a substance intended for human consumption that is capable of producing a psychoactive effect?
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Purges
#16 Posted : 6/9/2015 5:01:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
Could politicans be sued if they consume a substance intended for human consumption that is capable of producing a psychoactive effect?

Or better yet, jailed...

Some interesting footage of George Osborne very high on something (cocaine most likely) IN PARLIAMENT.

The hypocrisy runs very deep indeed with this lot.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Ufostrahlen
#17 Posted : 6/9/2015 5:47:57 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

obliguhl wrote:
Not sure what "Ermächtigungsgesetz" is in english....

It's Enabling Act

Quote:
The formal name of the Enabling Act was Gesetz zur Behebung der Not von Volk und Reich (English: "Law to Remedy the Distress of People and Reich").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling_Act_of_1933

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

hug46
#18 Posted : 6/9/2015 7:11:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
steppa wrote:

Or better yet, jailed...

Dream on. If they can get away with being paedophiles i find it very unlikely that they will get into trouble for consuming psycho acive substances.

soulfood
#19 Posted : 6/9/2015 8:34:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Probably the most immature protest ever, but hey!

http://www.independent.c...w-drug-law-10307931.html

DoingKermit
#20 Posted : 6/9/2015 10:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Probably the most immature protest ever, but hey!

http://www.independent.c...w-drug-law-10307931.html

I met the guy who organised the event (Stephen Reid) and he definitely has his heart in the right place... however, I don't think it's a good idea and doesn't help the "cause" by gathering a load of people to take balloons. The mess alone will look pretty bad and the floppy noz stupor is never a good look.

Now if everyone smoked DMT... Big grin

123NEXT»