We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
glass *ahem* pipe from back in the day, still make em & would one work for fb? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 5/27/2015 1:41:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Sorry, long title. Back in the day, I used to have a glass pipe, made out of simple tube ( similar to a 'oil burner/bubble' and just as nefarious, but different in intention-they were made for crack.) It was a glass tube, turned up 45°, and ended with a round bowl that stepped down three times, so that you could load a stack of small screens in the bottom, load material in the center, and stack large diameter screens at the top. Seems to me that it would vaporize fb pretty effectively, using the same basic premise as a VG. An I correct in thinking so?

I really don't care what the intended purpose is for them, I'm just wondering about efficacy. I was thinking I could have a friend blow one out of borosilicate and a bunch of Love anyway...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 5/27/2015 2:20:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not 100% sure I'm visualizing what you're describing correctly, but if it works for crack cocaine, it would probably work for freebase DMT as well. Crack is just freebased cocaine and the glass vaporizers do a pretty good job.

Please don't do crack (I have no doubt that you have zero intention of smoking crack, but whenever crack pipes come up in conversation, I feel the need to throw that out there).

Blessings
~ND

"There are many paths up the same mountain."

null24
#3 Posted : 5/27/2015 5:16:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll try my best to refrain, natty, but it's so tempting, looks like so much fun! NOT! Take all my money and put me in a bad mood, no thanks. Even when i did that stuff, back in the eighties, we called it "getting lonely".

You know those hats Devo wears? Kinda looks like those, but upside down, like if you stacked three hat boxes on top of one another. The smallest is towards the pipe stem intake, so on.

I'm just wondering if they're still made, and where to get one? My local head shop guy seems to think they're a thing of the past. It's unfortunate, seems a great, cheap alt to the vg concept.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tryptallmine
#4 Posted : 5/27/2015 12:13:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll save you the pain of finding one and figuring out that they are horrible to smoalk freebase from. I have a couple here - I've never tried to light up anything other than DMT in them and its so horribly harsh its not funny.

My spice is really quite clean but its pretty basic when you hit spice straight out of a glass pipe. I went reaching for some apple cider vinegar in water to wash of the light base burning feeling.

I much prefer a nice slow toke out of a regular VG. Nice and smooth mixed in with some inert herbs.

null24
#5 Posted : 5/27/2015 3:31:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I usually use enhanced mullein, in fact have never hit my acacia extracts any other way. I've never noticed a basic burn, maybe that's why.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

fluidfocus
#6 Posted : 6/3/2015 3:31:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you're talking about this:
http://simpleglasspipe.c...roduct&product_id=89

But might I recommend this instead:
http://simpleglasspipe.c...roduct&product_id=98

Most efficient smoking method I've encountered. I used to have a head shop near my house that sold them but these days they seem difficult to come by.

null24
#7 Posted : 6/3/2015 6:25:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, that's not it, but same league. That's an oil burner or worseWut?

I know lots of folks dont like those for their implications, but i have no prior relationship with them and was thinking of trying one out... Or just put the bucks out for the vs....

This really crappy diagram may give y'all a better idea...
null24 attached the following image(s):
PicsArt_1433353322454.jpg (76kb) downloaded 276 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

roninsina
#8 Posted : 6/6/2015 7:27:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if this thought has anything to do with the opinion you're soliciting but I'll offer anyway in case it does. I have a very limited number of vape sessions under my belt but have found it extremely effective to simply cap the top of a standard glass pipe's bowl with the ceramic flavor disc as mentioned by Gibran2 in the 'Bye Bye chore boy' thread. I crumble a strand of copper scrubby into the bottom of the bowl, add fb or what have you, then protect that from the flames with the disc on top. A few bucks to get the discs delivered to your door and they turn virtually any regular mj pipe into an effective vaping tool.

Don't know how viable another idea I spent a little time ruminating is as I've not bothered to test it as a result of my success with the aforementioned but again, for whatever it's worth. I looked a bit into cool flame. Whereas various fuels, especially with high levels of air mixture, burn at fairly low (closer to more or less idyllic for vaping) temperatures. Would maybe be most effective for bulb or tube style pipes. The best guess I could think to start with was filling a zippo with different OH's but couldn't get past having to close the lighter to extinguish (the probably already invisible without the influence of dmt) flame.

Anyhow, kudos on the recent special project and can't wait 'til there's general access again.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

null24
#9 Posted : 6/6/2015 6:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is really just curiosity, most of my smoalking has been with enhanced mullein, but thanks to cyb"s & e.w's simple backsalt process, my alchemy lab has learned the secret of ACRB crystals. Therefore, I now have the ability to measure & be a little more procedural in dosing. The flavor disk advice is good.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm hoping it will be open early next week, it's all waiting for me to write the first post. I've been slacking a bit, just met a very awrsome, not to mention beautiful new friend, and it's not every day you run into s a person as special as she. Plus i have no fourth ketter of the alphabet on my phone, its very aggravating to try to write without it.Wut? But I'll be working on it today
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

PsyDuckmonkey
#10 Posted : 12/10/2018 12:26:52 PM

witch

I tried smoking DMT from a crack pipe, and it sucks so bad it's a wonder people even mention it. When using a controlled-temperature heat source like a hot air gun, the liquid DMT just precipitates on the glass, away from the heat. When using a flame, it burns the DMT, plus it still does some of the precipitation thing. Overall, completely useless in my experience.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

null24
#11 Posted : 12/10/2018 5:22:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IDK, this is way old, and that glass pipe i found was a relic from the 80's; the kind of pipe we used to take into the parking lot and smash at 4:00 AM to try to get some sleep, ugh. "Gettin lonely", we used to call that... Shoulda cast it in resin or something but i lost it...

Uhhh, yeah, well...Luckily I'm not sentimental at all and am not easily triggered by, say, using a crack pipe to smoke spice. I've found the experience quite different from yours and its saved me tons of money. And i used to be poor, now I'm just cheap, so it really works out well for me to do something like the following:

I've taken to using a modified crack pieapproach, using stems from multiple sources- glass droppers, cheap chillums, etc- loaded with a good size chore pellet, then some spice melted into that, and finally another chore pellet to act as a "flame shield". Low tech, ghetto, whatever you want to call it, they provide a consistent 1-hit breakthrough (IF that's the aim, or small hits, wtvr) with -40mg doses and a torch. There's some loss, and some taste sometimes, but honestly I've gotten better, more consistent hits through these than from my buddy's GVG.

Also, they can be premade for a individual or group session, eliminating fumbling with spice while high or arranging doses as a sitter allowing one to be more fully present.

ALSO, with the eye droppers, i can just put them back together and screw the cap back onto the bottle; it adds a level of stealth security and ease of transport, worry free about breakage.

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*